Older Sharp Aquos (LC-42D62U) composite video inputs not working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-21-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the latest of problems I've had with this 5 yr old panel. I will describe the others below in case there may be some correlation. Basically, the TV will not display video from any of the available composite video input. I've been through all the settings a few times and verified that the source cable box is working (recently forced to downgrade to SDTV)

There are five main inputs, each with different sets of input connections such as HDMI, Component, etc. Three of the five provide for the composite connection. The TV detects that something is connected as it does not display the message when there is no connection. . Input 3 contains connections for both composite and component and may provide a clue. There is a setting to force it to select one or the other, or let it auto select, but when auto selecting the onscreen input display indicates "Component" and not "Video" - it just calls the yellow composite input simply "Video".

Is this really worth digging any further into and maybe getting fixed? IS there perhaps a setting or combination of settings that I may have missed? The answer I know would depend on what it would take to fix it and the cost, and whether the general consensus in the community would be that this year/model Aquos isa good display compared to current models of any brand.

These other two problems the TV has have been documented and from what I've read are not uncommon with this model. They all may be related, I don't know.

1. When powering on the TV, I get the two flashing lights on the front. I have to manually hold down the inner parts of the toggle buttons and press power on the top of the TV to get it to come on.

3. There is no sound from the internal audio system. Occasionally, it produces loud and steady white noise, which I can silence by power cycling, though sometimes it takes a few times. I've read that this is a faulty sound card.

Thanks for readying! Any input is appreciated. I f there's any way to keep this thing alive without spending more than I have, I'd like to. It just seems that spending $2k should have bought me a little more longevity!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays