Vizio M3D651SV?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 119 Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone have any info on the Vizio M3D651SV? when it comes out, review, etc? it looks similar to the available M3D650SV key difference that i can tell is 240hz/651 vs 120hz/650. I was gonna go pick up a 650 today but now IDK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Just ordered one at Amazon: VIZIO M3D651SV 65-Inch Class LED Smart TV with Theater 3D for $1700
post #3 of 119 Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags_FL View Post

Just ordered one at Amazon: VIZIO M3D651SV 65-Inch Class LED Smart TV with Theater 3D for $1700

That's out of stock now?

I saw the 650SV the other night and it intrigued me a bit...but the 651 @ 240Hz would be intriguing as well...especially at the same price which it seems to be at $1700...
post #4 of 119 Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM

Looks good to me. SHould wait for some reviews (CNET, users) before buying. Resist Resist biggrin.gif (65" for 1700 is tempting!)
post #5 of 119 Old 09-12-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

yea IDK if i should get the 650SV or wait for the 651SV. I had seen that amazon listing but didn't really wanna order it yet because i have no idea when it comes out. on a side note and kinda weird. the 651SV was on Vizio's website last night for around $1900 (not in stock or for sale yet) and now it's nowhere to be found on their site.
post #6 of 119 Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM

i am debating on the same thing. I contacted vizio today and they said they do not have a release date at this time. They said the difference between the 2 is the 240 hz vs 120hz and the analog audio output is rca vs 3.5mm. Sams just dropped their price on the 650 from $1648 to $1335.
post #7 of 119 Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgc116 View Post

i am debating on the same thing. I contacted vizio today and they said they do not have a release date at this time. They said the difference between the 2 is the 240 hz vs 120hz and the analog audio output is rca vs 3.5mm. Sams just dropped their price on the 650 from $1648 to $1335.

Did you see it in the club? Online still shows $1648 for my club pickup.
post #8 of 119 Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 PM

Liked: 11
Does anyone know if this one has a glossy or matte finish?
post #9 of 119 Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

what type of panel, ips= instabuy for me does look like a good buy
post #10 of 119 Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

ordered 1 off of walmart.com going to do instore pickup. not gonna wall mount it for a few weeks until i'm sure i like it/want to keep it
post #11 of 119 Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 AM

I contacted Vizio customer support. They described the screen as a semi gloss. I assume it is the same as its predecessor, but let me know when you get it please.
post #12 of 119 Old 09-29-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Will it allow dual play mode like the LG where both game players get a full screen image (although I'm not sure US LGs do this; the dual play glasses are available at the UK site only)?

One player gets left-only polarizing lenses and the other gets right-only.

And does Vizio have the extensive user calibration menus that LG has?
post #13 of 119 Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by eweiss View Post

Will it allow dual play mode like the LG where both game players get a full screen image (although I'm not sure US LGs do this; the dual play glasses are available at the UK site only)?
One player gets left-only polarizing lenses and the other gets right-only.
And does Vizio have the extensive user calibration menus that LG has?

That should be a function of what's driving the tv. A 3D signal is sent from the source with left and right eye information. It's just a matter of getting the right glasses. The TV couldn't possibly know the difference from this and Avatar.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #14 of 119 Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

The Vizio manual doesn't mention dual play settings. It lets you set for side-by-side or top-bottom or Sensio - Sensio might eliminate the horizontal lines, but not all media is encoded for Sensio 3D, I hear. I don't think the LG uses Sensio. Maybe the 2013 models will.
post #15 of 119 Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Vizio manual doesn't mention dual play settings. It lets you set for side-by-side or top-bottom or Sensio - Sensio might eliminate the horizontal lines, but not all media is encoded for Sensio 3D, I hear. I don't think the LG uses Sensio. Maybe the 2013 models will.

If you have a game console that is sending a 3D information to the TV, the TV will have absolutely no clue about it, render it just like any other 3D signal, and you'll have the two displays he's talking about (with the left-left and right-right glasses).

