What is this Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I've got a lg47cs570 which i Like and want too keep except I was wondering what this is.

I notice it on standard def and specifically on a hidef channel that shows still pictures.On some pictures parts of the image sparkles/flickers and ALSO little parts of image are moving around like worms like it's not stable/still.turning sharpness down reduces alot of it but makes it too blurry if I turn down too much.I've tried all the different hdmi ,component inputs.

What is this? I've looked around google but can't find exactly what this is.this is the second tv ive had this problem but I've had 2 tvs that did not do this(or at least not nearly as noticeable if it did). On cabletv,pvr box,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic12345 View Post

I've got a lg47cs570 which i Like and want too keep except I was wondering what this is.
I notice it on standard def and specifically on a hidef channel that shows still pictures.On some pictures parts of the image sparkles/flickers and ALSO little parts of image are moving around like worms like it's not stable/still.turning sharpness down reduces alot of it but makes it too blurry if I turn down too much.I've tried all the different hdmi ,component inputs.
What is this? I've looked around google but can't find exactly what this is.this is the second tv ive had this problem but I've had 2 tvs that did not do this(or at least not nearly as noticeable if it did). On cabletv,pvr box,

If you turn off Trumotion, does the issue remain? If not, you may want to disable it when you see such artifacts or at least dial it down.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Trumotion has no effect on it.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sharpness should be Zero or as low as possible and as mention above Trumotion interpolation should be set to a very low value to reduce artifacts caused by interpolating images of very small ofjects.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Sharpness should be Zero or as low as possible and as mention above Trumotion interpolation should be set to a very low value to reduce artifacts caused by interpolating images of very small ofjects.

zero is correct for some brands like the Samsungs but 50 is correct for the LGs
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page