Sony XBRxxHX950 Survey - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do you plan to purchase this TV? If so: why, which size and when?
I will go first. Yes, I do: to replace a Sony 52s5100 for better PQ and 3d, 55'', mid-october.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Liked: 10
I plan to get it in a 65 inch size, after the reviews come out. I dont like returning stuff. As long as the contrast ratio is close to the Panny Vt50 and blooming is decreased I'm in.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Liked: 10
Does it have illuminated logo??

SONY TABLET S - SONY DSC-WX7 - SONY HOME THEATER - SONY MDR XB - 500 - SONY NWZ-A844/T - SONY HX 850 -SONY PlayStation®3 160GB Console( UPCOMING )
post #4 of 4 Old 09-15-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Yes, I plan to get a 55" HX950 very soon. Why? Because my XBR8 recently developed a fatal flaw. The 55" is a good size for my sitting distance and saves me $2k over the 65". I tried a Panny VT50, and there is a long list of reasons why I returned it. I'm currently "limping" around with my old XBR4 until these HX950s start rolling.

If it is like the XBR8, it will have an illuminated logo with a settings option to disable it.

Things I disliked about the Panny VT50 and why I'm going to stick with Sony one more time: plasma dithering / pixel noise, burn-in / image retention, fan noise, flicker, horizontal bleeding of the brightness, inconsistent brightness, red/green shadows in certain movement, blacks that are only dark gray, not quite white whites.

Things I liked about my XBR8 that I assume the HX950 will match and/or improve upon: pitch black blacks especially on fade-to-black scenes, very crisp and accurate picture (after you disable all the sharpening and other video tweaks), no flicker, pure whites, great brightness and contrast, no ir or burn-in, quiet.

The 3D feature may be interesting. I don't care about all the internet connectivity stuff integrated into the TV because I have my HTPC connected to it.

Bazinga!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page