Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 3851 Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Morris View Post

Don't have any experience with a WD Live Hub, but thought that Downton Abbey was shot and released at 1080p/24fps on BluRay. Is the WD Live hub trying to upsample the original video to take it to 60fps? One other thought in troubleshooting this issue is whether the Denon will pass a 1080p/60fps signal?
EDIT: From Denon on the 1712: The video section features the latest Video Reference Series processor from Anchor Bay Technologies, Analog and digital video sources are upconverted via Anchor Bay VRS processing to HD quality providing analog-to-digital video deinterlacing and upconversion to HD, with both component and HDMI outputs, and features 1080p 24Hz/60Hz HDMI pass-through, allowing a single HDMI cable run to your HDTV.
As I have been researching this issue I have found other posts which also talk of the Visio not supporting 1080p/60fps from some video sources and one post which claims that Visio admitted that the TV does not support 1080p/60fps at all?
The more I read on this issue the more confused I get on it. eek.gif
One more thought... does your HDMI support 60fps? Apparently, early versions of HDMI cables did not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 3851 Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmako View Post

Okay this has now happened to me twice so others must have experienced it.
My apps have been updated. All the applications I added are removed and it seems that the apps that are standard reappear. My profile switches back to guest. I re-login with my Yahoo profile and my added apps do not reappear and I have to re-add all my apps and reenter IDs and password.
Does this happen to you? Am I not saving my profile correctly?

I have to wonder if my "don't care about connecting to the internet with my HDTV" attitude has saved me from some of the other problems others have seen such as lip sync, etc? My HDTV is still on software version 1.1 or something like that... aka, original software which came with the TV.

I am an original early adopter but lost my enthusiasm for buying first when the studios decided to limit my home customization by forcing all their anti-piracy stuff down the manufacturers and consumers throats and by doing so making all our early adopting purchases antiquated and non upgradable.... unless of course we turned to China for the solution. ARGH. Stopped upgrading, stopped buying DVDs, stopped going to movies until they went to redbox.

Just bought my first Blu-Ray player with the TV at Walmart for $38, and so far it works fine but still haven't found a movie really worth watching on Blu-Ray via Redbox. wink.gif

So, I might not be the best person to look to for advice on our new technologies.... but one thing... I am serious about it and I am as thorough as I can be as a consumer.
post #903 of 3851 Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM

Liked: 10
Does anyone one know how to toggle the wifi from the tv on and off, i believe that the wifi is interfering with my xbox online game play cause i am getting game lag and my game mode is on
post #904 of 3851 Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 PM

Other than never setting it up or resetting to original modes, I don't think you can can do that?

Try going into the manual settings for the wireless network and messing it up and see if that does what you want?
post #905 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Couldn't find any source I own capable of outputting greater than 1080p 24, sorry to say, so can't hep diagnose this.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #906 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemoss View Post

I bought mine during BF at Wal-Mart and I have had exactly the same issue. While watching Netflix the image froze, I was able to change inputs with the remote, but when going back to Apps or Netflix,I would get the movie I was watching in Netflix still frozen. The only buttons working at this time where volume and input. Just like it happen to you Berger6696 I heard a very loud popping sound when I turned off the TV and again when I turned it back ON. It has happened twice to me already and I still cannot figure out where the sound came from. Any ideas?

I too just experienced the Netflix freeze-up and popping. I double checked the firmware and I have (what I think is the newest) 1.1.4. Has there been any resolution for those of you who have been experiencing the problem?
post #907 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 08:46 AM

Liked: 11
Anyone using a Vizio sound bar with this TV and on a stand? I just ordered the Vizio SB4020 and it looks like it'll cover the lower part of the screen. Actually I hooked up my Sharp sound bar and it's about 3/4" shorter than the Vizio I'm getting and it even covers the bottom of the screen. Just wondering if anyone has one and whether or not it's a distraction? Thanks.
post #908 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post

Anyone using a Vizio sound bar with this TV and on a stand? I just ordered the Vizio SB4020 and it looks like it'll cover the lower part of the screen. Actually I hooked up my Sharp sound bar and it's about 3/4" shorter than the Vizio I'm getting and it even covers the bottom of the screen. Just wondering if anyone has one and whether or not it's a distraction? Thanks.

I'm using a Sharp bar too and have the same issues. I put it on the shelf below the set on top of the cable box. I thought of putting it behind the set but wondered it the magnets in the speakers might affect the screen in any way. Anyone have thoughts on that?

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #909 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 AM

Liked: 14
Quick update on my dead pixel: Wife spent 5 minutes on the phone and Amazon is sending out a replacement Tuesday and picking up the bad one. All we have to do is box it up.

Painless. Viva la Amazon!

I'm really loving this TV except for that pixel.....anybody else notice in dead pixels? We watched MIB 3 last nite. Great movie!

Only 1 other downside. Now I HAVE to upgrade my audio system. Hehe...
post #910 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post

I too just experienced the Netflix freeze-up and popping. I double checked the firmware and I have (what I think is the newest) 1.1.4. Has there been any resolution for those of you who have been experiencing the problem?

I haven't had the popping but have had problems with the Vizio apps losing connections, freezing and being generally slow to respond. I've given up on the apps in the Vizio and my Sony BR player as well in favor of my Roku. The Roku is dead reliable and just never presents any problems, ever.

post #911 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM

I have had this happen and as soon as I disconnect from the network the problem goes away.
Quote:
My main issue is that my 60 inch becomes unresponsive to the remote and the side control panel. I am unable to raise the volume or change the input on the TV. The VIA button works but thats about it. I have replaced the batteries, unpaired and re-paired the remote and still nothing seems to work. The Tv does this sparactially so sometimes the volume control will work and sometimes its doesnt. I also noticed that when turning the TV off i hear a popping noise from what i think is the speakers and again when i turn it on. As i stated that this is not constant it does it every now and then but it gets highly frustrating. I called Vizio and they wikll be sending a repair person to fix it.
post #912 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Couldn't find any source I own capable of outputting greater than 1080p 24, sorry to say, so can't hep diagnose this.

Do you have a laptop with an HDMI port? Computers output at 60fps/hz
post #913 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarc23 View Post

I have had this happen and as soon as I disconnect from the network the problem goes away.

I am ssuming you are talking about the wifi network?
post #914 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Had an app update again today (happened the other day too)

Is anyone else getting these updates? They wipe out all the apps and settings for apps I had.

post #915 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Borne Legacy available on Vudu today, pizza on the way, movie night! biggrin.gif

post #916 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post

I have the VSB201 and I built a Box-Stand out of 1X3s and 3/4" Plywood. It raised the TV just high enough to clear the Sound Bar..............................................................
post #917 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 PM

I purchased the Vizio e601i-a3 a few days ago and since have begun to look for settings to match my watching habits. I watch movies and sports, and play video games. I searched this thread to find settings to match. After I did, I thought it would a good idea to post what I found so that others don't have to go through the pages if they find themselves in the same situation. Below is a quick preview of what I found followed by the settings in detail. I have yet to find settings for live sports viewing. In the mean time, I've used the movie settings from cnet for sports with the motion smoothing turned on. If I find settings in the future, I'll post an update.

MOVIES: from a cnet forum and posted on page 1 of this thread by maliclipse. (thank you)
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-574831/vizio-e601i-a3-picture-settings/?tag=contentBody;threadListing

GAMES: by sapples (thank you) on page 17 of this thread.

SPORTS: ???

MOVIE SETTINGS FROM CNET FORUM
Quote:
---Picture settings menu---
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 53
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 75
Color: 51
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

---Size & Position submenu---
[no change]

---Color Temperature submenu---
Colour temperature: Normal
Red Gain: 104
Green Gain: 115
Blue gain: 130
Red offset: 129
Green offset: 130
Blue offset: 132

--Advanced Picture submenu---
Smooth motion effect: Off
Real Cinema Mode: Smooth [grayed out]
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG NR: Off
Color Enhancement: Off
Adaptive Luma: Off
Film Mode: Auto
Backlight Control: Off
Ambient Light sensor: Off

VIDEO GAME SETTING BY sapples Thank you sapples again!
Quote:
Okay so I picked one of these up at Walmart last night (They only had 11 of them I was 6th in line, 5 hours early) and out of the box the picture was not good at all, this set took some tweaking for sure, First I tried the cnet settings posted on here and while watching blu rays they looked alright, but I noticed that anytime text was white or actually almost anything that was white was on screen, it had a yellowish or brownish color, not just on blu rays but live TV and video games also, this was really annoying to me! You guys actually like that look? Anyways I ended up turning the color mode on "Custom" instead of "Normal" and that pretty much totally fixed this. Still not sure how I want my picture for blu rays, gonna mess with that some more.

Another thing, For playing games on Xbox 360 or PS3 or PC I turn the sharpness up to about 8 or 9 on this set, otherwise the picture looks VERY blurry and washed out, on my last TV (A SHARP from about 4 years ago) I had the sharpness on 0 and it was fine. The sharpness does add a little hue around certain things but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as having a horribly blurry picture. Anyways after tweaking I'm pretty happy with this set especially for the price!

Here's the settings that I prefer for playing video games, if any other gamer's can also post there's that would be great!

Picture Mode - Vivid
Back light - 53
Brightness - 45
Contrast - 80
Color - 60
Tint - 0
Sharpness - 8 to 10

Color temp. - Custom
Red gain - 125
Green gain - 135
Blue gain - 128
Red Offset - 128
Green offset - 128
Blue offset - 128

Advanced Picture Settings -
SME - Off
RCM - Greyed out
Noise Reduction - Off
MPEG NR - Off
Color Enhancement - Normal (or off, still indecisive on this)
Adaptive Luma - Low
Film Mode - Auto
Back light control - Off
Ambient Light Sensor - Off
post #918 of 3851 Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostsr20 View Post

Has anyone been Successful in getting the ARC to work? I have no sound from my onkyo rc160. I've tried every combo of options on the receiver and TV but still no returned audio for the VIA use age. My HDMI cable is up to date as well. I've got an optical cable ordered but itd be nice if it worked as advertised.

I searched through the thread and couldn't find an answer. I am having the same issue - on my Denon AVR-1613 (which supports ARC) and the input to HDMI1 on TV (ARC). Anyone been able to solve? (To use receiver for TV audio - VIA apps etc.)
post #919 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmako View Post

Had an app update again today (happened the other day too)
Is anyone else getting these updates? They wipe out all the apps and settings for apps I had.
Is this something that pops up automatically or can you manually initiate an update check too? I've been looking everywhere in the settings but to no avail. I'm connected through a wired connection so it's strange I have yet to see any pop-up regarding firmware/software update since I've bought the set.
post #920 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdk1091 View Post

Do you have a laptop with an HDMI port? Computers output at 60fps/hz

Sorry I don't. My other hobby: www.ipadalone.com

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #921 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Liked: 14
So I finally noticed the lipsync issue last nite. Watching LOTR on TNT. After about 4 hours it was so bad it was like watching an old Japanese movie.

Never seen anything like this. It wasn't milliseconds...seemed more like 1-2 seconds! There lips would be moving right along ...and then the audio would play after they were done.

Changed channels and changed right back and it was fixed.

I have to find out if this affects other sources like BlueRay.
post #922 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader2k View Post

So I finally noticed the lipsync issue last nite. Watching LOTR on TNT. After about 4 hours it was so bad it was like watching an old Japanese movie.
Never seen anything like this. It wasn't milliseconds...seemed more like 1-2 seconds! There lips would be moving right along ...and then the audio would play after they were done.
Changed channels and changed right back and it was fixed.
I have to find out if this affects other sources like BlueRay.

It only happens for me on pure cable channels and ALWAYS starts during a commercial. Network, streaming and blu ray are all fine.

post #923 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

It only happens for me on pure cable channels and ALWAYS starts during a commercial. Network, streaming and blu ray are all fine.

same......i assume there is a fix on the way....
post #924 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

I'm using a Sharp bar too and have the same issues. I put it on the shelf below the set on top of the cable box. I thought of putting it behind the set but wondered it the magnets in the speakers might affect the screen in any way. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Richard that's pretty much what I did. I put the bar on the self below and moved the DVR down to the bottom. Actually like it and I guess that's my solution. I don't think setting the soundbar behind the TV should cause any problems. Heck there's speakers there at that level now inside the TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_10Beers View Post

I have the VSB201 and I built a Box-Stand out of 1X3s and 3/4" Plywood. It raised the TV just high enough to clear the Sound Bar..............................................................

Chief I thought about that. And that's what I would've done had relocating it down a shelf hadn't worked out.

Now for the interesting part. I picked up the Vizio sound bar today. I ended up getting the SB4021M-A1. I hadn't had ANY trouble with audio sync issues. None directly through the TV or through the Sharp sound bar I was using until I got the Vizio bar. I hooked up the Vizio 2.1 bar and when I went to the setting and switched on Trusurround and the Truvolume the audio paused at each setting and the sync was off, WAY off. I ended up turning the stuff off and back on again and alls been well since. This brings my to my next question....... my sound bar is hooked up via digital optical cable from the TV. TV speakers are off. Should I go into the TV's audio settings and disable the Trusurround/Truvolume since the bar is doing it or is it even outputting it through the digital optical? Right now I have both the TV and the sound bar doing it.
post #925 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 04:23 PM

This tv with a vizio soundbar is a nightmare. Audio sync was terrible in the beginning, and more recently the lip sync is tolerable but when changing channels or skipping fwd/back (on a dish network hopper) the audio is 5-7 seconds delayed in restarting. The picture comes in without any audio. Then after a delay the audio rejoins, and pretty much in sync. I love the "idea" of an affordable 60" vizio but so far it drives me nuts.

Has anyone had service done and seen better results?
post #926 of 3851 Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM

I also had terrible lip synce issues and after fiquring out how to change my cable box (Motorola DCX3501) to L-PCM audio the lip sync problem is gone
post #927 of 3851 Old 12-16-2012, 07:40 AM

Just had TWC set my box to L-PCM audio remotely...will see if that works...only had lip sync on a couple of channels
post #928 of 3851 Old 12-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat01 View Post

Just had TWC set my box to L-PCM audio remotely...will see if that works...only had lip sync on a couple of channels

Let us know, shouldn't take long to find out. Which box do you have? My E60 is on a Moto DCH 3200.

post #929 of 3851 Old 12-16-2012, 08:43 AM

Cisco Explorer 8640HDC DVR...wife said she has not seen any over last hour since reset from twc
post #930 of 3851 Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 AM

So my TV has not been responding to the remote or the control panel for volume or to select a different input, one of the members here stated that it was the wireless network so i set up the tv directly to ethernet. Problem seemed to have gone away, however, when i turn my desktop on which had a wireless USB adapter the issues return, which lead me to believe that there is some frequency interference. So i am unable to use my desktop while my TV is on. Has this happened to anyone? Is this normal? I have a technician coming to address the non responsiveness but it works when my computer is not on. Any advice?

Oh my lip synce issues were resolved when i purchased an HDMI from Monster with gold tips
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page