overscanning problem, ie, image too big to display on tv/monitor using HDMI cable, looking for suggestions/help for new TV/monitor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have a need for a monitor/TV that will accept HDMI input, VGA input, and maybe more than one of each, but the display the picture hdmi needs to be uncropped.

Here is the problem. I have an HD Security DVR. The outputs are vga and hdmi.

Whenever I use the HDMI putput from the DVR it outputs a picture that is cropped on the monitor or TV I'm watching it on.

If I instead use the VGA output and put it into the VGA input of the monitor TV, the picture fits the screen perfectly.

I have looked for a setting on the TV (Mitsubishi WD 92840 and Hitachi L40A105) but cannot find anything that will allow me to adjust the picture to fit the screen when using the HDMI input..

So right now one is on the VGA output and one is on the HDMI output, but whichever one is on the HDMI output is cropped.

And in this case, it's the Mitsubushi because it does not have VGA input.

I'm adding another monitor to this system. Another 40-47" monitor and it needs to either have VGA input, or HDMI that allows me to adjust the picture so it's not cropped. (I'll use a vga splitter to run to the different monitors).

Can anyone tell me what to look for or a suggestion. The only limits I have is it's height has to be 24" or less and it should be energy efficient because it's on all the time and I can't have any screen burn in problems .

Also this monitor/TV will be used as a monitor for a computer. So it should have muliple VGA inputs or at least one vga and one hdmi, but the HDMI has to be adjustable to fit the picture.

Thank you!

PS. The output on the VGA of the DVR is 1920x 1080
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bumping.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List