Issue with LCD TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung 40" A630 LCD TV that is about 4 years old now and its starting to have image problems now.

These horizontal lines started showing up across the entire screen.

Does any know what part could be causing this issue? I was thinking of buying some parts of ebay to fix the TV. The A630 is one of the TV's that have bad capacitors from Samsung (recall), but I don't think the issue I'm having is similar to what others with bad capacitors have reported.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Liked: 14
The symptom in the picture is unlikely due to a board failure.

Some LCD panel failures are mistaken for TCON issues. Most panel failures are isolated to a particular area of the screen. Since the TCON disperses the pixel data to groups of line and column drive IC’s situated on the outer edges of the panel, it is unlikely that more than one of these IC’s would fail at the same time. A few rows of stuck on or off pixels are more likely to be the fault of the TCON output getting to the panel pixels (more like cable connection between TCON or panel).

Before you buy any boards I suggest the following approach.

Apply squeezing pressure around the bezel. If this corrects the problem, the issue is bonding of the cable to the panel. This is a fairly common problem and there are some very good write ups within this forum on how to fix. Hint: install rubber bumpers to apply additional pressure, between the cable and panel surface, to restore good electrical contact.

The next thing to check is the ribbon cable connections at the connectors on the TCON board.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-30-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page