LCD HDTV for gamer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 09-12-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking at 32 inch LCD's because I want to get one for xbox gaming, but I'm not sure which one to get. Considering input lag, response time, etc. Which one is the best/fastest? I want to be able to play without worrying about lag, blur, or any other problems. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

I've been looking at a bunch of different 32 inch lcd and led tv's but there's no solid info on their input lag or motion blur. I really have no idea what to get. Please help!
post #3 of 14 Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

So nobody on the most popular av forum in the world knows what current 32 inch lcd's are best for gaming? That's incredible.
post #4 of 14 Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
post #5 of 14 Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. After tons of searching and reading I actually came across the LK450 prior to your post and was leaning toward that one, but then I found out about the VA/IPS problem. The only place still has this TV is walmart and I'm sure it's all going to be VA and not IPS. I'll check out these other links.
post #6 of 14 Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

I would really appreciate more suggestions... Come one gamers help me out here!
post #7 of 14 Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
In years past Panasonic has had some of the best 'low lag' LCD displays @ the 32 inch size, not sure of their current line but you may want to look into it.

Jason
post #8 of 14 Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

In years past Panasonic has had some of the best 'low lag' LCD displays @ the 32 inch size, not sure of their current line but you may want to look into it.
Jason
I looked into it but the current models that I found have reviews with people complaining about motion blur some to the point it's unberable.

This is crazy. Surely must be some gamers on this forum using a current LCD/LED model with succesful results. (no motion blur/bad input lag)
post #9 of 14 Old 09-16-2012, 03:51 AM

i agree! im looking for a set specifically for watching sports and gaming!
post #10 of 14 Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown017 View Post

i agree! im looking for a set specifically for watching sports and gaming!
It's useless
post #11 of 14 Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
In the 32 inch size, there aren't alot of choices (search the bestbuy website) and the cost is generally low. most of the mid line sets have a game mode which disables alot of the processing. this isn't a huge decision. I did note from a quick search on bestbuy in the 32'' size that finding 1080p might be difficult, in the 32'' size, they are all lcd 720p. I have a 32'' toshiba that's a couple of years old and gaming on it is fine (not just me, but my 12 year old son uses it all the time as his primary gaming display).
post #12 of 14 Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 187
In terms of overall PQ, the Samsung UN32EH5000 with the S-PVA panel is great. It will have more motion blur/ghosting than a IPS panel Panasonic or LG, but it also has much deeper blacks with great shadow detail and more shades of gradation near black (thanks to the much higher native contrast ratio). Input lag isn't bad on these Samsungs either.
post #13 of 14 Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'd get a Panasonic with an IPS Alpha panel in it. motion blur is not a real issue on my 37" S1 and input lag is as low as you can find on an LCD HDTV its about 6ms slower than my secondary monitor that is a TN LCD PC monitor and only about 16ms slower than a CRT display. S-PVA panels used in samsung TV's have at least 30ms input lag and they also have some blur issues on lower end sets, with that panel type its bassically either high input lag and low blur due to heavy RTC use at the T-CON or comparable input lag to an IPS panel with much more visible blur and smearing. xVA type displays are bad for gaming period and thats why you never see gaming monitors made with them, generally only professional graphics displays are due to their great contrast ratios and good color reproduction, when you staring at pictures on a display you don't need fast response times and/or care about a little bit of input lag smile.gif

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #14 of 14 Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post

I'd get a Panasonic with an IPS Alpha panel in it. motion blur is not a real issue on my 37" S1 and input lag is as low as you can find on an LCD HDTV its about 6ms slower than my secondary monitor that is a TN LCD PC monitor and only about 16ms slower than a CRT display. S-PVA panels used in samsung TV's have at least 30ms input lag and they also have some blur issues on lower end sets, with that panel type its bassically either high input lag and low blur due to heavy RTC use at the T-CON or comparable input lag to an IPS panel with much more visible blur and smearing. xVA type displays are bad for gaming period and thats why you never see gaming monitors made with them, generally only professional graphics displays are due to their great contrast ratios and good color reproduction, when you staring at pictures on a display you don't need fast response times and/or care about a little bit of input lag smile.gif
So what current models from panasonic (or other brands) have IPS panels? And is it a "lottery"?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page