Vizio M3D651SV?? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 119 Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
rickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by injrav View Post

I am not sure whether I am also facing banding problem or not
but I am noticing white cloud at the time of start up [not entire screen.. I can say its middle of screen -- all most of size 27 inches tv].. It will be there for couple of seconds and then screen looks normally.
any idea about what it is?

injrav,

I posted a reply here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439520/official-vizio-m3d651sv-owners-thread

Rick
rickie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 119 Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Newbie
 
BigFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmxmx View Post

anyone have any info on the Vizio M3D651SV? when it comes out, review, etc? it looks similar to the available M3D650SV key difference that i can tell is 240hz/651 vs 120hz/650. I was gonna go pick up a 650 today but now IDK
I have enjoyed the 651-240hz for about a month now. All I can say is that without a doubt, this is the best tv I have ever owned. For the price, you will not find a comparable tv with these features. This post is probably late for your decision, hope you selected the 651. Costco sold me mine fore $1578 + $99 home delivery.
BigFan is offline  
post #93 of 119 Old 12-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Member
 
injrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree with BIGFAN feedback
this is best tv for price
now it is available on bestbuy also
injrav is offline  
post #94 of 119 Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Newbie
 
R3KV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 650, for about 7 months. No problems and quite happy. Somethings you should know.
You can use the USB ports to view movies (mp4). Note that the port only sees FAT32, so you are limited to files less then 4Gb. There is one torrent site that has 1080p files that are smaller then 4Gb (you'll have to find it yourself).
I have a 500Gb passport (WD) hard drive USB(2.0/3.0) plugged into the 650 with 2D and 3D movies stored on it and they look great.
I have a 2.4/5.0 GHz n router but you can only use the 2.4GHz band with the 650. You can't upgrade because the motherboard only sees the 2.4GHz signal.
R3KV is offline  
post #95 of 119 Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 AM
Newbie
 
LuckyCheetah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Don't know if you have bought one yet, I have the Vizio M3D651SV and could not be happier, the 3-D is superior to the 650 w/adjustable depth (that could be due to the 240Ghz). Pre-ordered on December 03, and received it on December 14 w/free delivery to my home...Cost: $1748.96 including delivery and wall mounting.
LuckyCheetah is offline  
post #96 of 119 Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Burnerbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Troy/Caseville, MI
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCheetah View Post

Don't know if you have bought one yet, I have the Vizio M3D651SV and could not be happier, the 3-D is superior to the 650 w/adjustable depth (that could be due to the 240Ghz). Pre-ordered on December 03, and received it on December 14 w/free delivery to my home...Cost: $1748.96 including delivery and wall mounting.

Where does the 651 let you control the picture depth. I don't see anything in the menu when 3d is on.
Burnerbum is offline  
post #97 of 119 Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
1jeffcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreafletcher View Post

I'm not buying anything Cnet says, I'd put money on it that there on the take with Panasonic, best way to get an honest opinion is from the buyers. As it stands this T.V. has highest customer rating average on Amazon.The Cnet review was right about glossy screen, funny how it didn't seem to be an issue on those Panasonic plasmas they rate so highly. O that's right he said this one is the glossiest hes ever reviewed lol,

Unfortunately, I will have to disagree. CNET was spot on with their review and I think they missed out on various other bad things about the TV if they had a long term review.

My father purchased this TV because he is "cheap" and is has problems out the wazoo. First off, the HDMI-2 port doesn't even work. Banding is very noticeable across the entire screen even while displaying content you can see the stationary banding in the background during panning scenes, even though he claims not to see it(he is cheap and doesn't care about picture or quality). There is a VERY noticeable blue push, just as CNET described. Night scenes are come in with a very bluish black, instead of a black black. Likewise, the black levels are mediocre as best. It's only happened once to my knowledge, but the TV has automatically shut itself off once(a common problem with Vizios). The "Smart" features are fairly worthless as the TV's processor is pitifully slow as loading them or it's content. The remote is really cheap, buttons are not that reactive, and being infared, you have to have it pointed right at the left corner of the TV otherwise it won't sense your input.

