Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0) - Page 153 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4561 of 4562 Old Today, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
Thanks for your input as i'm confused as per the reviews and the online specs that are the closest to my hx950?
I've pretty much narrowed it down to these 3 sets

XbrX850b
W950b not recommended as per panel comparison that doesn't come close to performance of blacks like my TV now
XbrX900b

If I paid 3000+ for my set less than 2 years ago and i've sent the invoice, would they try to give me a comparatively priced set? I really dont want to settle as i'm really spoiled with the one I have.

This may be a turning point with sony and me if I don't get a comparable set as they will lose me as a customer for sure.
The key question, in terms of fairness, is what constitutes a comparable set. And that depends on your criteria. Is it MSRP? Feature set? Objectively measurable PQ?

Assuming there is no available inventory of 55HX950's, any replacement is going to differ in some way from the original set. The biggest problem for you, as I see it, is that Sony has pushed their full-array local dimming technology (currently dubbed X-tended Dynamic Range PRO) up to their X950b series, which is only available in 85" or 65" panels starting at $7K MSRP.

I think you have to decide what is most important to you and negotiate from that standpoint. I would suggest that you emphasize that you don't care about 4K (even if this is not entirely true, your current set is not 4K so it's not a feature you could fairly insist on) but rather want a set with comparable PQ. Since you will presumably be forced to forgo FALD, you could push for a bigger screen size or justify a replacement set with a higher MSRP. (IIRC, the 55HX950's MSRP was originally $3500 before being reduced to $3000.)

Whatever you do, be polite and patient--but firm. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 4562 Old Today, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacGuy83 View Post
Excellent points. Given your defective XBR is less than 2 years old and its originally price you paid is close to the price of the current 900B, I'd push them hard for this set as your replacement. I'd want XBR for XBR, especially with the current online sales price for the 900B being less than what you paid for your set 2 years ago.

Best luck. Post how it comes out.
Exactly ..an XBR for and XBR. My 3000k price tag and less than two years is crazy. I'm still waiting after 3 days after I sent all the required documents .I just want what is fair and not what is assumed to be fair and settling.
It seems that only the X900B reaches the level of quality of my HX950 , and i bought it for the PQ .
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65hx950 65 Inch Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 65hx950 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page