Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread - Page 59 - AVS Forum
First ... 57  58  59 60  61  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread
czerdrill's Avatar czerdrill 05:33 PM 01-30-2013
So my tv just froze on netflix and now won't turn off, or respond to buttons. What do I do now?

huntt26's Avatar huntt26 05:34 PM 01-30-2013
Mine should be here tomorrow (weather permitting). Very excited but also nervous about all of the issues people have had. Too good of a deal to pass up though (I think)
huntt26's Avatar huntt26 05:40 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post

So my tv just froze on netflix and now won't turn off, or respond to buttons. What do I do now?

May have to do the old fashioned pull the plug?
czerdrill's Avatar czerdrill 06:08 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post

May have to do the old fashioned pull the plug?

Lol yep thatsd what I did...all good now
Internet2's Avatar Internet2 06:47 PM 01-30-2013
I notice the Netflix app gives a lot of problems for this TV....I never use it or most other app's .

I'm connected to the internet with my TV but don't use those app's in the VIA dock (all junk to me), just the media app I use so I can use a thumb drive for work related reasons and future firmware updates. I have my TV setup to use my computer ( second display screen), I get everything that way without using the app's (same stuff if I want it), plus surf the internet.
Its a simple click on an app...but its also a simple click to get on the internet...why they have the VIA dock beats me since its easy to setup for a second display screen for your computer.
Internet2's Avatar Internet2 06:54 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater4978 View Post

Has anyone else received a tv with the serial starting with 03?

I didn't see one yet with SN 03 in the tracking thread..if you got one with SN 03 you're the first here I believe.
Internet2's Avatar Internet2 06:59 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfxr27 View Post

Thanks for the reply. The halo effect is just the most apparent with the image I used here, (its google chromes home screen which has a folder like theme). It also shows up in the native Netflix app if i'm watching an SD movie, also when I move around the screen in any content I can pick it up slightly. The lower the quality of the content the more I can pick it up. All white screen its night and day. It's definitely in the panel. I just assumed it was from the edge lit LED's and everyone was having this issue.

heres a hi res link from a different angle.
http://i.imgur.com/qDcW4yW.jpg

Really jet..if you think there is a problem..I would return the TV and get a updated one like a high SN 51..hell maybe SN 52 is around now.

I just gave it a test the problem you had..never knew it involved other areas. Good luck.
MB721's Avatar MB721 08:18 PM 01-30-2013
Hey all... been lurking for a while. Nice to read feedback from so many. Bought the A3 back in October (Amazon), have a SN 39, and the tv rocks.

* No issues so far, great picture, great sound (knock on wood!). Use it for TV, and attached Roku, Wii, PS3, BluRay, Computer, and hooked up analog-out to a near 20 year old Denon receiver, and the sound is great.

* Had lip sync one time w/ streaming video, and used the lip sync settings to adjust, and that worked fine. Never needed since, but I am on OTA rooftop antenna/coax without a cable box, and get about 7-8 HD channels, and 9-10 others. Still on the 1.1.4 firmware.

* Use the "movie" setting for movies/night viewing, and otherwise use Standard (custom set) or Vivid during daylight hours w/ tv in bright room/lots of windows. Honestly the picture is fantastic, and relatives are amazed with it.

* Dislikes: Not a fan of the Vizio apps, (and can't figure out how to disconnect tv from the wireless router, so I just block the ip address in the router). Thought the tv would have Skype, and Vizio said "were working on it..." but who knows. The channel "guide" is non-existent- Samsung has a much better guide built-in to their tv's with "next show" etc.

But for the price, the Vizio was a fantastic deal, and I really like the feature set. Have the square trade warranty just in case, but hope the tv lasts! Best regards-
RichardCarver's Avatar RichardCarver 09:32 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB721 View Post

Hey all... been lurking for a while. Nice to read feedback from so many. Bought the A3 back in October (Amazon), have a SN 39, and the tv rocks.

* No issues so far, great picture, great sound (knock on wood!). Use it for TV, and attached Roku, Wii, PS3, BluRay, Computer, and hooked up analog-out to a near 20 year old Denon receiver, and the sound is great.

* Had lip sync one time w/ streaming video, and used the lip sync settings to adjust, and that worked fine. Never needed since, but I am on OTA rooftop antenna/coax without a cable box, and get about 7-8 HD channels, and 9-10 others. Still on the 1.1.4 firmware.

* Use the "movie" setting for movies/night viewing, and otherwise use Standard (custom set) or Vivid during daylight hours w/ tv in bright room/lots of windows. Honestly the picture is fantastic, and relatives are amazed with it.

* Dislikes: Not a fan of the Vizio apps, (and can't figure out how to disconnect tv from the wireless router, so I just block the ip address in the router). Thought the tv would have Skype, and Vizio said "were working on it..." but who knows. The channel "guide" is non-existent- Samsung has a much better guide built-in to their tv's with "next show" etc.

But for the price, the Vizio was a fantastic deal, and I really like the feature set. Have the square trade warranty just in case, but hope the tv lasts! Best regards-

Yeah, I think the 39s were a good run, mine's pushing 100 days with no problems. It had sync but the LPCM trick fixed it completely.
Nicholas440's Avatar Nicholas440 11:08 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:

Just got my new tv today from vizio after my last one got the black screen of death. The interesting thing is the new tv serial number starts with 03. I asked the delivery guy if he has delivered any other of these 60 inch vizio's and he said a lot. I asked him how many and his response was 25 this week so far and its only wednesday. I just figure there are a lot more people out there with these problems. So 25 tv's just on one truck in chicago suburbs. I'm sure the amount of tv's vizio has to replace is huge eek.gif.

I had the same problem you did as far as having to get a replacement. Mine however has an 02 before the serial, it's on the sticker thats on the rear of the TV and my serial starts with 50 . I also asked the delivery guys if they had to deliver a lot of these replacements, and he said yep, all day today, about 20 of them so far, and he said it's strange, he asks people what happened to their set, and all of them said it just went black.. So I can't imagine the huge number of sets that Vizio has had to replace. They must have had a boat load of bad ones. Imagine how many Refurbished Vizio's are going to be showing up in those places that deal mostly in Refurbished items ?

Does anyone know why some sets have 02, or 03 before the serial number on these replacement sets ?
jetfxr27's Avatar jetfxr27 05:25 AM 01-31-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet2 View Post

Really jet..if you think there is a problem..I would return the TV and get a updated one like a high SN 51..hell maybe SN 52 is around now.

I just gave it a test the problem you had..never knew it involved other areas. Good luck.
Im starting to think there is a problem. I assumed it was normal and everyone had this issue, and I was just wanting to confirm. But if this is unique to my panel, looks like ill be making a trip ;(

Thanks for trying to replicate the problem for me.
lovswr's Avatar lovswr 08:14 AM 01-31-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamerdown View Post

Just learned a new word > had to google it though biggrin.gif

Glad I could be of service. biggrin.gif
bdarc23's Avatar bdarc23 12:21 PM 01-31-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarc23 View Post

I have a dual band router (linksys e3000) and have had the tv replaced so i can only assume it is either the pc or the router causing the conflict. I was hoping you had resolved it.
RLUCIO and others with locking- I just wanted to update you on my FIX for the tv "locking" when my PC is on issue...I read on another tv forum that this problem could occur if you have a computer with an old wireless adapter like (b/g) or the ethernet network updater needs new drivers. In my case I have a linksys e3000 router and a Dell XPS410 windows vista PC which no longer updates drivers that also has a linksys wireless G adapter installed...so it seemed possible. I did try to remove and unistall the wireless adapter and actually purchased a new supported intel gigabit network adapter for $29...and unfortunately the problem wasn't fixed. However, I noticed windows 8 pro upgrade from Vista on sale at microsoft until 1/31 for $39 and decided to buy it....I installed Windows 8 yesterday and my locking problem is gone. I can have my pc and tv connected to the internet at the same time with no issues. Now most likely the issue is some driver in Vista that needs to be updated and my Windows 8 installed all new drivers. Either way for me $39 to fix was well worth it since I couldn't find any other fix.
huntt26's Avatar huntt26 03:53 PM 01-31-2013
Just got mine today and absolutely love it except for one problem. All the way across the screen towards the bottom there are several dark lines that will not go away. I have included a picture. Anyone else have this kind of issue out of the box?

If I watch a really bright scene or really dark scene you don't notice it much. However, if you get a gray background it looks really bad.

If it doesn't resolve itself in the next few days, I need to decide if I should contact Amazon or Vizio. Any suggestions?

andy sullivan's Avatar andy sullivan 04:01 PM 01-31-2013
That looks pretty bad. I would schedule a replacement. My replacement 70" is being delivered tomorrow. Yesterdays was a black screen DOA.
iautotron's Avatar iautotron 04:27 PM 01-31-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post

If it doesn't resolve itself in the next few days, I need to decide if I should contact Amazon or Vizio. Any suggestions?

That's not normal.

I would give Vizio a call ASAP and talk to them about it, perhaps there's an easy fix they can talk you through, otherwise you're going to have to arrange for a replacement.

VIZIO: Toll Free (877) 698-4946.

VIZIO SUPPORT: LINK

smile.gif

Mater4978's Avatar Mater4978 05:36 PM 01-31-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas440 View Post

I had the same problem you did as far as having to get a replacement. Mine however has an 02 before the serial, it's on the sticker thats on the rear of the TV and my serial starts with 50 . I also asked the delivery guys if they had to deliver a lot of these replacements, and he said yep, all day today, about 20 of them so far, and he said it's strange, he asks people what happened to their set, and all of them said it just went black.. So I can't imagine the huge number of sets that Vizio has had to replace. They must have had a boat load of bad ones. Imagine how many Refurbished Vizio's are going to be showing up in those places that deal mostly in Refurbished items ?

Does anyone know why some sets have 02, or 03 before the serial number on these replacement sets ?

Mine does not have the 03 before the serial number. My tv has the letters then 03. My first tv was a 43 and I was hoping for one in the 50's but instead got a 03.
iautotron's Avatar iautotron 05:44 PM 01-31-2013
Quote:

Mine does not have the 03 before the serial number. My tv has the letters then 03. My first tv was a 43 and I was hoping for one in the 50's but instead got a 03.

Yes, my serial number ON THE BACK OF THE TV begins with a bunch of letters (8) followed by numbers (7) beginning with 50.

However, if I go into Menu>Help>System Info, the TV SN there does begin with 50. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, I presume I have a "50" series SN.

smile.gif
Aquasonic's Avatar Aquasonic 07:47 PM 01-31-2013
I was in the local Sam's Club today and all the numbers I could see started with 02, after the letters.
Risuli's Avatar Risuli 07:40 AM 02-01-2013
Was at my local Sam's Club last night. They had approximately 40 units stacked in a block in the main aisle. Unfortunately, they were stacked in a manner that made it difficult to see the serial numbers, but I was able to move and check about 12 of the units. Those were all in the number ranges of 45 to 51. No 02 or 03's if those indeed are related to the 60" models.
Mater4978's Avatar Mater4978 12:44 PM 02-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

Yes, my serial number ON THE BACK OF THE TV begins with a bunch of letters (8) followed by numbers (7) beginning with 50.

However, if I go into Menu>Help>System Info, the TV SN there does begin with 50. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, I presume I have a "50" series SN.

smile.gif

I agree with you. Mine is the same way with my 03 serial number. However if you read his statement, his is different. I was telling him mine is not the same as his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas440 View Post

Sp33d's Avatar Sp33d 12:49 PM 02-01-2013
Hi guys, First off I want to say thank you for all the great info in this thread! I just picked one up at our local Target( $899.00 -5% redcard discount) and had them look for the highest first 2 digits in the serial number which ended up being a 50 so that is the one I got cool.gif Picture looks great and everything so far is perfect out of the box although it has only been 2 days. It also updated itself from version 1.14 to 1.15 within the first few hours of having it connected to the net. It is sitting on its stand for now as the wall mount is still on its way after ordering that online. Can't wait to watch the Superbowl commercials biggrin.gif
iautotron's Avatar iautotron 03:00 PM 02-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d View Post

