Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0) - Page 156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4651 of 4651 Old 11-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Red face

I finally made it in to Best Buy over the weekend.... The Mgr and Assistant Sales Mgr... were both very professional and consumer friendly... (The Mgr was quite aware of an ongoing issue with my 929 which was replaced by the 950 model back in 2012 )...even though my service contract covered up to $2400... They went ahead and gave me $2,699 credit, the amount of my original 12/11 purchase!!.. I looked at the LG EF 9500 and several others on the wall... detail and depth of black was outstanding with the OLED...I then went with the Mrs. into the Magnolia showroom and we reviewed the Sony XBR 900C 65" version.. It looked great! great color much flashier in my estimation than what the LG can reproduce. Side by side it probably won't have the same knockout effect as the LG with the black level but overall it was a superb looking panel. The Big drawback of course is with the light bleed at the edge of the panels on this model. The Sales Mgr said they were aware of that and said that they that had stop selling those until Sony had resolved the issue. Anyways since they are benig quite liberal and said try out a set and see if you like it if not we will try another set or model!... So I was able to get the 65 inch XBR 900C on sale for $2,799... and Geek Squad will come out and uninstall my 950 and install this model.... Good or bad omen? delivery is set for 11/13 ...Friday the 13th!! Stay tuned!!!
Sponsored Links
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Sony Xbr 65hx950 65 Inch Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 65hx950 by

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page