Forum Jump: 

post #3511 of 3881 Old 02-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post

I think a lot of people feel fine with recertified as they are "proven" in a sense. They may have been faulty but are then repaired so you know they have been gone over.

A recertified TV is just like a brand new TV..its never been repaired. The TV was sent back to the factory for some reason (cancel order,overstock whatever) and was tested again to make sure nothing wrong with it. And comes with a one year warranty same as a new TV at time of sale....in this case as a replacement it will be what ever is left on the buyers initial warranty.

A refurbished TV is a TV that was repaired and sent back out to be sold not as a replacement TV. Warranty is 90 days most times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3881 Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

I picked this set up at Target a few weeks ago. It's my first LCD (coming from a 42" Panasonic Plasma) and I've enjoyed it so far. I noticed a few things and I'm not sure if they are issues with the TV or normal for a LCD set.

1. During the Superbowl, I noticed at the very bottom of the screen, straight across the bezel, that the image was pixelated/blocky and not very clear. It looks like it might be like that around the entire set, but it's hard to tell. It was the most prominent during the game at the bottom of the screen. It's there on other channels and while playing games, but it's not all that noticeable. Just wondering if it's normal or a defect.

2. Every once in a while, the image slows down, as if it's dropping frames. It doesn't happen a whole lot, but during one of the performances at the Grammy's that had lots of smoke and red lights, the slowdown was pretty bad. Hasn't happened like that since. Mostly just intermittent stuttering here and there. I've heard that LCD sets have juddering. Is that what I'm seeing.

3. I have some brightness in the corners and in random spots on the screen whenever there is a black background. It's nothing that detracts from the image and hasn't bothered me thus far. Would that be considered flashlighting and clouding? I assume if it's not bothering me than there's nothing to be concerned about.

4. I've seen it mentioned that this set has a game mode in the TV settings and in the picture settings, but I only see it in the picture settings. There's no independent game mode setting to turn on and off. I'm assuming that maybe I'm on a later firmware that has both settings merged into one. I haven't noticed lag using the game picture setting, but I want to make sure my assumption is correct.

Any help is appreciated since I want to make sure the set is working properly before my return period is up. Other than those things I love the TV. The picture seems a lot sharper than my previous set. I'm happy I made the jump to 60".

Thanks
post #3513 of 3881 Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet2 View Post

A recertified TV is just like a brand new TV..its never been repaired. The TV was sent back to the factory for some reason (cancel order,overstock whatever) and was tested again to make sure nothing wrong with it. And comes with a one year warranty same as a new TV at time of sale....in this case as a replacement it will be what ever is left on the buyers initial warranty.

A refurbished TV is a TV that was repaired and sent back out to be sold not as a replacement TV. Warranty is 90 days most times.

There is no "law" that I know of that clearly, and legally defines refub and recert. A refurb tv could be just that, fixed and refurbished to meet mfr original specs. However, a recertified tv doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't been "fixed". It could just mean that the tv went thru a more vigorous checking of specs to ensure that it was more in line with the original hardware specifications after a repair.
post #3514 of 3881 Old 02-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Liked: 12
Yeah. vizio told me after they send the recertified TV it would have a 90 day warranty or the remainder of my original which ever is greater. I had about 30 days left on the other.
post #3515 of 3881 Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM

I have a quick question.  I just bought a E601-A3 yesterday and love the TV so far.  I tried to calibrate it with cNETs settings but they do not match what I have.  I have different options.  I have firmware V1.23.24-301.0090

Is there anyone out there who has calibrated using this firmware?  Thanks for the help!

post #3516 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 07:24 AM

If anyone has Apple TV, have you used the free THX calibration app. I tried it yesterday for my TV downstairs and it was very basic but very good! Just download the app to your phone or ipad, then use airplay for your Apple TV and try it. It's a fun neat little app.
post #3517 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopMac View Post

I have a quick question.  I just bought a E601-A3 yesterday and love the TV so far.  I tried to calibrate it with cNETs settings but they do not match what I have.  I have different options.  I have firmware V1.23.24-301.0090

Is there anyone out there who has calibrated using this firmware?  Thanks for the help!

I would interested in seeing some settings also, I made a few tweeks myself just curious as to what others with the newer firmware are using..
post #3518 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Elmo- View Post

I would interested in seeing some settings also, I made a few tweeks myself just curious as to what others with the newer firmware are using..

I don't get why people want to see or use another persons settings.  If the person calibrated their TV they are only valid for their TV.  If they did it by preference why not just adjust to your preference rather than someone else's?

Copying someone's settings is no different than "copying" Vizio's settings by using one of their default picture modes, they are just random settings someone chose.  There are free apps and test pattern discs available that will help you set the simple things like brightness, contrast, color, tint and sharpness.  Copying those settings will probably get you in the ballpark of a few clicks or so at best.  Beyond that you need calibration equipment to make any more adjustments and I wouldn't copy anyone's CMS or grayscale settings.

I get people wanting to get the most out of their display, but watching what someone else prefers seems strange to me with no guarantee it even looks the same.

post #3519 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post

I don't get why people want to see or use another persons settings.  If the person calibrated their TV they are only valid for their TV.  If they did it by preference why not just adjust to your preference rather than someone else's?

Copying someone's settings is no different than "copying" Vizio's settings by using one of their default picture modes, they are just random settings someone chose.  There are free apps and test pattern discs available that will help you set the simple things like brightness, contrast, color, tint and sharpness.  Copying those settings will probably get you in the ballpark of a few clicks or so at best.  Beyond that you need calibration equipment to make any more adjustments and I wouldn't copy anyone's CMS or grayscale settings.

I get people wanting to get the most out of their display, but watching what someone else prefers seems strange to me with no guarantee it even looks the same.

I agree and I think it might be a placebo effect. The variations in panels added to the variation in room lighting combined with people having different vision make it a pointless exercise to copy others values.
post #3520 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 02:20 PM

I noticed on my PS3, in the dark areas of most games I'm getting a light blue-ish trail on the edges.. Is this normal in games? I tried to take a video of it, but it doesn't show very good. http://youtu.be/9QSIlNjrjes

post #3521 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Sorry to offend you. I was just trying to get my tv in the ballpark without having to jump through hoops or try to work though calibrations that someone else spent a lot of time figuring out. I understand not all sets are the same but they are going to be close. I think that a good chunk of the people who have read all 118 pages of this thread probably started here because they were looking for some base settings. Why try to start from scratch when you can have a little help getting started. So to everyone else out there, any settings for the new firmware? I would try the thx app but I don't have Apple TV or an easy way to get it to my TV. Thanks again for the help!
post #3522 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Bomb View Post

I noticed on my PS3, in the dark areas of most games I'm getting a light blue-ish trail on the edges.. Is this normal in games? I tried to take a video of it, but it doesn't show very good. http://youtu.be/9QSIlNjrjes
Mine dis this too. Go to color temp. In the menu and turn the blue offset down. Not very much like from 128 to 125. That should help.
post #3523 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2799 View Post

Mine dis this too. Go to color temp. In the menu and turn the blue offset down. Not very much like from 128 to 125. That should help.

I don't see it in the linked video, does it always occur on the same edge as in right/left?

Either way adjusting the blue offset doesn't seem like a good fix as that just reduces the amount of blue in the lower end (dark) of your gray scale and will impact your blacks on the entire picture.  But 3 clicks isn't much I guess.

post #3524 of 3881 Old 02-09-2014, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Sorry to offend you. I was just trying to get my tv in the ballpark without having to jump through hoops or try to work though calibrations that someone else spent a lot of time figuring out. I understand not all sets are the same but they are going to be close. I think that a good chunk of the people who have read all 118 pages of this thread probably started here because they were looking for some base settings. Why try to start from scratch when you can have a little help getting started. So to everyone else out there, any settings for the new firmware? I would try the thx app but I don't have Apple TV or an easy way to get it to my TV. Thanks again for the help!

Hi TroopMac. FWIW I have v1.25.24-301.0090 on a 2014 panel. I found the calibration dark preset to be a decent starting point. I then obtained the Disney WOW disc and ended up with the following settings in a very dark room.