Hi guys, First off I want to say thank you for all the great info in this thread! I just picked one up at our local Target( $899.00 -5% redcard discount) and had them look for the highest first 2 digits in the serial number which ended up being a 50 so that is the one I got cool.gif Picture looks great and everything so far is perfect out of the box although it has only been 2 days. It also updated itself from version 1.14 to 1.15 within the first few hours of having it connected to the net. It is sitting on its stand for now as the wall mount is still on its way after ordering that online. Can't wait to watch the Superbowl commercials biggrin.gif

Congrats on your new acquisition...you're gonna love it!

I'm a couple of days beyond the Best Buy 30-days "we will swap it out for any reason" deal, so I'm kind of on pins and needles hoping mine will last for quite a while without some of the issues we read about in here. But, so far, so good. I did go against my position of not purchasing an extended warranty by getting a 3-year Square Trade Warranty just for the piece of mind it'll give me for a few years.

You're right, great info within this thread, thanks to all the contributors. I'm glad I read through it when I first got mine, the tips and advice proved invaluable.

This TV was made for events like this Sunday's Super Bowl...ENJOY!

My post after getting mine

smile.gif
Gene
Internet2's Avatar Internet2 04:04 PM 02-01-2013
Just my opinion.

RAVENS 24...49ERS 21...seeing it all on my new big 60 inch screen..luv it!
RichardCarver's Avatar RichardCarver 04:06 PM 02-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet2 View Post

Just my opinion.

RAVENS 24...49ERS 21...seeing it all on my new big 60 inch screen..luv it!

It's lying to you! That score is reversed! biggrin.gif
Internet2's Avatar Internet2 04:09 PM 02-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

It's lying to you! That score is reversed! biggrin.gif

LOL..OK Richard if you insist.

RAVENS 42...49ERS 12..its reverse!
Smithcraft's Avatar Smithcraft 06:04 PM 02-01-2013
Just as an update - I figured my local Costco would have these flying off the pallets what with the discount and all, but the first serial number I saw was a 41. I did see a 48, and maybe the 50 and higher are at the back of the pallet. I have two other Costcos nearby that I can check and the downtown Seattle one is around the corner from work.

SC
blkriv95's Avatar blkriv95 04:49 AM 02-02-2013
I was at my local Costco for lunch (next to work) and noticed they had no Vizio E601-A3 on hand (or even a display) which they had 2 full pallets 2 days ago. I talked to to department guy and he mentioned all were returned due to the bad board with a that serial #'s. Would be nice to get a copy of Costco's internal memo or instruction on which models they needed to return. He did say they would get a new shipment in shortly. Wonder if Vizio will fix them and rebox them as new??

**Hey, question for you Vizio E601-A3 owners. I want to get this TV but can wait until the 2013 models come up (hopefully should lower the price of the Vizio E601-A3 - I hope). If not, should I get purchase my Vizio at Costco or Amazon and save $73 in taxes? I will be using my credit card that will double the manufacture's warranty so Amazon and Costco will be the same 2 year warranty period for me.

Also, does regular Hulu work on this TV or on any smart TV? I mainly watch last week's episodes of the Family Guy so won't get Hulu Plus. Is there an app just to stream the free content of Hulu?

thanks
BGNewB's Avatar BGNewB 05:59 AM 02-02-2013
Gotta call from "HD repair" on Thursday for the Lip sync issue. Gentleman will be out here today between 12-2 to replace my motherboard on the TV. Will see how that goes. Will post back after all is said and done

JB
matrixj3's Avatar matrixj3 06:58 AM 02-02-2013
I was wondering for those with Directv, how do the HD channels look? I have a Panny HDTV and Epson projector and Directv HD looks stunning. Is their any graininess on any of the HD channels on the Vizio. 70 inch?
Tags: Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
First ... 57  58  59 60  61  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop