I'm Torn between 2 sets. Need advice. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ive been researching a LG 47LM6700 and Samsung UN46ES6500. I'm torn between these two sets. Each one has one major flaw that ive been hearing. LG is really a 60hz with software upgrading it to 120 and some people have been getting early builds that dont even come with the software. The samsung ive been hearing has those dimming issues.

They are both priced the same at my local retailers. I've owned a 2010 model LG LCD and I was very happy with it.

Now im not that very well educated on this subject of TV's and all the finer details about TV's that the average consumer wont even notice but PQ is the most important thing to me. Smart TV I could care less about and 3D seems like it could be fun to have from time to time.

Any help to help me make a decision on those two sets would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Ive read through the threads about these tv's on this forum and still cant decide lol. As well amazon reviews and youtube reviews. Im SLIGHTLY leaning towards the LG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would say passive 3D all the way of you have kids...I don't know why the lg have such bad reviews compared to samsung i had the es7500 felt really cheap...I am not a fanboy of any company just like what i think is good...I had the LG lm8600 look at the toshiba l6200u the PQ looks the same bought my 55" out the door for 1,400 and some change...It's pretty much the same as lg same style just less apps....AIso read that the Vizio has pretty good reviews, keep an open mind play with the tv's @ the stores happy hunting biggrin.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page