Mitsubishi LT-52244 Blinking Blue Light Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My out of warranty Mitsubishi LT-54422 is having a starting/turn on problem. When it doesn't start, the blue power light blinks.
Sometimes it starts right up fine. Other times I have to unplug and let it set 5min to several hours. Sometimes after unplugging, the blue light will blink for a long time and stop blinking, then it will start up with the power button. It has turned off when it was on a couple times
It was in storage for 2 years and has moved cross country in a Uhaul a couple times.

I also have noticed horizontal lines on both edges about a 1/2" from the edge of the screen of the screen that go away after a while. Not sure if its related.

I have tried with no luck:
reset button
unplugging all inputs
plugging it into wall, (its plugged into a Monster Power surge protector)

Closest TV repair is 100 miles away and only open M-F 9-5. I work during those hours so it would be about the cost of a new tv to make two 200 mi trips, take two days off work and gas (13 mpg).
Would like to try and fix it my self if I can figure out how to diagnose the problem.

Found some known problems:
power supply
DM board
capacitors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Still having problems with blinking blue light.

For a while I had to push the rest button to get the TV to start. Then it went couple months with no problem. Then it was back to blinking and re-setting to get it to work.
Now it only blinks and wont start at all.

Took the cover off and checked the capacitors visually and they look ok.

Called tv repair place and they think is the DM board as a search of one of those ASK online tv repair websites. The website said bad caps were not a common problem for this set but the DM board is.

If I replace the DM board, is that all is needed for a repair? That is, do I have to download any firmware or software?
post #3 of 3 Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Replaced the DM board from Best Buy and its fixed.
You need to set the tv to Fast Power On or you will get the same blinking light at startup but if you wait the tv will start up.
At first I thought the DM board didn't fix the blinking light problem. Had I just waited for the tv to reset its self I would of know it was fixed. When the tv is in Low Power mode or energy saving mode, you get a blinking blue light till the tv starts up. Fast Power On you get a blue light and tv starts right up.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page