Forum Jump: 

post #1411 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur02 View Post

I am also getting the weird areas of light all over my panel during a completely black screen as rlucio is describing but in different areas. Any help please? Should I return this tv?

Edit: my backlight is 53 btw as per cnet recommended settings

this is a charictaristic of led edge lit tv's....its just he way it is, i can see it on the start up screen, but that is about it, under normal tv viewing you cant see it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LelandC View Post

Can I ask how far away you sit from your tv? What was your seating distance for the NFL games today? I may go back to Sam's club and see if I can play around with the tv a bit and try turning off all the motion stuff. Also I really don't like the idea of paying full msrp or close to it for this:(

Maybe it'll go on sale here soon?

I sat 12-15ft away. This TV has a store setup which they may be using. I would take my settings that you will find in this thread and see if they will allow you to setup the TV with those settings. They may not because they are using the store settings. This TV is worth $979 trust me....you will not find a 60" that is NOT on sale to compare to this 60"
post #1413 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur02 View Post

I am also getting the weird areas of light all over my panel during a completely black screen as rlucio is describing but in different areas. Any help please? Should I return this tv?

Edit: my backlight is 53 btw as per cnet recommended settings

What is your first 2 of your serial? Your backlight is pretty low. I would exchange the TV for a different one and choose the highest serial you can get.....where did you get your tv from? I have never seen this clouding and I run backlight at 80.
post #1414 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM

Liked: 10
My serial number starts with 41. Only got the lip sync issue so far. Bought it from Walmart the day before Thanksgiving. Would you just return my current tv set and get a newer one with the higher serial number or just keep this one and hopefully nothing happens to it and if anything should have it repaired under warranty?
post #1415 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecore View Post

What firmware update did you get then your set had BSOD? If it was 1.1.5 for the lip sync issue then there is no pattern there.....many people have already gotten this update. I have not gotten the update yet because my serial is 46. It seems like Vizio is just replacing instead of repairing now......many people had to have an attempted repair before replace.

What did you tell Vizio when you spoke with them? Who is sending you a new TV?

Ended up returning the TV to Walmart. I have not received the firmware update yet, it still has a bit of the lip sync issue. The new one is a '48'.
post #1416 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM

NHL GAMECENTER APP

Has anyone used this app? I know there are some hockey fans here. If activate the app then goto SCORES select a game that says FINAL select WATCH and select HIGHLIGHTS nothing plays. I see a play bar at the bottom with a black screen. Do you have to have a subscription to NHL gamecenter in order to see any highlights? I know that is the case from the condensed and full games.
post #1417 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlucio210 View Post

i have had this TV since december and so far (knock on wood) everything is been great. I did have some lock up issues but found out that i had an external device causing interference. Issues has been resolved. I have a question about clouding i have used settings from a member her which have made my picture look great however when there is a black/dark screen you can see some clouding i have added a photo to show as an example. I had all the lights off and set the TV to a non input channel to show the cloudiness. Does anyone know how to get rid of this or is it something that i am just gonna have to deal with? Also my sn starts with 40 and i have not recieved the new update. But i am not having much lip sync issues. Any help is appreciated

Can you explain the locking issues ad how you resolved them? I've had "locking" when both my pc and tv are connected to the internet. My only resolution is to either turn off the pc or to disconnect the ethernet cable from the tv. Another user on this thread had the same issue.
post #1418 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:

I sat 12-15ft away. This TV has a store setup which they may be using. I would take my settings that you will find in this thread and see if they will allow you to setup the TV with those settings. They may not because they are using the store settings. This TV is worth $979 trust me....you will not find a 60" that is NOT on sale to compare to this 60"

Okay. Thats the other issue here is seating distance for me. My chair is front and center about 8' to 9' away depending if it's reclined. My wife sits on the couch which is a few feet further back.

I wonder if 8' -9' is too close for watching mostly HD cable?

Anyone sit this close watching HD cable primarily?

-Leland
post #1419 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LelandC View Post

Okay. Thats the other issue here is seating distance for me. My chair is front and center about 8' to 9' away depending if it's reclined. My wife sits on the couch which is a few feet further back.

I wonder if 8' -9' is too close for watching mostly HD cable?

Anyone sit this close watching HD cable primarily?

-Leland
8-9 feet is fine, once you've experienced it you won't want to sit further away, very immersive!

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #1420 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

8-9 feet is fine, once you've experienced it you won't want to sit further away, very immersive!

Okay. It should be fine then as long as the HD signal is decent:)

Now if this thing would only go on sale. Plus I'm hoping the flaws are out of the way (bad panels, lip sync, etc).
post #1421 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarc23 View Post

Can you explain the locking issues ad how you resolved them? I've had "locking" when both my pc and tv are connected to the internet. My only resolution is to either turn off the pc or to disconnect the ethernet cable from the tv. Another user on this thread had the same issue.

Well I didn't necessarily resolve the issue I have just come to terms with the fact that I can't have the tv and the pc on at the same time, the one thing that I believe will help is dependent on your modems capabilities, if you have a dual band modem it's should work fine also I can't return my tv due to the fact I ordered it thru my work so I will call vizio to try and correct
post #1422 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Well I didn't necessarily resolve the issue I have just come to terms with the fact that I can't have the tv and the pc on at the same time, the one thing that I believe will help is dependent on your modems capabilities, if you have a dual band modem it's should work fine also I can't return my tv due to the fact I ordered it thru my work so I will call vizio to try and correct
I have a dual band router (linksys e3000) and have had the tv replaced so i can only assume it is either the pc or the router causing the conflict. I was hoping you had resolved it.
post #1423 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Well Saturday I fell victim to the black screen. I was watching a basketball game and it went black starting from the upper left corner and continued to the lower right. I had sound for a little while, but when I change the channels (through the cable box) it went out. Granted it could have when to a channel I didn't get, so there would be no sound. I had the TV for since about November 27th, so lasted about 2 months.

I called Vizio and I would have to say dealing with their Tech Support was not bad. I am scheduled to get a new TV. They estimated 9 to 13 business days. So not sure if I will get it by the Superbowl, which is the pisser.

So far I don't feel great about Vizio's quality, but I know things fail regardless of who/what the product is. My fingers are crossed that I won't have the same issue with the next TV.
post #1424 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Just received the 1.1.5 firmware update. Serial number 48... Have not had a chance to test audio-video sync.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
post #1425 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topp View Post

Well Saturday I fell victim to the black screen. I was watching a basketball game and it went black starting from the upper left corner and continued to the lower right. I had sound for a little while, but when I change the channels (through the cable box) it went out. Granted it could have when to a channel I didn't get, so there would be no sound. I had the TV for since about November 27th, so lasted about 2 months.

I called Vizio and I would have to say dealing with their Tech Support was not bad. I am scheduled to get a new TV. They estimated 9 to 13 business days. So not sure if I will get it by the Superbowl, which is the pisser.

So far I don't feel great about Vizio's quality, but I know things fail regardless of who/what the product is. My fingers are crossed that I won't have the same issue with the next TV.

Topp please make sure you update the tracking thread with your old tv with BSOD and when you get your new tv. Any manufacturer can have issues. I have had multi-year 5 star JD Power Samsung French Door Refrigerator that had all the circuit boards replaced then had the entire frig replaced when that did not fix it.....less than a few months since we owned it. Also had another 5 start related issue with a Samsung front load dryer. This TV first came out last Oct and it sounds like you got one of the early production runs. Now there has been time to work out a few issues.
post #1426 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:

What is this issue you are talking about? I have used my laptop connected via HDMI to the TV with no problems at all.
post #1427 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

Just received the 1.1.5 firmware update. Serial number 48... Have not had a chance to test audio-video sync.

What was your experience on how you got your update so we all can learn the process?
post #1428 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 01:49 PM

unless i missed something, it seems the firmware update is going out by S/N from low to high.
post #1429 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM

I hope not...sn46 and no update
post #1430 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:

That's an awesome old style setup. It is also good to know with that much light coming in from the right wall of windows that is not affecting your picture. Is that your laptop in the bottom left corner? How are you connecting your PC to the TV? Did you run a long HDMI cable?

Thank you for the nice comments!

The laptop is the wife's and does not connect to the TV. The old Dell workhorse is on the bottom rack on its side. It is connected with a VGA cable. It has a great video card and an audiophile sound card. Audio out goes to the Adcom, RCA of course. The video card has an HDMI cable but I have not tried it yet and probably will not because I want the audio going though the sound card.
post #1431 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat01 View Post

I hope not...sn46 and no update

I thought I read in this thread somewhere that Vizio said it had to do with how many times you turn the TV on and off...
post #1432 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM

Sn 44 here. Turned TV on bout 30 minutes ago. Notified i had received the update. Been watching since and so far no lip sync.
post #1433 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM

Sn 44 here. Turned TV on bout 30 minutes ago. Notified i had received the update. Been watching since and so far no lip sync.
post #1434 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Question for you guys. Are the tv settings listed on page 43 of this thread visually better or are CNETS? I know its all a matter of preference but just wondering.
post #1435 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:

What is this issue you are talking about? I have used my laptop connected via HDMI to the TV with no problems at all.
I have a cable modem, a Dell PC running vista wired to a linksys e3000 wifi router. I have several devices connected wirelessly to the router...2 iphones, 2 ipads, 2 smart bluray players, xbox 360 a dell laptop and all connect to the network no problem while the Dell is on..Once i connect the E601i-a3 to the network (either wireless or wired) the tv completley freezes. At that time i cannot use any controls of the tv (power, volume, menu, etc). If i disconnect form the network of turn off my Dell pc, the problem goes away
post #1436 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Just got home turned on tv and a screen was on that said software update version 1.1.5. My serial# is 43
post #1437 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbucks79 View Post

And if it makes a difference, its connected to a Vizio VHT510 via toslink
post #1438 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

What was your experience on how you got your update so we all can learn the process?

I had remembered seeing an update notice briefly appear on my now failed/replaced TV last November when I turned it on one time, but I recalled that it only seemed to be up for a few seconds. Seeing that other people have been getting the 1.1.5 update over the past week, I was planning on taking a picture of my screen when my notice appeared, although I was not sure I would be fast enough with my camera.

When I turned the TV on this morning, there was no notice, and when I checked my version, it was still at 1.1.4. At some point this morning, I turned the TV off for about a half hour. Then, when I turned it back on, the update notice popped up--but only for a few seconds, so I was unable to take a picture. I verified that I had 1.1.5 in the menu (Menu>Help>System Info>Version), although I have not had a chance to check the audio/video sync. I am hoping that the problem is gone, as others have reported.

To get a picture of the update notice, one would probably have to be ready with a camera every time they turned the TV on. And, if you aren't paying attention right when the TV has finished up its boot after power on, it would be easy to miss. On the other hand, none of this is really important, as you can just check your version in the menu later.

Both of my TVs have been connected via WiFi to my cable modem for the updates.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
post #1439 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 03:08 PM

Had my E601-A3 30 days now..never had a problem yet and picture is great...serial # 43

I just set it up yesterday for the internet connection using my new router, my router can be a wireless connection to TV... but I rather use the ethernet cable better signal.
Yesterday my version was 1.0.2 (same from day of purchase) and now since connected to the internet since last night... in the morning today my system info had it at Version 1.1.4 ( never got the notice it was upgraded I just checked out system info and had it )....now today also about eight hours later it did state it was upgraded so I checked out system info again and it was upgraded to Version 1.1.5

Just letting all know you can be upgraded with the firmware twice in same day even....I went from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 within 20 hours and no problems.

PS: My TV was off when I received both firmware updates today..the internet connection is always on of course.
post #1440 of 3897 Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM

Just got the update as well. So far no sync issues, but it's only been about fifteen minutes. Will report if I notice any
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page