UE46ES6300 Color Calibration Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

I've been playing with my ES6300 for some weeks now, and I've managed to get some decent calibration results after several
long evenings. I'm not a pro but I'm quite pleased with the results so far. I've managed to get a good gray scale from IRE 10 to IRE 100 with DeltaE less than 1,5 for the entire range. Most values are actually around 0,5. The gamma is pretty spot on the 2,2 target.

However, I have some difficulties when it comes to the calibration of the primary and secondary colors on my display. When the color
space is set to auto, the colors are not that bad really. However I would really like to calibrate it myself. The problem is that when I change colorspace from auto to custom then the green primary color is waaay off. I mean really way off. The green point is on it's way towards cyan (on the straight line). However, when I select the green primary on my TV and try to increase the green amount from 25 (default) and up the point doesn't move. If I decrease the value then I can see the point moving even further towards cyan. Have I missed something? As I said, I'm not a expert. I'm using HCFR with the i1Display3, and the AVS HD 709 disc. I'm using the 100% colors on the disc as source. I'm also a bit confused about what to actually look at in HCFR when I do the color calibration. The green primary also has some amount of both red and blue, however it's not possible to decrease red or blue for the green prime since the values are 0 (lowest) for both red and blue.

Can anyone give me some clues?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page