what are the proper ways or / things to clean LED screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 42
hello, my 3 year old son always left his thumb marks on my LED screen, and it is very hard to removed. any idea what kind of clothing i need to use? ty

Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 755
Kids can be destructive as can be the oils in your fingers. Usually a microfiber cloth is best and preferably without cleaners, just try moistening the cloth with water if necessary (I've seen recommendations for a light vinegar based solution) and don't rub hard, but depends somewhat if you have a glass outer or some sort of coating on the screen to contend with. What TV?

post #3 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Grab an old t-shirt, or if you have some cloth diapers around, grab a clean one that has not be washed with fabric softener or dried with a fabric softener sheet. Then use distilled water with just a small drop of dish soap in it. If you go to monoprice.com, you can get the large bottles of LCD/Plasma screen cleaner cheap.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

hello, my 3 year old son always left his thumb marks on my LED screen, and it is very hard to removed. any idea what kind of clothing i need to use? ty

This question comes up every couple of months and you will get all sorts of replies. The safest way is to use a good quality, clean, microfiber cloth dampened with distilled water (warmed if necessary). For stubborn "peanut butter" smudges biggrin.gif some folks have had very good luck with a good eyeglass lens cleaner, again with a good quality microfiber cloth. Just press ever so gently and rub until gone. There are all kinds of commercial panel cleaners available but a lot of them have chemicals that can, and will, leave streaks at times. Water and a microfiber cloth is usually your best, and cheapest way to clean panels, especially if your panel has some sort of anti-reflective coating on it which can react with any number of compounds.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page