Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0) - Page 152 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4531 of 4538 Old 08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MUGEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Leo Bodnar input lag tester XBR-55HX950 Results. Same as the XBR-46HX929.

Game/Graphics mode
LED Dynamic Control
Off 43.5 ms
Low 44.0 ms
Standard 44.6 ms
MUGEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4532 of 4538 Old 08-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Member
 
superfreckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dead pixel lines appeared on my HX950 last month. Bought less than two years ago, first TV to not last me until I got bored of it, and also the first TV I spent more than a grand on. I contacted the store to see what they could do before contacting Sony.

I'm livid.
dcrewser likes this.
superfreckles is offline  
post #4533 of 4538 Old 08-07-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MUGEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfreckles View Post
Dead pixel lines appeared on my HX950 last month. Bought less than two years ago, first TV to not last me until I got bored of it, and also the first TV I spent more than a grand on. I contacted the store to see what they could do before contacting Sony.

I'm livid.
This TV has a 18 month warranty.

If out of warranty sony will only offer you 2 options:
1. give you information on local authorized sony repair centers that would to replace the panel, which might not be available from sony anymore and would cost about $1,000+ just for the panel itself.
2. 15% discount on any TV they have in-stock.

Last edited by MUGEN; 08-07-2014 at 08:48 PM.
MUGEN is offline  
post #4534 of 4538 Old 08-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Member
 
superfreckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post
This TV has a 18 month warranty.

If out of warranty sony will only offer you 2 options:
1. give you information on local authorized sony repair centers that would to replace the panel, which might not be available from sony anymore and would cost about $1,000+ just for the panel itself.
2. 15% discount on any TV they have in-stock.
It's 20 months out, I really don't want to buy a new TV. I should clarify the pixels aren't dead, they're discolored, permanent lines. They do not show up across black, but they are very distracting. It being out of warranty is the reason I emailed the store, first. They have out of warranty repair services and the like and in the past I've known them to flat out tell you when a repair isn't worth it rather than using you for $$$.

I'm not someone who buys TVs very often. If I have to replace more than once every five years, it's a problem.
superfreckles is offline  
post #4535 of 4538 Old 08-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Kisakuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfreckles View Post
It's 20 months out, I really don't want to buy a new TV. I should clarify the pixels aren't dead, they're discolored, permanent lines. They do not show up across black, but they are very distracting. It being out of warranty is the reason I emailed the store, first. They have out of warranty repair services and the like and in the past I've known them to flat out tell you when a repair isn't worth it rather than using you for $$$.

I'm not someone who buys TVs very often. If I have to replace more than once every five years, it's a problem.
Check if your credit card gave you another 12 months of warranty coverage.
Kisakuku is offline  
post #4536 of 4538 Old 08-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfreckles View Post
It's 20 months out, I really don't want to buy a new TV. I should clarify the pixels aren't dead, they're discolored, permanent lines. They do not show up across black, but they are very distracting. It being out of warranty is the reason I emailed the store, first. They have out of warranty repair services and the like and in the past I've known them to flat out tell you when a repair isn't worth it rather than using you for $$$.

I'm not someone who buys TVs very often. If I have to replace more than once every five years, it's a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
Check if your credit card gave you another 12 months of warranty coverage.
That's a good point. But first I would try Sony's warranty service. This was their flagship TV at the time, and they have shown some flexibility in the past if the set is only out of warranty by a few weeks or months. It's certainly worth a shot, and the worst that can happen is that they say no dice. And that still leaves you with options: Elevate your request to a higher-level Sony rep, use your CC's extended warranty service, or avail yourself of whatever assistance the retail store is willing to provide.
chi_guy50 is offline  
post #4537 of 4538 Old 08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Member
 
spawnofwar1600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So i just got an hx950, looks great so far.
Does anybody have settings for this set, i mostly watch blu rays and hd rips in a dim room.
Does cinema mode only change video processing or does it effect custom picture settings?
Thanks
spawnofwar1600 is online now  
post #4538 of 4538 Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Member
 
spawnofwar1600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi folks
Was tweaking the set earlier, does any one know what smooth gradiation actually do?
When I turn to low from off,bluray picture gets more depth but mediocore quality stuff like netflix looks a little hazzy especially around the outlines of objects ,actors etc...
Overall when on low this setting seems to make bluray movies more immersive without any artificial motion.
Would be great to hear about your experiences.
Thanks!
spawnofwar1600 is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65hx950 65 Inch Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off