Can't watch Blu-ray movie - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I load up Die Hard and install Cyberlink PowerDVD and it says "This content is only allowed on a digital output. Ensure your display device uses a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort Connector." I'm using a Samsung LED. But I am using an adapter that fastens on the end of my video cord and plugs into my video card on the back of my computer. If I remember correctly, I have to use it cuz without it the pins won't fit in the holes. My video card is an NVidia GEForce 8800 GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Then I run a Blu-ray Advisor tool and my entire system passed except for the connection type. It said I'm using analog. I guess I gotta use a digital connection?
post #3 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You should have dvi outputs on your 8800gt. Dvi is essentially hdmi minus the audio. You should be able to use a dvi to hdmi cable so you can be able to watch your movies. you sill have to use the opticalout if your motherboard onboard audio or soundcard supports it.

Also...do not use the blue adapter that came with your video card...that is the standard VGA connection and that is used for older analog...Use the white dual dvi outs on back of the card...If you do not have a DVI to HDMI cable you will have to buy one like one of these below

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=dvi%20to%20hdmi&Submit=ENE
post #4 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

I ordered a proper cable as you suggested. Thanks for the help.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

What software are you guys using to watch you Blu-rays on your computer? I tried ArcSoft and that didn't work for me.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357mag View Post

What software are you guys using to watch you Blu-rays on your computer? I tried ArcSoft and that didn't work for me.

As long as you have a blu ray player drive, there are a lot of free alternatives besides paying for software like cyberlink and windvd, albeit, these are 2 of the best player software imo.

That being said...This imo is by far the best software to use for playing any video files....It's a small download, doesn't hog up system resources, plays every media format I have ever found, and best of all...it's free...

http://www.videolan.org/
post #7 of 8 Old 09-19-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Okay so I put in Body Heat in my Blu-ray Burner and VLC says "This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding, and your system does not have it."

How can I fix this little issue?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well I did a little research. Seems this is a common problem. I tried adding the configuration file and the .dll file but it still did not work. Looks like Blu-rays simply are not intended to be played on a computer. Although that PowerDVD program probably would work but I gotta update my cord.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page