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #16 of 119 Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

i got it yest, it's semi gloss? idk more like super gloss. tv is pretty sick just used to the matte finish of my 747i.
post #17 of 119 Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM

I'm interested in this TV to replace a 50" Samsung LED DLP. I'm curious to know how the viewing angle is in terms of both reflection of the glossy screen and picture quality, as well as "image smearing" inherent with LCD. Last years model seemed to have an issue with that even with all the processing turned off. I need a wide viewing angle to be able to see the TV from the kitchen, but glare is a big issue since there is a double sliding glass door on the opposite side of the kitchen (the TV sits inbetween). The angle is just such that you see a reflection of the backyard when trying to watch from the kitchen. Pulling the curtains isn't always an option (when we have company over in the day people will go to/from the backyard during football etc.) Ironically a front projection is the only type of screen that is reflection free but there is the obvious issue of ambient light. I'm hoping this Vizio is the solution!
post #18 of 119 Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 AM

Great sxmxmx, can you please post pics. I actually think the Vizio set has one of the better pictures whenever I roam Sams or Costco. Am very interested in picking up the 65 inch this month. What other impressions do you have.
post #19 of 119 Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

gator if glare is an issue, you may want to look for another set. i'm telling you it's super glossy, i'm not a huge fan of that, but so far that's my only complaint. fox i'll get a few pics up. like i said i think it's a pretty sick tv. i haven't messed w/ advanced settings too much i'm sort of waiting for some people on here to get it and post the numbers of what they did to make the tv look the best (in their opinion) and image smearing actually was a noticeable issue at first. i only noticed it when playing fifa 13 (ps3). it never smeared on my 747i like it did on the vizio. there are basic settings for football, movies, game, etc. i put it on game and it fixed the issue. 3d looks awesome, have only looked at 2-4 gb files so far that play using vlc media player and still looks pretty awesome.
post #20 of 119 Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Seriously considering buying this set. My first gen Samsung LED (a deep style one) died last week.

I have several smaller Vizio sets and have been very happy with them.

sxm how would you compare the screen glare to what you see in lots of the plasmas? I don't have the brightest room in the world, there are windows close with curtains and 2 lamps, but it's a long room with more windows further back away from the set (25ft) that always let light in. Worried about that. I might pull the trigger on one and just try it in my living room. I went TV shopping and generally was OK with the glare levels on the LED's but the plasmas seemed to have too much.

Anyone have any experience with returning a TV to Walmart? That's where I will probably buy it.

Thanks!
post #21 of 119 Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 PM

So I trekked to a walmart 50 miles from me and picked up this set.

I haven't used it much, just got it installed really.

First impressions:

As I feared it has the most glare I have seen of any current LED, probably as much as any plasma. I took a stroll through several stores before buying it. Just rearranged my living room to position it in a corner to help hide the windows and lights. I got a pretty decent setup now but the thing looks like a black mirror.

That being said I find it plenty bright and the blacks seem very solid. I am not a TV nerd so I won't boast that this thing has great blackness.

The 3D wasn't bad on Tron and the kids real3d glasses from the theater all worked fine, the vizio's might have worked a little better tho. We played a few PS3 video games in 3D, maybe not crazy about that as a thing but it looked good.

I have a problem with it though, and this is hopefully isolated, but I have a pair of cumples in the back plastic about 2/3rds of the way up. I noticed some odd patterns in the glare (bending/swirls) and a little uneven light on the boot up screen (several hot looking zones). Then I noticed that the TV has a bend to it, maybe 5 or 10 degrees backwards. I'll be calling Vizio to see what they want to do.

I am impressed enough with it not to take it back based on picture but the reflections are bad. I am lucky my wife is pretty fired up by the change in furniture arrangement. If not it would go back and that Sharp 60 LED that is about the same price (but with active glasses) would come home.

What would you do if it was your set? I can take it back to my local walmart, but they don't have the same TV. The walmart I got it from had 2, but man that was a pretty far drive.
post #22 of 119 Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

wonder what does this mean "but I have a pair of cumples in the back plastic about 2/3rds of the way up."

yea i told you super gloss. that's still my only issue. you can return anything to walmart
post #23 of 119 Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmxmx View Post

wonder what does this mean "but I have a pair of cumples in the back plastic about 2/3rds of the way up."
yea i told you super gloss. that's still my only issue. you can return anything to walmart

Sorry that wasn't clearer. I have a pair of creases on the back on the outside edge main plastic support., like a paper bend where it looks like the panel/case was buckled, I meant to say crumples originally. They are not both in the same spot on the left and right. Does your set have that?

Does your set have any slight curve to the panel on the top or is it dead flat?

I notice a little "funhouse mirror" effect to the room reflections in the screen.

I also notice uneven color/light on the vizio boot up screen, some more grey/smoke looking patches on the bottom left quadrant.
post #24 of 119 Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderrx View Post

Sorry that wasn't clearer. I have a pair of creases on the back on the outside edge main plastic support., like a paper bend where it looks like the panel/case was buckled, I meant to say crumples originally. They are not both in the same spot on the left and right. Does your set have that?
I notice a little "funhouse mirror" effect to the room reflections in the screen.
I also notice uneven color/light on the vizio boot up screen, some more grey/smoke looking patches on the bottom left quadrant.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a definitive answer to that but it would worry me very much and absolutely be worth a trip to Bestbuy (or wherever) to compare to the floor model.

post #25 of 119 Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

This is not encouraging. It sounds like I may have to pay $1,000 more for the upcoming LG 65" passive 3D set to avoid the glare and other issues, though that means the "Smart TV" apps like Flash may not be upgradeable, per current LG users' experience.
post #26 of 119 Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:

This is not encouraging. It sounds like I may have to pay $1,000 more for the upcoming LG 65" passive 3D set to avoid the glare and other issues, though that means the "Smart TV" apps like Flash may not be upgradeable, per current LG users' experience.

I don't know that I will use the apps much, I flipped through them a bit, but my DirecTV box has most of them and my $90 GoogleTV Revue box does all of the others, probably better. That thing is awesome for netflix and youtube.
post #27 of 119 Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM

One new thing to report. I am having issues with the TV accepting volume commands. Really really odd, seems like depending on the boot up the volume won't respond. Then a few minutes later it will. It does it with both the Vizio remove and the DirecTV remote the I programmed to control the TV also.
post #28 of 119 Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just a quick side note: I really don't see having embedded apps as all that valuable----or to rephrase better: I don't see having bad apps within a TV as all that condemning. I see the current app model best fit with something external. Worry about the display, not the apps. DLNA push abilities, streaming, app this, app that, all are attainable from an external box that can be replaced or even in the case of full android systems: fully revved with very few limitations. As near as I can tell so far.

Yes, I know why people would want to have something together with limited external items. And I'm still researching this. But it really seems to me where the universe shakes out for today.

There are many who feel otherwise, but I'd concentrate on the display for now and things like the volume issue wonderrx mentioned.

post #29 of 119 Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Went through Vizio chat support. They requested photos which I provided and then called in. Basically they told me to take the set back to Walmart and exchange for another, a problem since none of my walmarts have the set yet! But I think I have 90 days so hopefully my walmart will get one soon-ish. They said the screen shouldn't have the lean it had now and they suspected that uneven-ness I was seeing on the boot screen also had to do with it.

Very happy with the look of the set, especially when I darken the room some. I am surprised how much I like the effect of the 240hz on most network programming.
post #30 of 119 Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Very happy with the look of the set, especially when I darken the room some. I am surprised how much I like the effect of the 240hz on most network programming.

Hopefully it was just a bad unit... this set at that price is tempting. How do video games look on it? Any lag or blurring?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Vizio 65 Inch Led 3d Hdtv M3d650sv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page