Started with calibrated dark
auto brightness off
backlight 20 (there is no backlight calibration per se, so I did this manually to personal preference)
brightness 54
contrast 83
color 58
tint -2
sharpness 0

Advanced
color temp - normal
black detail off
backlight control off
smooth motion off
reduce signal noise off
reduce block noise off
film mode auto

Professional picture color tuner - didn't touch it b/c don't know what I'm doing there.

For games I just use the preset game mode for lower lag and brighter picture.

The Disney WOW disc also had a lip sync calibration tool, which I found pretty difficult to use. And once I set what seemed to be pretty good sync in the tool, then watched a movie, the lip sync was way off. I ended up just using my Anthem MRX300 to control lip sync and set the delay to 60ms with lip sync set to 0 in the TV. it's not perfect yet, but pretty close. My wife told me to stop playing with it "it's fine now" LOL.
post #3525 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:

Same here, I would try the app but no Apple Tv, I am just curious as to what people with the new firmware are using. There was a spreadsheet put together for the early models and quite a few people contributed to it, I didnt see them getting bashed for sharing / asking questions regarding settings . I completely understand the optimal display settings are unique to the display, the room lighting, source, personal preferences, etc...but what is the harm in trying different settings? If they suck for your panel then revert back to the previous settings...
post #3526 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Same here, I would try the app but no Apple Tv, I am just curious as to what people with the new firmware are using. There was a spreadsheet put together for the early models and quite a few people contributed to it, I didnt see them getting bashed for sharing / asking questions regarding settings . I completely understand the optimal display settings are unique to the display, the room lighting, source, personal preferences, etc...but what is the harm in trying different settings? If they suck for your panel then revert back to the previous settings...

I gguess my point was have you looked at the spreadsheet of setting and how much variance there is? I wouldn't call 10-15 clicks in the ballpark. With that much variance you are better of choosing what looks good to you. Or just start with the cnet settings for the old model and go from there.
post #3527 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:

I gguess my point was have you looked at the spreadsheet of setting and how much variance there is? I wouldn't call 10-15 clicks in the ballpark. With that much variance you are better of choosing what looks good to you. Or just start with the cnet settings for the old model and go from there.
yep, I looked through the spreadsheet and checked out the Cnet settings, and yes they are quite different. I guess my point is what is the harm in posting/trying others settings? Yes, most likely they will not be good for me but who knows maybe they will. I like to tinker with my settings, I have used a couple of the commercially available disks but since most of the posted settings are for the old firmware I dont see the harm in posting settings for others that do not have access to one of these disks as a starting point rather than the presets. Just having a little fun with the new set, not trying to argue about the universal optimal settings for it...I know they do not exist, but there is a possibility that my settings or another users may be helpful to someone....Just having a good time "playing" with the settings and having fun.
post #3528 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:

I don't see it in the linked video, does it always occur on the same edge as in right/left?

Either way adjusting the blue offset doesn't seem like a good fix as that just reduces the amount of blue in the lower end (dark) of your gray scale and will impact your blacks on the entire picture.  But 3 clicks isn't much I guess.

It will occur on any edges when you're in dark areas in games... also I've noticed it in tv shows but very subtle. My TV has the newer firmware so the color tuner is a little different.. but I tried turning the blue down and it didn't seem to help at all

post #3529 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yep, I looked through the spreadsheet and checked out the Cnet settings, and yes they are quite different. I guess my point is what is the harm in posting/trying others settings? Yes, most likely they will not be good for me but who knows maybe they will. I like to tinker with my settings, I have used a couple of the commercially available disks but since most of the posted settings are for the old firmware I dont see the harm in posting settings for others that do not have access to one of these disks as a starting point rather than the presets. Just having a little fun with the new set, not trying to argue about the universal optimal settings for it...I know they do not exist, but there is a possibility that my settings or another users may be helpful to someone....Just having a good time "playing" with the settings and having fun.

The only real value in using someone else's settings is that it can be a starting place as an educational tool to show how the settings interact with each other. Component tolerance can vary considerably from tv to tv, even within the same model and build so borrowing settings can sometimes be a huge exercise in futility. Picture adjustments ARE NOT calibrating your tv so the use of a disk alone at best, just adjusts your settings to be something better than default. The AVS HD 709 disk is a free download and can be burned to a CD but has to be played back on a blu-ray player. WoW, Spears & Munsil etc are commercial disks.
post #3530 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 05:24 PM

Hey all!

On Feb 8, I became yet another owner of the Vizio E601i-A3. In a word, WOW!
There was a big sign on top of this TV at Costco: "America's #1 selling 60 inch TV". The $759.99 price was too sweet to pass up.

I've only managed to read about 10 pages on this thread, so forgive me if these questions I ask have already been answered:

- I am using the analog audio out to feed my Harman Kardon receiver. When I turn on the TV, the picture comes on within 10 seconds. However, the sound takes another 10 seconds to kick in. The built-in speakers don't have any delay. Anybody else notice this? Is it normal?

- There is a built-in manual in the TV menu options. The trouble is it doesn't work. I can select chapters and pages, but the content does not show up. Anybody else?

- Reading these posts, it seems there was a major firmware revision done to these TVs at some point recently. Menu options have changed. This is causing confusion to me as I'm reading this long message thread. For example:
In all the suggested picture settings mentioned by users (CNET ,etc ), the red, blue, green values go as high as the 130's. On my TV, the range is -100 to +100. What gives? Are you all adjusting these values by going to Menu-> Picture->Professional Picture->Color Tuner ? Granted, the picture on this TV looks very good right out of the box, but still it would be nice to try some settings others have posted, Is there a math conversion that I can do to get the correct values?

The first generation sets seems to have firmware 2.x, and the 2nd generation sets have firmware 1.x . What gives? That is backwards.

My TV info: Serial# LFTRNWDQ0400574 firmware 1.25.24-301.0090

"Your Karma ran over my Dogma"
post #3531 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Use optical out for audio to the receiver and turn off the tv speakers.

Call Vizio and give them your specific model number and ask if there is an update available and how to install it. Updates are sometimes model specific so what's available on what model, even closely related, may not be available or work on your model.

Using another's settings is a crap shoot. See my post above. There are no "conversion" tables for the settings. The only correct settings are the ones you obtain yourself by either using a disk or having a real calibration done with a light meter and specific software. It's also possible that your specific model doesn't have the picture adjustment settings available to the user.
post #3532 of 3881 Old 02-10-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfilippone View Post

Hey all!

There is a built-in manual in the TV menu options. The trouble is it doesn't work. I can select chapters and pages, but the content does not show up. Anybody else?

The first generation sets seems to have firmware 2.x, and the 2nd generation sets have firmware 1.x . What gives? That is backwards.

I never had a problem with the built in manual... my TV is a older unit. Call Vizio and tell them this (nothing shows for manual on screen), its most likely a glitch on newer models I suppose and they will send out a new firmware version to correct it in future...as long as they know/told about it.

Your TV is one of the newest out and your firmware version sounds correct. The older units didn't have the 'dash symbol' then more digits.

Got my TV back in November 2012 over a year ago ( still works like new). My first firmware version number was 1.0.2 then within four months got updates automatically went to version# 1.1.4 then 1.1.5 then 1.1.7...(the TV started selling 1st time just four months earlier that's why so many updates back then) then went to 2.0.19.......in July of 2013 my version number went to 2.0.21 and that was the last update I ever received and still have that version number ( most do if unit is an older model). Some do have version # 2.0.25 and 2.0.33 but I think they are like less then six months old.
post #3533 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:

Hey all!

On Feb 8, I became yet another owner of the Vizio E601i-A3. In a word, WOW!
There was a big sign on top of this TV at Costco: "America's #1 selling 60 inch TV". The $759.99 price was too sweet to pass up.

I've only managed to read about 10 pages on this thread, so forgive me if these questions I ask have already been answered:

- I am using the analog audio out to feed my Harman Kardon receiver. When I turn on the TV, the picture comes on within 10 seconds. However, the sound takes another 10 seconds to kick in. The built-in speakers don't have any delay. Anybody else notice this? Is it normal?

- There is a built-in manual in the TV menu options. The trouble is it doesn't work. I can select chapters and pages, but the content does not show up. Anybody else?

- Reading these posts, it seems there was a major firmware revision done to these TVs at some point recently. Menu options have changed. This is causing confusion to me as I'm reading this long message thread. For example:
In all the suggested picture settings mentioned by users (CNET ,etc ), the red, blue, green values go as high as the 130's. On my TV, the range is -100 to +100. What gives? Are you all adjusting these values by going to Menu-> Picture->Professional Picture->Color Tuner ? Granted, the picture on this TV looks very good right out of the box, but still it would be nice to try some settings others have posted, Is there a math conversion that I can do to get the correct values?

My built-in manual does not seem to be working either.  I haven't really messed around with it too much to try to get it to work but I did notice the same problem.    

I think you have the newest firmware and you have a "Q" model serial number.  I think these are the newest models produced and yes the settings are all different from the earlier models.  So settings in the previous pages are not going to be that useful.  As far as picture settings, there are not a lot out there because of these new models just being released within the last month or two.  I just used bcms6's post a few posts up and it seems like a good jumping off point.  I too would like someone to get a hold of one of these who really knows what they are doing and have them mess around with the professional picture mode.  It seems like Vizio put a nice tool in but I sure as heck don't know how to use it correctly.  

post #3534 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Using another's settings is a crap shoot. See my post above. There are no "conversion" tables for the settings. The only correct settings are the ones you obtain yourself by either using a disk or having a real calibration done with a light meter and specific software. It's also possible that your specific model doesn't have the picture adjustment settings available to the user.

Thanks for all the replies.
I realize it's a crap shoot. But I am a tinkerer. I have one of those calibration DVDs that allow me to set the correct hue, picture, brightness, color values, etc. Unless tinkering like this can damage the TV permanently, I'd like to try changing the settings.

Can somebody with the old version TV tell me one thing: what is the minimum and maximum value you can enter for red/blue/green on your TV?

"Your Karma ran over my Dogma"
post #3535 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for all the replies.
I realize it's a crap shoot. But I am a tinkerer. I have one of those calibration DVDs that allow me to set the correct hue, picture, brightness, color values, etc. Unless tinkering like this can damage the TV permanently, I'd like to try changing the settings.

Can somebody with the old version TV tell me one thing: what is the minimum and maximum value you can enter for red/blue/green on your TV?

Using a cal disk can not damage your tv in anyway. I'd just write down all of your settings beforehand just in case you don't like what you've done and want to go back to what it was before tinkering. Make sure you turn off all artificial processing before you start. You don't want anything to affect the various settings. The same is true for your blu-ray player if that's what you're going to use for the disk. You want to adjust your panel by itself, not the panel to the source. The only damage you can do is if you enter the Service Menu to attempt changes. That is the quickest and surest way of screwing up your tv and possibly permanently bricking it. If you are on a different model or specific firmware version, the max/min settings may be different so you'll need to find someone with the exact same model/build/firmware to check your settable ranges.
post #3536 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 PM

Hello everyone.

Here’s the deal. I’ve been looking to replace my broken 60” plasma with either the Vizio E601I-A3 or the LG 60PN5700. The LG is currently available at $699 (micro center) while the Vizio can be had at $759 (costco), so the price is fairly comparable.

I was about to pull the trigger on the LG (personally, I'm partial to plasma's) until I read that the input lag is 72ms while the E601I-A3 is a blazing 31ms. Since my son is a gamer and this machine would be used with his PS3, I really don’t think I can go with the LG. That gave the advantage go to the Vizio. Unfortunately, I keep reading about all these issues with this particular Vizio model. I’ve even spoken to people at Best Buy and Costco and both say that there are a TON of returns for that model.

So my question to those of you out there… should I take a chance and get the Vizio and hope that I don’t get a lemon, or wait until something else shows up?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.
post #3537 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:

As the post from Otto Pylot said these older unit color settings can be way different from the new units.