By far, the most annoying part is the lip sync problems to the digital cable box. Now based on what I have heard from others using videos, this is possibly remedied by having a cable box and attaching it via L-PCM, but it is ridiculous none the less. We watched the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona and during commercials, it looks like a 1950s Japanese to English dubover film.

While the glossy screen may not be a problem for some in basements and fully enclosed rooms, if you have any ambient light or windows behind you, you might as well scrap the TV as it has the glossiest screen I've seen in lately with zero filters. It quite literally is a complete mirror and that is not an exaggeration. My brother and I stood 15ft away from the screen jokingly and could watch videos from his Iphone in the reflection of the scene....it's laughably bad. However, if you have it in a basement or a room with no lighting on, it's fine.

My brother played "Le Mans" via Blu-ray and it's unwatchable. The amount of judder from the cars is ridiculous and you will see 5 cars trailing 1 cars in the movie as it's nothing but a choppy mess.

About the only plus I can give this TV is that the 3D content is pretty good. It does a solid job resolving 3D content when we played Avatar through it via Blu-ray. However, I would strongly caution anybody about buying this TV. My only hope is that my father doesn't get the dreaded screen failures that has plagued other Vizios recently, as this TV is exibiting all the same problems as though TVs with it's lip sync issues, banding, and automatic power offs. It's cheap for a reason.
1jeffcat is offline  
post #98 of 119 Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Burnerbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Troy/Caseville, MI
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post

Unfortunately, I will have to disagree. CNET was spot on with their review and I think they missed out on various other bad things about the TV if they had a long term review.

My father purchased this TV because he is "cheap" and is has problems out the wazoo. First off, the HDMI-2 port doesn't even work. Banding is very noticeable across the entire screen even while displaying content you can see the stationary banding in the background during panning scenes, even though he claims not to see it(he is cheap and doesn't care about picture or quality). There is a VERY noticeable blue push, just as CNET described. Night scenes are come in with a very bluish black, instead of a black black. Likewise, the black levels are mediocre as best. It's only happened once to my knowledge, but the TV has automatically shut itself off once(a common problem with Vizios). The "Smart" features are fairly worthless as the TV's processor is pitifully slow as loading them or it's content. The remote is really cheap, buttons are not that reactive, and being infared, you have to have it pointed right at the left corner of the TV otherwise it won't sense your input.

By far, the most annoying part is the lip sync problems to the digital cable box. Now based on what I have heard from others using videos, this is possibly remedied by having a cable box and attaching it via L-PCM, but it is ridiculous none the less. We watched the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona and during commercials, it looks like a 1950s Japanese to English dubover film.

While the glossy screen may not be a problem for some in basements and fully enclosed rooms, if you have any ambient light or windows behind you, you might as well scrap the TV as it has the glossiest screen I've seen in lately with zero filters. It quite literally is a complete mirror and that is not an exaggeration. My brother and I stood 15ft away from the screen jokingly and could watch videos from his Iphone in the reflection of the scene....it's laughably bad. However, if you have it in a basement or a room with no lighting on, it's fine.

My brother played "Le Mans" via Blu-ray and it's unwatchable. The amount of judder from the cars is ridiculous and you will see 5 cars trailing 1 cars in the movie as it's nothing but a choppy mess.

About the only plus I can give this TV is that the 3D content is pretty good. It does a solid job resolving 3D content when we played Avatar through it via Blu-ray. However, I would strongly caution anybody about buying this TV. My only hope is that my father doesn't get the dreaded screen failures that has plagued other Vizios recently, as this TV is exibiting all the same problems as though TVs with it's lip sync issues, banding, and automatic power offs. It's cheap for a reason.

I'll agree with you on some points, but the shinny screen isn't one . I have mine in a room with large windows and a 155 gallon reef tank with 650 watts of lighting in it. I had both the shiny screen and the anti glare set up in here and had friends compare. The shinny screen does give off a reflection but the antiglare screen obsorbs the light and washed out the picture compeletely. Cnet needs to over their obsession with glossy screens and talk about the excellent blacks the screens give.

The Blue Push is bad and I have never been able to get rid of it completely. Too many blacks looked navy blue.

I do see a lip sync problem with it being off slightly. To some it might not be a problems but if you watch carefully it's there.

I have to say I see very little banding expcept what is actually in the broadcast itself. I recorded some programming and while I was editing it I could see the banding on my PC.

The biggest problem I have is with the screen fluttering when a scene changes. This should not happen. I have 7 Vizio TVs going back 6 years now and they are all still working like new.

I tired the Samsung and Panasonic and they all have thier own problems. And if you like listening to a TV that sounds like a 1950's transistor radio then go for one of them.

Some people buy Brand Names whether or not they are good and some people buy sets that look and function good even if it's not "the Top Name" out there.

They all have problems and I wouldn't knock Vizio or your Dad because the set was affordable..
Burnerbum is offline  
post #99 of 119 Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
1jeffcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

I'll agree with you on some points, but the shinny screen isn't one . I have mine in a room with large windows and a 155 gallon reef tank with 650 watts of lighting in it. I had both the shiny screen and the anti glare set up in here and had friends compare. The shinny screen does give off a reflection but the antiglare screen obsorbs the light and washed out the picture compeletely. Cnet needs to over their obsession with glossy screens and talk about the excellent blacks the screens give.

The Blue Push is bad and I have never been able to get rid of it completely. Too many blacks looked navy blue.

I do see a lip sync problem with it being off slightly. To some it might not be a problems but if you watch carefully it's there.

I have to say I see very little banding expcept what is actually in the broadcast itself. I recorded some programming and while I was editing it I could see the banding on my PC.

The biggest problem I have is with the screen fluttering when a scene changes. This should not happen. I have 7 Vizio TVs going back 6 years now and they are all still working like new.

I tired the Samsung and Panasonic and they all have thier own problems. And if you like listening to a TV that sounds like a 1950's transistor radio then go for one of them.

Some people buy Brand Names whether or not they are good and some people buy sets that look and function good even if it's not "the Top Name" out there.

They all have problems and I wouldn't knock Vizio or your Dad because the set was affordable..

I won't dispute the gloss screen improves the black quality, although the black quality is still mediocre, but to have so much glare that it is entirely unwatchable with any form of light or lit object behind you makes the pros of the improved black levels with a glossy screen irrelevant. Like I said, if you are in a room where there is no light or windows, it's a moot point, but most rooms for people are not that case. It's in no way filtered and just a complete mirror to the point where you have to wonder if they intentionally polished the screen to double as a mirror.
1jeffcat is offline  
post #100 of 119 Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
rickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

I'll agree with you on some points, but the shinny screen isn't one . I have mine in a room with large windows and a 155 gallon reef tank with 650 watts of lighting in it. I had both the shiny screen and the anti glare set up in here and had friends compare. The shinny screen does give off a reflection but the antiglare screen obsorbs the light and washed out the picture compeletely. Cnet needs to over their obsession with glossy screens and talk about the excellent blacks the screens give.

The Blue Push is bad and I have never been able to get rid of it completely. Too many blacks looked navy blue.

I do see a lip sync problem with it being off slightly. To some it might not be a problems but if you watch carefully it's there.

I have to say I see very little banding expcept what is actually in the broadcast itself. I recorded some programming and while I was editing it I could see the banding on my PC.

The biggest problem I have is with the screen fluttering when a scene changes. This should not happen. I have 7 Vizio TVs going back 6 years now and they are all still working like new.

....

Burner,

I noticed the blue push when watching a fog scene in Pirates of Car - Stragner tides. I ended up using the color temp control to knock the blue and green offsets down to around 90 and that seems to take care of my problem. I knocked the red offset down also but not as much, maybe 110.

I also notice very little banding. I sometimes notice a lipsync issue, but it isn't consistant and is only slightly off, small enought that it's hard to tell which is trailing audio or video.

I have seen some minor stutters so far only on OTA broadcasts. I watched another OTA tonight, and didn't see any stutter. I've noticed it most when the OTA broadcast is 720p rather than 1080i. I don't know if this is related or not. But I'm not sure what I'm seeing is the same as you, because it isn't during a scene change that I notice it.

But so far i'm satisfied. The issues above have been fairly minimal not glaring issues.

thanks
rick
rickie is offline  
post #101 of 119 Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

I do see a lip sync problem with it being off slightly. To some it might not be a problems but if you watch carefully it's there.

Careful with that one. If you over-analyze lip-sync, you'll see it everywhere even on a CRT. Trust me, you will.

1JeffCat: By the way: about this problem. Perhaps I'm not following your issue correctly: All FP's have a lip sync issue to some extent (even in "game mode") if you're pushing the audio straight from the source (STB/BD/DVD, etc.) to a sound system. If you're using the TV's speakers (so sound comes via HDMI), or if you're using HDMI-ARC, or if you're having the TV itself push the audio back out (to your sound system) through one of it's own external audio ports (S-PDIF, or even plain old line-level RCA), then there should be no lipsyncing issue at all.

If Vizio can't match its audio to it's own currently displayed frame using the above scenarios, I'll be amazed. Because that is one colossally unforgivable @#$%up, and the industry would have been all over their case about it, because there's No. Reason. For. It.

So how are you set up? Do you send the audio from the Set Top Box to the sound system?

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #102 of 119 Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
rickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Careful with that one. If you over-analyze lip-sync, you'll see it everywhere even on a CRT. Trust me, you will.

I think you're correct in that. Last nite I watched both OTA show and a movie from my DISH box and neither source showed any of the issues I mentioned.

rick
rickie is offline  
post #103 of 119 Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickie View Post

I think you're correct in that. Last nite I watched both OTA show and a movie from my DISH box and neither source showed any of the issues I mentioned.

rick

When your wife starts showing it, then you know you've over-analyzed. LOL.

What is your sound setup? And what is 1JeffCat's?

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #104 of 119 Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
rickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

When your wife starts showing it, then you know you've over-analyzed. LOL.

What is your sound setup? And what is 1JeffCat's?

LOL, yeah. I have all of my sound going to the TV via HDMI and then from the TV to my AV Recvr.

Thanks
rick
rickie is offline  
post #105 of 119 Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickie View Post

LOL, yeah. I have all of my sound going to the TV via HDMI and then from the TV to my AV Recvr.

Thanks
rick

1JeffCat, are you following this? You need to have the TV decide how to sync the sound. You can't split the picture & sound at the source, send the picture to the tv and the sound to the receiver and expect it to line up. Flat Panels have that as an issue----there's processing time in the way, even in their "game mode".

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #106 of 119 Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
1jeffcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Careful with that one. If you over-analyze lip-sync, you'll see it everywhere even on a CRT. Trust me, you will.

1JeffCat: By the way: about this problem. Perhaps I'm not following your issue correctly: All FP's have a lip sync issue to some extent (even in "game mode") if you're pushing the audio straight from the source (STB/BD/DVD, etc.) to a sound system. If you're using the TV's speakers (so sound comes via HDMI), or if you're using HDMI-ARC, or if you're having the TV itself push the audio back out (to your sound system) through one of it's own external audio ports (S-PDIF, or even plain old line-level RCA), then there should be no lipsyncing issue at all.

If Vizio can't match its audio to it's own currently displayed frame using the above scenarios, I'll be amazed. Because that is one colossally unforgivable @#$%up, and the industry would have been all over their case about it, because there's No. Reason. For. It.

So how are you set up? Do you send the audio from the Set Top Box to the sound system?

Have not tried OTA broadcasts. It only happens on SOME channels and not all channels. Speed is one example. The Golf Channel is a another. There are numerous others, but I'm not aware of them all. Previously the TV was hooked via HDMI to a Time Warner Digital Cable box and had lip synching. The Time Warner Box is now hooked to the HDMI input on the 5.1 Receiver with an HDMI out of the receiver going to the TV. Either way nets lip sync all the same. Regardless of hook up, we have the same model cable box hooked to 3 different TVs and they have been connected to 5 TVs previously....none of them have exhibited this problem in an annoyingly noticeable fashion even once.
1jeffcat is offline  
post #107 of 119 Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Careful with that one. If you over-analyze lip-sync, you'll see it everywhere even on a CRT. Trust me, you will.

1JeffCat: By the way: about this problem. Perhaps I'm not following your issue correctly: All FP's have a lip sync issue to some extent (even in "game mode") if you're pushing the audio straight from the source (STB/BD/DVD, etc.) to a sound system. If you're using the TV's speakers (so sound comes via HDMI), or if you're using HDMI-ARC, or if you're having the TV itself push the audio back out (to your sound system) through one of it's own external audio ports (S-PDIF, or even plain old line-level RCA), then there should be no lipsyncing issue at all.

If Vizio can't match its audio to it's own currently displayed frame using the above scenarios, I'll be amazed. Because that is one colossally unforgivable @#$%up, and the industry would have been all over their case about it, because there's No. Reason. For. It.

So how are you set up? Do you send the audio from the Set Top Box to the sound system?

Have not tried OTA broadcasts. It only happens on SOME channels and not all channels. Speed is one example. The Golf Channel is a another. There are numerous others, but I'm not aware of them all. Previously the TV was hooked via HDMI to a Time Warner Digital Cable box and had lip synching. The Time Warner Box is now hooked to the HDMI input on the 5.1 Receiver with an HDMI out of the receiver going to the TV. Either way nets lip sync all the same. Regardless of hook up, we have the same model cable box hooked to 3 different TVs and they have been connected to 5 TVs previously....none of them have exhibited this problem in an annoyingly noticeable fashion even once.

Ignore the OTA for now----that's not at issue. I think we're hitting a bit of confusion.

One setup at a time.

For your setup here:

STB---(HDMI)--->Receiver---(HDMI)--->TV

If you are using the sound out of receiver, you will definitely have lip syncing issues if the receiver is using the sound embedded in the initial HDMI. That is, UNLESS you have it configured this way:

STB---(HDMI)--->Receiver---(HDMI with ARC)--->TV

...in which case the sound will not come out of the receiver's speakers until the TV has sent it BACK through the Audio Return Channel.

You still haven't specified. Where is the sound coming out of? The TV's speakers or the receiver's?

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #108 of 119 Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Wait a minute. 1JeffCat: Please tell me you're not connecting ANYTHING to the RCA left/right (white/red) audio connections on the back..........

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #109 of 119 Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
1jeffcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Ignore the OTA for now----that's not at issue. I think we're hitting a bit of confusion.

One setup at a time.

For your setup here:

STB---(HDMI)--->Receiver---(HDMI)--->TV

If you are using the sound out of receiver, you will definitely have lip syncing issues if the receiver is using the sound embedded in the initial HDMI. That is, UNLESS you have it configured this way:

STB---(HDMI)--->Receiver---(HDMI with ARC)--->TV

...in which case the sound will not come out of the receiver's speakers until the TV has sent it BACK through the Audio Return Channel.

You still haven't specified. Where is the sound coming out of? The TV's speakers or the receiver's?

The way it is connected is mostly irrelevant. The only way it is SOMEWHAT alleviated is by running the HDMI from the cable box to the receiver and then to the TV via the HDMI Out on the receiver(ARC). This is solely because the receiver is on automatic lip synch adjust, but even the receiver can only correct it so much.

I can connect the box with no audio receiver to the TV via HDMI and it's at it's worst. Essentially, just cable box to TV via HDMI and the lip synch is unbearable on some of the stations. This TV isn't the only one. The 60A3 and 70A3 model Vizios have the exact same complaints with them.
1jeffcat is offline  
post #110 of 119 Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeffcat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Ignore the OTA for now----that's not at issue. I think we're hitting a bit of confusion.

One setup at a time.

For your setup here:

STB---(HDMI)--->Receiver---(HDMI)--->TV

If you are using the sound out of receiver, you will definitely have lip syncing issues if the receiver is using the sound embedded in the initial HDMI. That is, UNLESS you have it configured this way:

STB---(HDMI)--->Receiver---(HDMI with ARC)--->TV

...in which case the sound will not come out of the receiver's speakers until the TV has sent it BACK through the Audio Return Channel.

You still haven't specified. Where is the sound coming out of? The TV's speakers or the receiver's?

The way it is connected is mostly irrelevant. The only way it is SOMEWHAT alleviated is by running the HDMI from the cable box to the receiver and then to the TV via the HDMI Out on the receiver(ARC). This is solely because the receiver is on automatic lip synch adjust, but even the receiver can only correct it so much.

I can connect the box with no audio receiver to the TV via HDMI and it's at it's worst. Essentially, just cable box to TV via HDMI and the lip synch is unbearable on some of the stations. This TV isn't the only one. The 60A3 and 70A3 model Vizios have the exact same complaints with them.

It's the "some of the stations" thing that has me mystified. Unless it's the normal "once in a while" thing from stations that plagued everything, including my CRT.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
tgm1024 is online now  
post #111 of 119 Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
rickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've changed my setup slightly from my last post. I now run an digital audio connection from my blu ray player to my receiver rather than using the digitial audio from the TV. The digital audio from the TV was not able to pass DTS, and I wanted to get DTS from my recieiver. My reciever is onlder and doesnt have any HDMI connections. I haven't noticed any audio sync issues with blu ray yet, either before making this change or after.

As far as when the sync happens on other inputs, I'm beginning to think it might have something to do with either the audio or video signal that is being sent to the TV,which may vary from channel to channel and may even vary on the same channel for different shows or movies. Mine is intermitant and usually isn't noticeable.If I could pn it down more reliably and could reproduce it, I'd contact Vizio.

I watched a LOT of tennis several weeks ago and could use the ball hit to check audio sync and there was no noticiable sync problem at all with that broadcast.

Thanks
rick
rickie is offline  
post #112 of 119 Old 05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Datagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What do you guys have for a firmware version?... i was told awhile back a new would be released yet i dont see that it has occurred.
Datagg is offline  
post #113 of 119 Old 08-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Member
 
zerolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looking at buying this TV for $1,300.00

is it worth it? or should I go something else? thank you guys
zerolimit is offline  
post #114 of 119 Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Datagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolimit View Post

looking at buying this TV for $1,300.00

is it worth it? or should I go something else? thank you guys

Being a owner myself and family loving the set, i wouldn't hesitate for a second. Great deal.
Datagg is offline  
post #115 of 119 Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Member
 
zerolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
awesome thank you! I've been looking for a great tv and thanks for your advise! Hope this tv is good enough for you guys it is good enough for me!
zerolimit is offline  
post #116 of 119 Old 08-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Datagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What does this look like to you guys.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/Datagg/Vizio%20TV/20130811_215520_LLS.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/Datagg/Vizio%20TV/20130811_215038_LLS.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/Datagg/Vizio%20TV/20130811_214517.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/Datagg/Vizio%20TV/20130811_214420.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/Datagg/Vizio%20TV/20130811_091240.jpg


i have checked the sources, seem fine. Watching a BD, or even the 360 or ps3 wont do this (as bad). Everything for the most part looks great, but there are some shows like the above where there is like this rolling foggy look, blocky, pixelated thing going on and it is driving me insane. If in fact if it is the set, im looking for if any a technical word that describes this so i can tell Vizio if it comes to that. i got this set on march 30, so i dont think i am within return time, but i did buy an extended from Walmart. i have messed with settings, tried going right to tv from DVR, swapped HDMi cables, even tried composite.. no change. And of course i am now able to see this issue no matter how good the display looks as my eyes are fine tuned to look for it, really driving me insane.

Tough images to capture. The last one is from the showroom on DTV, right before the display came up. You can see the rolling fog look. The other images just plain show the worst of the worst during ice road truckers.

Thanks guys for any input you may have.
Datagg is offline  
post #117 of 119 Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Datagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Guys, quick question. What is your current firmware version on your M3D651SV.

Thanks
Datagg is offline  
post #118 of 119 Old 11-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Member
 
Gator06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post

Guys, quick question. What is your current firmware version on your M3D651SV.

Thanks

3.18.3.1175
Gator06 is offline  
post #119 of 119 Old 05-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Datagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Whats the current firmware version on model M3D651SV? -Want to make sure this thing is updating. Thanks guys!!
Datagg is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Vizio 65 Inch Led 3d Hdtv M3d650sv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off