Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0) - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1891 of 4592 Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
a1sy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

OFF. I like consistency, day or night. I use backlight level 5 at all times and this pretty perfect for all my viewing conditions, even at night in the dark.

Flavius, I do use your settings from calibration thread (backlight level 5).
I found it most useful one,besides sharpness, still trying to figure this one , between 50 to max.
I think regarding Light sensor, it may be user preferences - we do like to watch our evenings movies in a dark room.
In dark room it seems excessive bright with sensor off, but during the day,when kids watching seems very good with both ON or OFF.
I will play with that for another week-two to make final decision.
Thank you
a1sy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1892 of 4592 Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Newbie
 
Vette1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic P65VT50 that I am returning because I absolutely hate it! I have a Sony XBR65HX950 coming as its replacement. All the posts here have me absolutely petrified! Should I keep my Sony on order or cancel it???

Dwayne
Vette1992 is offline  
post #1893 of 4592 Old 12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Member
 
edLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received my replacement from amazon. The new one has no dead pixels and no visible banding. I need more time to do some testing, great experience with amazon.
edLang is offline  
post #1894 of 4592 Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
rgb32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm curious to know if any XBR8 owners have purchased the HX950 and can share any pros/cons between the sets? It doesn't seem like there has been much of an improvement in terms of dimming zones, but they definitely use different panels. Has anyone determined what type of panel Sony is sourcing for the 55" and 65" panels (PVA/MVA/ect)? I'm also curious about 4:4:4 support? The XBR8 only seems to have this in Game/Text mode. Does the optical audio output support higher than 24/48 PCM output? Is the analog PC input as good as the XBR8? Thanks!
rgb32 is offline  
post #1895 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
BarrettF77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by edLang View Post

I just received my replacement from amazon. The new one has no dead pixels and no visible banding. I need more time to do some testing, great experience with amazon.

I had gone through 9 sets between the two I bought on release. Initial runs must have been a steep learning curve. I waited a month for the one I got today and it is so much better. Extremely faint banding like my bedroom one and no dead or stuck pixels in my initial check. I also tried the Xbox racing game forza 4 on it. I was getting vertigo playing on the ops one with the banding. Not the case on either of my panels now. So I either got lucky again or the quality is catching up as they have saturated the market with enough panels.

I will NOT be upgrading for a long time. Grateful it's over and I will never contact Sony customer service again. But I will use Amazon. I love that company! As many other posters have commented. Service goes a long way. V
BarrettF77 is offline  
post #1896 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette1992 View Post

I have a Panasonic P65VT50 that I am returning because I absolutely hate it! I have a Sony XBR65HX950 coming as its replacement. All the posts here have me absolutely petrified! Should I keep my Sony on order or cancel it???
Dwayne

Well, why cancel? I am loving my 65HX950 first run unit from Sony Store, and no dead pixels, just the very light band on bright solid colors. Wouldn't trade it for anything in its price range or lower.
Flavius is offline  
post #1897 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post

I had gone through 9 sets between the two I bought on release. Initial runs must have been a steep learning curve. I waited a month for the one I got today and it is so much better. Extremely faint banding like my bedroom one and no dead or stuck pixels in my initial check. I also tried the Xbox racing game forza 4 on it. I was getting vertigo playing on the ops one with the banding. Not the case on either of my panels now. So I either got lucky again or the quality is catching up as they have saturated the market with enough panels.
I will NOT be upgrading for a long time. Grateful it's over and I will never contact Sony customer service again. But I will use Amazon. I love that company! As many other posters have commented. Service goes a long way. V

Wait, are you saying that one or both of your new 65" sets now DO NOT have the faint band in the center of the screen on bright white or solid bright colors that I first showed months ago?
Flavius is offline  
post #1898 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Member
 
hellotv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
something strange is going on with my eyes so i'm going to keep playing with the settings but i just cant get the picture to have the same wow effect that the 929 had. dont get wrong the p/q on the 950 is still stunning but it just cant beat the 929 imo...

i'm going to keep this tv because this is my forth set from bb but i def see what the guy was talking about ten or so pages back. I'm new to all this tech talk but let my gf watch the same movies again that we watched on our direct tv dvr that we watched on the 929/850/950. now i wanted to see if it was just me being crazy so i didnt tell her anything about a post i saw with a guy saying he had both sets, but took the 950 back for his old 929. i lied and told her that everyone said the 950 is better. also while were watching i didnt tell her that i thought the 929 has a more stunning picture. i just sat and waited for her reply. she said what i was thinking that the 950 wins over the 850 but the 929 still is better than both..

like i said before i'm new to this all tech talk but it looks like sony did something to help with the off angle and blooming problem that everyone talked about on the 929. also the stand doesnt mess up like the one on the 929. however whatever they did to improve the blooming and off axis viewing has had one negative effect on the p/q on the 950. like i said before still a stunning picture and i'm keeping this set but if you can get a 929 and can sit dead center of the room and watch movies, get the 929 because it has a more stunning picture..
hellotv is offline  
post #1899 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
BarrettF77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Wait, are you saying that one or both of your new 65" sets now DO NOT have the faint band in the center of the screen on bright white or solid bright colors that I first showed months ago?

They both have it slightly visible on the input searching screen that is blue. And on bright content it is now barely perceptible. The initial runs seemed to be anywhere from a little worse than what I have now to noticeably bad.

The pictures I saw you post didn't look poor. But if you can see it on panning shots somewhat easily, I'd switch that sucker out. Compare it with the new one before unhooking your old one just to make sure. It sucks to have to do this and I kept telling myself to just love with it if today's set was bad. I almost didn't have them bring it because I was so tired of this exercise. In 20/20 hindsight, I think I made the right decision. And if Sony is reading this tongue.gif

They wouldn't switch it out because they didn't want any more coming back. Not that I blame them, but it's my money and their choice to allow lower quality out the door.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this is a trend or if I just got lucky twice. Hopefully for you guys it's a trend as this stuff stresses me out!
BarrettF77 is offline  
post #1900 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
tme110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette1992 View Post

I have a Panasonic P65VT50 that I am returning because I absolutely hate it! I have a Sony XBR65HX950 coming as its replacement. All the posts here have me absolutely petrified! Should I keep my Sony on order or cancel it???
Dwayne

I was nervous about ordering too but my TV seems to be perfect (no dead pixels or anything obvious anyway) and the PQ is amazing. Granted the CEC is annoying me but I don't know what component is causing the minor irritation I see.
tme110 is offline  
post #1901 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
tme110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sy View Post

Flavius, I do use your settings from calibration thread (backlight level 5).
I found it most useful one,besides sharpness, still trying to figure this one , between 50 to max.
I think regarding Light sensor, it may be user preferences - we do like to watch our evenings movies in a dark room.
In dark room it seems excessive bright with sensor off, but during the day,when kids watching seems very good with both ON or OFF.
I will play with that for another week-two to make final decision.
Thank you

These setting have been mentioned a couple of times now, can someone provide a link to them?
tme110 is offline  
post #1902 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
IMRIZZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Federal Witness Relocation Program
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 102

*Sony XBR 929 & Sony XBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 FS speakers w/S10 Sub-Oppo 93-Darbee DVP5000-Harmony 1100
IMRIZZO is offline  
post #1903 of 4592 Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Member
 
Hdfanboy444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotv View Post

something strange is going on with my eyes so i'm going to keep playing with the settings but i just cant get the picture to have the same wow effect that the 929 had. dont get wrong the p/q on the 950 is still stunning but it just cant beat the 929 imo...
i'm going to keep this tv because this is my forth set from bb but i def see what the guy was talking about ten or so pages back. I'm new to all this tech talk but let my gf watch the same movies again that we watched on our direct tv dvr that we watched on the 929/850/950. now i wanted to see if it was just me being crazy so i didnt tell her anything about a post i saw with a guy saying he had both sets, but took the 950 back for his old 929. i lied and told her that everyone said the 950 is better. also while were watching i didnt tell her that i thought the 929 has a more stunning picture. i just sat and waited for her reply. she said what i was thinking that the 950 wins over the 850 but the 929 still is better than both..
like i said before i'm new to this all tech talk but it looks like sony did something to help with the off angle and blooming problem that everyone talked about on the 929. also the stand doesnt mess up like the one on the 929. however whatever they did to improve the blooming and off axis viewing has had one negative effect on the p/q on the 950. like i said before still a stunning picture and i'm keeping this set but if you can get a 929 and can sit dead center of the room and watch movies, get the 929 because it has a more stunning picture..

Which sizes are you comparing?

I think the 65hx929 and 65hx950 are using the same SMVA panel do pq should be equal in both.

With the 55" models the 55hx950 is using a newer SPVA panel compared to the 55hx929 so that's the only size this would make sense to me for a difference in pq.
Hdfanboy444 is offline  
post #1904 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Member
 
hellotv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
its the 55 inch..still a very stunning picture on the 950 but i'm not sure why it doesnt look the same as the 929(diff panels?)....i had to get my girlfriend to watch and i even lied to her and said everyone said the 950 was better. which the only guy to own both sets in this thread said wasnt true and took his 950 back..i'm not taking the 950 back but this makes no sense..maybe i'm just crazy but two people now thats had both sets have said the same thing..blooming is much better, off axis too, picture is wonderful but the 929 just had a little bit more of a wow factor to it..
hellotv is offline  
post #1905 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Member
 
vtalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had both the 929 and the 950. The 929 had some issues that most people wouldn't see, problems that I haven't read on the forums. I had to get a second 950 to get a good one. The only thing I saw that looked better between the two was the blooming, it seem to be less for the 929.

Added:

This for the 55 inch.

I used Imrizzo settings for all three TVs.

Vince
vtalon is offline  
post #1906 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Member
 
Gage33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am interested in getting the XBR-55HX9​50 but the dead pixels are scaring me. I am sensitive to things like that. I really do not feel like having to return sets until I get a good one.
Gage33 is offline  
post #1907 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
 
BarrettF77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage33 View Post

I am interested in getting the XBR-55HX9​50 but the dead pixels are scaring me. I am sensitive to things like that. I really do not feel like having to return sets until I get a good one.

You're going to have that fear on any LCD or Plasma panel you buy. It's a hassle, but what I recommend is after the first one is delivered, hook it up somewhere you can just test it without taking the old set it will be replacing down. Then you can just shuffle through them more easily should the need arrive. Or, put the new one in and if it has issues, check each replacement before unhooking the old one. It's what I have done and the first panels I got from Sony were bad. The more recent the panels that I've taken the fewer issues I've seen. The last 3 sets I got didn't have any dead or stuck pixels. One had a fairly noticeable band in the middle, the others were slight and typical of a LCD panel.

Your MMV, but if you want a new TV, you have to roll the dice. Nature of TVs today
BarrettF77 is offline  
post #1908 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
IMRIZZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Federal Witness Relocation Program
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage33 View Post

I am interested in getting the XBR-55HX9​50 but the dead pixels are scaring me. I am sensitive to things like that. I really do not feel like having to return sets until I get a good one.

It's all part of the game, you either select to play or to pass. There are no guarantee's.

*Sony XBR 929 & Sony XBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 FS speakers w/S10 Sub-Oppo 93-Darbee DVP5000-Harmony 1100
IMRIZZO is offline  
post #1909 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Hdfanboy444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtalon View Post

I have had both the 929 and the 950. The 929 had some issues that most people wouldn't see, problems that I haven't read on the forums. I had to get a second 950 to get a good one. The only thing I saw that looked better between the two was the blooming, it seem to be less for the 929.
Vince

Which sizes are you comparing?

It's important for you guys to mention the size because the 65 uses a different panel than the 55.
Hdfanboy444 is offline  
post #1910 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Member
 
Hdfanboy444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotv View Post

its the 55 inch..still a very stunning picture on the 950 but i'm not sure why it doesnt look the same as the 929(diff panels?)....i had to get my girlfriend to watch and i even lied to her and said everyone said the 950 was better. which the only guy to own both sets in this thread said wasnt true and took his 950 back..i'm not taking the 950 back but this makes no sense..maybe i'm just crazy but two people now thats had both sets have said the same thing..blooming is much better, off axis too, picture is wonderful but the 929 just had a little bit more of a wow factor to it..

Funny how you say the 950 is better for blooming but the guy right after you said just the opposite. Maybe it's a difference just in the processing or in how the led backlight is positioned behind the panel...
Hdfanboy444 is offline  
post #1911 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Member
 
Gage33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If I do decide to get one of these, what is the steps I should take to ensure I got a good one? I know I want to run RGB slides to look for bad pixels, what is the easiest way to do this and what slides do I use? How do I properly check for banding? What is acceptable for banding? I have never seen banding, I am coming from a Sony HD CRT TV.

Also, If I get it ISF calibrated do I need to wait a certain number of hours before getting it calibrated? I assume it is best to wait a certain period in case the things dies.
Gage33 is offline  
post #1912 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
BarrettF77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage33 View Post

If I do decide to get one of these, what is the steps I should take to ensure I got a good one? I know I want to run RGB slides to look for bad pixels, what is the easiest way to do this and what slides do I use? How do I properly check for banding? What is acceptable for banding? I have never seen banding, I am coming from a Sony HD CRT TV.
Also, If I get it ISF calibrated do I need to wait a certain number of hours before getting it calibrated? I assume it is best to wait a certain period in case the things dies.

I have a Mac mini I hook in to Hdmi to check the pixels. But you can use the Disney WoW disc too. Amazon and or Best buy have some of the easiest exchange policies. Banding is visible for me on bright panning shots watching TV or the input select screen when no input is detected.

Calibration after 100 hours as the panel settles a little. But the colors on the set out of the box are very accurate and you could likely save yourself some money by minor tweaks on your own.
BarrettF77 is offline  
post #1913 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
cosmos5861's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post

I have a Mac mini I hook in to Hdmi to check the pixels. But you can use the Disney WoW disc too. Amazon and or Best buy have some of the easiest exchange policies. Banding is visible for me on bright panning shots watching TV or the input select screen when no input is detected.
Calibration after 100 hours as the panel settles a little. But the colors on the set out of the box are very accurate and you could likely save yourself some money by minor tweaks on your own.

How are you checking pixel with a Mac?
cosmos5861 is offline  
post #1914 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Member
 
hellotv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdfanboy444 View Post

Funny how you say the 950 is better for blooming but the guy right after you said just the opposite. Maybe it's a difference just in the processing or in how the led backlight is positioned behind the panel...
not sure what he had for settings but a bunch of guys in the 929 thread had a issue with the blooming or whatev the correct word for it ..no one in this thread said its a issue on the 950 and after having both sets it looks like the 55 950 isnt as bad..however i see a little less pop and contrast (for lack of better vocab) than what the 929 had..did the 929 55 also use a samsung panel like 950??
hellotv is offline  
post #1915 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
BarrettF77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos5861 View Post

How are you checking pixel with a Mac?

Safari. Go to this link.

http://imac.squeaked.com/test.php

Run. The test and it automatically goes to full screen. First thing I do on any new computer I buy. Works the same on the TV.
BarrettF77 is offline  
post #1916 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
cosmos5861's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post

Safari. Go to this link.
http://imac.squeaked.com/test.php
Run. The test and it automatically goes to full screen. First thing I do on any new computer I buy. Works the same on the TV.

Thank you! Do you use any other 3rd party software for display settings like DisplayConfigX?
cosmos5861 is offline  
post #1917 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Member
 
edLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I set my first TV (65hx950) to “Audio system” I was able to get Dolby output from the optical output port (otherwise I got PCM audio). However with my replacement TV I only get PCM output over the optical link regardless how I set the speaker option in the sound menu. I tried all the HDMI inputs but I still cannot get surround output. My Blu-ray is set to output 5.1, same setting as the first TV.
Any idea what I do wrong ?
edLang is offline  
post #1918 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
BarrettF77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos5861 View Post

Thank you! Do you use any other 3rd party software for display settings like DisplayConfigX?

Get the TV first. If you truly think the color needs adjusting, then do it. But I haven't had to touch either of mine. It's actually very close to reference IMHO.
BarrettF77 is offline  
post #1919 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
mikek753's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by edLang View Post

When I set my first TV (65hx950) to “Audio system” I was able to get Dolby output from the optical output port (otherwise I got PCM audio). However with my replacement TV I only get PCM output over the optical link regardless how I set the speaker option in the sound menu. I tried all the HDMI inputs but I still cannot get surround output. My Blu-ray is set to output 5.1, same setting as the first TV.
Any idea what I do wrong ?

do you connect BRay to TV via HDMI?
Do you expect TV speakers to deliver 5.1 or DD or DTS? TV will not do it. What surround do you expect from TV? It will output true stereo at best, while the rest gimmicks - IMHO.
Do you use AVR in between BRay and TV? This is correct setup that AVR splits video for TV from multiple inputs (BRay, Cable, Dish, etc).
Try to see if BRay output PCM matches TV input or can handle it to extract and re mix 5.1 or even 7.1.

In short try to match output with input, by try one combination at a time.
mikek753 is offline  
post #1920 of 4592 Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
IMRIZZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Federal Witness Relocation Program
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Sony 929 took firmware today, any 950 owners been advised.

*Sony XBR 929 & Sony XBR8-Denon 3311CI-Mirage V2 FS speakers w/S10 Sub-Oppo 93-Darbee DVP5000-Harmony 1100
IMRIZZO is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65hx950 65 Inch Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off