But since you want to know what the color values are on older units..and I believe only two posters here have an older unit then my WAN 43.

The red/blue/green minimum-maximum for 'both' gain or offset is 0-255 on my TV. If that's what you wanted to know.
post #3538 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostrove View Post

Hello everyone.

Here’s the deal. I’ve been looking to replace my broken 60” plasma with either the Vizio E601I-A3 or the LG 60PN5700. The LG is currently available at $699 (micro center) while the Vizio can be had at $759 (costco), so the price is fairly comparable.

I was about to pull the trigger on the LG (personally, I'm partial to plasma's) until I read that the input lag is 72ms while the E601I-A3 is a blazing 31ms. Since my son is a gamer and this machine would be used with his PS3, I really don’t think I can go with the LG. That gave the advantage go to the Vizio. Unfortunately, I keep reading about all these issues with this particular Vizio model. I’ve even spoken to people at Best Buy and Costco and both say that there are a TON of returns for that model.

So my question to those of you out there… should I take a chance and get the Vizio and hope that I don’t get a lemon, or wait until something else shows up?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

As you might of read here already..I had my TV now almost 15 months and never had a problem yet, works great still and I fall asleep with it on lots of times on ( been used a lot).

Buying it at Costco for $759 is a GREAT DEAL..I paid $899 and that was on sale then back in Nov. 2012 ( not a black Friday sale).

You get a one year warranty and Vizio is great replacing any TV with problems.

I would go and buy it at that price if I didn't have one now.

Also I think Costco gives you a second year warranty on this TV for FREE..so you get two years warranty right out the door.

Just to add..most of the returns of this TV ( from what people are telling you) was from the early units when this model 1st came out in October 2012..there was a batch of bad video chips in some models that were made Oct-Nov 2012 and Vizio had a special recall on them if you ddn't want to keep the TV. I happen to have one of those units, but I decided to keep my TV and take their two year factory warranty offer..nothing wrong with my TV yet. There was a lip syc. issue on some also but that was corrected in early 2013 with a firmware update..since then I never seen many here say they have that problem still.
post #3539 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet2 View Post

As you might of read here already..I had my TV now almost 15 months and never had a problem yet, works great still and I fall asleep with it on lots of times on ( been used a lot).

Buying it at Costco for $759 is a GREAT DEAL..I paid $899 and that was on sale then back in Nov. 2012 ( not a black Friday sale).

You get a one year warranty and Vizio is great replacing any TV with problems.

I would go and buy it at that price if I didn't have one now.

Also I think Costco gives you a second year warranty on this TV for FREE..so you get two years warranty right out the door.

Just to add..most of the returns of this TV ( from what people are telling you) was from the early units when this model 1st came out in October 2012..there was a batch of bad video chips in some models that were made Oct-Nov 2012 and Vizio had a special recall on them if you ddn't want to keep the TV. I happen to have one of those units, but I decided to keep my TV and take their two year factory warranty offer..nothing wrong with my TV yet. There was a lip syc. issue on some also but that was corrected in early 2013 with a firmware update..since then I never seen many here say they have that problem still.
I have had this set for 2 weeks and I have had the lip sync issue, but to be fair the only time it seems to happen is when I change to "game mode" on the set, but if I change to another channel and back the issue is resolved. Other than that (which really isn't a huge deal) I cant complain, for the $ I paid 685 this was the best deal I could find on a 60" TV, I would definitely recommend......But for good measure I did purchase the extended coverage thru Square Trade.
post #3540 of 3881 Old 02-11-2014, 05:14 PM

Hey all. We just got one of these TVs at Best Buy (it was an open box unit for $688). I was prepared to return it at the sign of any issue, but the TV seems to be in great condition. Looks like someone bought it, opened it, and returned it.

My firmware is V1.16.52.0090 - what does this imply? The older TVs are at V2.x correct, while the new models are generally V1.25.xxx? Is my TV a newer model or older? It has the new menu settings (missing some of the advanced options that I've seen elsewhere). Will it pull down newer firmware on its own?

Thanks a ton!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page