Looking for a 32 Inch(Mostly for gaming). - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an older Sony Bravia EX400, and I'm looking to replace it. I've looked over the forums for about two days before asking, and I'm still not quite sure which model to purchase. I've been looking at the new Samsung EH models, but the threads about input lag and motion blur, has made me step back for a moment.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit: I would possibly go up to 40-42 inches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcelroy03 View Post

I have an older Sony Bravia EX400, and I'm looking to replace it. I've looked over the forums for about two days before asking, and I'm still not quite sure which model to purchase. I've been looking at the new Samsung EH models, but the threads about input lag and motion blur, has made me step back for a moment.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!
Edit: I would possibly go up to 40-42 inches.

I'm looking at a UN40EH5300 right now myself (waiting for it to be in stock at Walmart in-store) and if you do choose a EH series Samsung, be sure to get a Samsung S-PVA panel.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/330#post_22372150

From what I've read in that thread, you should avoid the Sharp ASV at all costs. The A-MVA should be decent all around and the S-MVA will be great from dead center but bad elsewhere. The S-PVA is best for blacks and viewing angles.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I would try a Panasonic, i just checked and their website says they are still using IPS Alpha panels in the 32 and 37" LCD models. i know that my 37" S1 from 09' has less input lag than any of the TV's your looking at and these newer panasonic's should perform similar if not the same as mine. viewing angles are great on these panels their only down side is the blacks but imho you get used to the blue hued blacks after awhile, i don't even hardly notice it on mine.

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #4 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I'm looking at a UN40EH5300 right now myself (waiting for it to be in stock at Walmart in-store) and if you do choose a EH series Samsung, be sure to get a Samsung S-PVA panel.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/330#post_22372150
From what I've read in that thread, you should avoid the Sharp ASV at all costs. The A-MVA should be decent all around and the S-MVA will be great from dead center but bad elsewhere. The S-PVA is best for blacks and viewing angles.

Would you suggest checking Walmart, and see if they mind if I check the panel types, or take a gamble and order from Newegg?

Thanks for the information by the way.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcelroy03 View Post

Would you suggest checking Walmart, and see if they mind if I check the panel types, or take a gamble and order from Newegg?
Thanks for the information by the way.

Check Walmart in store as I have seen them bring out two UN40EH5300's that were both version HH02 (Sharp ASV panels). The display models were TH01 and TH03, which were both Samsung S-PVA panels (and looked great in terms of color saturation and contrast/blacks).

This may be a bit different for the EH5000 and EH6000 series and with different screen sizes (also I believe 37" and 39" panels are never Samsung S-PVA, as they are made in 32", 40", and up). Basically, if the version is THxx or TSxx, it's a Samsung S-PVA.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page