LG 47LK520 for $460 shipped - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do not know, but presume this was a good deal? Being new to HDTV, I am considering adding another TV for my smaller bedroom, where I have a refinished old console stereo with all the old parts taken out, replaced with a McIntosh preamplifier and power amplifier, while I use the old tube tuner, which is very good. I have two pull out selves for two components. It looks like a dresser and has new stereo speakers. The TV would have a nice effect being placed where a mirror would be.

A 47" inch seems a good size, or even a bot smaller. I do not like the little ones, as I think the height should be what you are comfortable with a conventional TV.

Is this a fairly good TV? The size would work well. I liked that it had two component and composite inputs, as I have older AV receivers without HDMI. Do these TVs hold up well? I was thinking about buying an older model, as I have one very good plasma TV now.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
that's a great deal if its new.

The picture is really clear with detail and really pops out ESPECIALLLY hd.The tv won't go very black on dark screens so it looks a little washed out sometimes.Not the greatest for NON hd like most hdtvs.

The colors really pop out on hidef.makes a difference with a hidef cable box vs regular cable box too .
post #3 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityBob View Post

I do not know, but presume this was a good deal? Being new to HDTV, I am considering adding another TV for my smaller bedroom, where I have a refinished old console stereo with all the old parts taken out, replaced with a McIntosh preamplifier and power amplifier, while I use the old tube tuner, which is very good. I have two pull out selves for two components. It looks like a dresser and has new stereo speakers. The TV would have a nice effect being placed where a mirror would be.
A 47" inch seems a good size, or even a bot smaller. I do not like the little ones, as I think the height should be what you are comfortable with a conventional TV.
Is this a fairly good TV? The size would work well. I liked that it had two component and composite inputs, as I have older AV receivers without HDMI. Do these TVs hold up well? I was thinking about buying an older model, as I have one very good plasma TV now.
Any suggestions?

Consider a Samsung with a S-PVA panel (for excellent blacks/contrast ratio and pretty good viewing angles) like the UN46EH6000 (or 5000 or 5300 series if you don't care for 120Hz). It should provide a picture closer to your plasma than the LG with the IPS panel.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic12345 View Post

that's a great deal if its new.
The picture is really clear with detail and really pops out ESPECIALLLY hd.The tv won't go very black on dark screens so it looks a little washed out sometimes.Not the greatest for NON hd like most hdtvs.
The colors really pop out on hidef.makes a difference with a hidef cable box vs regular cable box too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Consider a Samsung with a S-PVA panel (for excellent blacks/contrast ratio and pretty good viewing angles) like the UN46EH6000 (or 5000 or 5300 series if you don't care for 120Hz). It should provide a picture closer to your plasma than the LG with the IPS panel.
might not be the best choices? I also wonder if they have both the component and composite inputs?

At Costco, I saw just one 55" LG plasma where it had two component imputs, where one could be used as a composite for VCRs; the price was good at $800, but I really do not want a bigger and more power consuming HDTV .

So, if I do not prescribe to cable, and mainly play DVDs and VHS these mmposit input. It seems I am a few years late for these older features? One problem I have is four older square TVs and entertainment furniture for one 32" square TV and one with a 24" square flat screen. I have a room without such an entertainment center, this one, is where I would like to HDTV placed on a wall. I have came to consider, buying newer DVD players, but with VHS, at over 1000 movies, I am stuck short of using a DVR? I do not know much about DVRs.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityBob View Post

Is this a fairly good TV?

It is.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version