Does it exist? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've finally convinced my girlfriend to replace the old 25" CRT in our bedroom but she has a couple of requirements that I can't find very easily. One of her biggest things is she wants a built-in DVD player since the CRT has a VHS player and yes she does watch tapes on occasion. I'm hoping for something in the 37" or 39" range but seems like most combo's are 32". Personally I think if DVD is good Blu-Ray would be better but having trouble finding anything like that. Most of the time the tv is used at night so brightness is not a huge concern. It has been about 4 years since I shopped for a HDTV and things sure have changed since I bought my 60" Samsung LED-DLP which I still really like.

So my overall ideal specs are these:
37-39" (or largest with DVD/Blu-Ray player)
1080p
WiFi
DVD or Blu-Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastal View Post

I've finally convinced my girlfriend to replace the old 25" CRT in our bedroom but she has a couple of requirements that I can't find very easily. One of her biggest things is she wants a built-in DVD player since the CRT has a VHS player and yes she does watch tapes on occasion. I'm hoping for something in the 37" or 39" range but seems like most combo's are 32". Personally I think if DVD is good Blu-Ray would be better but having trouble finding anything like that. Most of the time the tv is used at night so brightness is not a huge concern. It has been about 4 years since I shopped for a HDTV and things sure have changed since I bought my 60" Samsung LED-DLP which I still really like.
So my overall ideal specs are these:
37-39" (or largest with DVD/Blu-Ray player)
1080p
WiFi
DVD or Blu-Ray

Why is she against a stand alone player? Like you said, most are 32" or smaller and often times of lesser quality as well and getting harder to find. A nice 40" along with a stand alone DVD or Blu Ray player would make a great bedroom setup.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Combo unit=crap entry level tv with $19 dvd player built in in today's market. DVD part usually fails just outside warranty and can't be repaired so you end up with a crap tv and separate player anyway.

Steve S.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page