post #1891 of 3878 Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

MY PERSONAL SETTINGS

I'm going to post and share with you my personal picture settings. Yes, there are plenty of posts from others with theirs, these are mine.

Gene smile.gif

Thanks for the settings I may have to give them a try as I hated the cnet settings.

I left my video settings default and only changed the temperature mode to "computer" and it looked good enough, but I might be too easy to please. Also turned off the motion blur or whatever it's called, call me old fashion.
jetfxr27 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 AM

Liked: 12
Can you detail the warping experience on your old set. I wonder if that's whats going on with mine?
post #1893 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 AM

Liked: 10
Hello All,

I love the picture that this TV brings but one thing is happening that I cannot get over and may cause me to return this TV and just going back to my old 40 samsung lcd or a plasma.

I used CNET's settings and then went to watch some sports. When the picture would come out of a replay or come from a commercial and go directly into some motion, I would see some judder or almost like a filter was being applied to the picture. I turned on smooth motion to low and it seems to fix the problem, but now I notice a slight Soap opera effect with some of the channels I watch. I'm kind of OCD about this type of stuff so wondering if anyone has anything to add that could help me before I return the TV. I did see some other people have this issue ,but they do not mind the smooth motion turned on.
post #1894 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 AM

The smooth motion really only seems to kick in if it detects a 24p source. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.

Smooth motion does have some judder effects, especially in camera pans and fast moving cameras. It's kind of just the nature of the beast. Anytime in media you are making up data real time on the fly, it won't be perfect.
The TV is "making up" frames of picture that didn't exist before.
Just turn off smooth motion if it bothers you.
post #1895 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:

---Color Temperature sub-menu---
Color temperature: Normal
Red Gain: 104
Green Gain: 115
Blue gain: 130
Red offset: 129
Green offset: 130
Blue offset: 132

I've seen several people (and the root, CNET) recommending similar settings, turning down the red and up the blue. I find that these settings make my set incredibly blue/cold.
post #1896 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Strange. On my set many sources look way too red with the cnet settings. Granted, if you move 3 feet to the left or right the red goes away...
post #1897 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post

The smooth motion really only seems to kick in if it detects a 24p source. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.

Smooth motion does have some judder effects, especially in camera pans and fast moving cameras. It's kind of just the nature of the beast. Anytime in media you are making up data real time on the fly, it won't be perfect.
The TV is "making up" frames of picture that didn't exist before.
Just turn off smooth motion if it bothers you.

Actually the juddering happens with the smooth motion off. Smooth motion on low fixes the issue but causes the SOE on some channels. Any thoughts?
post #1898 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCamaroSS View Post

Well, got the new set from Walmart today.

S/N 47, not what I was hoping for, coming from the warehouse.

Then it gets better, I turn it on, and there are all kinds of lines going across the screen....

If I could get a comparable model for the $600 i paid I would do it in a heartbeat, Vizio is really wearing my patients thin.

Got my 3rd TV out of the box today....

There is a small puncture in the screen...

S/N: 46

Walmart sending another replacement, 4th time is a charm?
post #1899 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muisyle View Post

I've seen several people (and the root, CNET) recommending similar settings, turning down the red and up the blue. I find that these settings make my set incredibly blue/cold.

Depends on what you are used to and what you are expecting to see. video game players like blue tint and are used to it while those who grew up watching film, and want to look at their own arm and then at the screen characters face and see the same tint, want a pale red. It all depends on your own perception of reality based on how you learned to interpret it, IMO.
post #1900 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCamaroSS View Post

Got my 3rd TV out of the box today....
There is a small puncture in the screen...
S/N: 46
Walmart sending another replacement, 4th time is a charm?

After all you've been through, and if it's not too late, I would call your contact at Walmart and request...no, INSIST...on a set with a Serial Number of WAP01 (or later - "01" being the first week of January 2013) and get a set that should incorporate all the latest fixes.

Let us know how it goes.

Gene smile.gif

VIZIO E601i-A3 WAN50
NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual-Band Router
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
post #1901 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:

After all you've been through, and if it's not too late, I would call your contact at Walmart and request...no, INSIST...on a set with a Serial Number of WAP01 (or later - "01" being the first week of January 2013) and get a set that should incorporate all the latest fixes.

Let us know how it goes.

Gene smile.gif

I told them I wanted a comparable model actually, lol.

We'll see what they say.
post #1902 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfxr27 View Post

Can you detail the warping experience on your old set. I wonder if that's whats going on with mine?

On mine it was the left side edge that was warped. Right side was fine, but the left bottom edge stuck out an extra 3/4 inch compared to the top. At first I thought I was seeing things. Then I pulled out the level to confirm. Sure enough, right side was level, but the left side was way off. Crooked & warped. If I had wall mounted, it would have been really noticable as that left bottom edge would've protruded from the way an extra inch compared to the right side. It also had really bad flashlighting from bottom left edge all the way to the middle of the screen and I believe this was caused from the warping. So I took it back, got a 3rd one and all is good on this one so far.

Epson HC 2000 Projector & 120" screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
PS4 GT: Ringo619
post #1903 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

My remote failed after the last update and a reset fixed that and a Youtube loading problem as well, do a reset before lugging the set around.

Thanks for the tip! I just did a factory default reset. Worked great at first but now it is back to the way it was. It lasted about 10 minutes max after the reset. Very frustrating!
post #1904 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Looking forward to being snowed in with mine this weekend. If the dish gets knocked out because of snow cover I have plenty of North Woods Law, Alaska State Troopers, and Ice Road Truckers on the DVR to keep me entertained. On a screen this big and this clear it feels like you're in the woods!
post #1905 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray View Post

Thanks for the tip! I just did a factory default reset. Worked great at first but now it is back to the way it was. It lasted about 10 minutes max after the reset. Very frustrating!

Well, at least you know you've done all you can do, time for a new set! I keep waiting for all these returns to show up on Woot as refurbs! biggrin.gif

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #1906 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM

I WAS WONDERING

...about the speaker system on the E601i-A3.

What do you guys think was the audiological theory that compelled Vizio engineers to put the speakers on the back, facing away from the listener?

Wouldn't the sound be much more richer, clearer, and distinct, and the surround sound more realistic, if they were facing toward the listener instead of bouncing off and subsequently dispersed by whatever is behind the set?

It wouldn't bother me if the base at the bottom of the frame was higher in order to accommodate the speakers, perhaps even eliminating the purchase of a sound-bar, as some are want to do?

hmmm.... confused.gif

Gene smile.gif

(actually, I don't find the sound from the Vizio speakers, by themselves, all that bad, but I do use my Sony Home Theater system as my main audio source, which, when used in conjunction with the Vizio speaker system, sounds pretty good)

VIZIO E601i-A3 WAN50
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
post #1907 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM

Liked: 13
When I was at Costco, I checked some serial numbers. The first one was 48, but the ones in the back were WAP05.

SC

Display - Vizio E601i-a3 (WAP 05)
HTPC - 2011 i5 Mac mini 2.33 GHz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1908 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM

Well, I confirm earlier posts that talked about a "recall" by Costco. I purchased one last Saturday from a Costco here in North Jersey, and they had a whole stack of them with serial numbers between 41 to 45. That made me wider about claims that Costco had sent them back to Vizio because of all of the problems. I picked up 45 serial number and brought it home. It's still in the box however, because I've had a busy week at work. I stopped into Costco this afternoon, and saw lots of 55 and 70 inch sets but no 60's. I couldn't believe that they had sold the whole lot of them since Saturday, so I asked. Sure enough, the sales associate I spoke with told me that theybhad shipped all of the 60 inch sets back to Vizio because there was a "recall due to bad power supplies." I'm not so sure he was completely informed about the reasons the units were sent back, but they were definitely sent back. He didn't know when they would be getting a new shipment in, but until they did, they were not selling any from the stock they had. I'm thinking mine is going to stay in the box and get replaced when they get a new shipment.

Just thought you guys might be interested.
post #1909 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkster View Post

Well, I confirm earlier posts that talked about a "recall" by Costco. I purchased one last Saturday from a Costco here in North Jersey, and they had a whole stack of them with serial numbers between 41 to 45. That made me wider about claims that Costco had sent them back to Vizio because of all of the problems. I picked up 45 serial number and brought it home. It's still in the box however, because I've had a busy week at work. I stopped into Costco this afternoon, and saw lots of 55 and 70 inch sets but no 60's. I couldn't believe that they had sold the whole lot of them since Saturday, so I asked. Sure enough, the sales associate I spoke with told me that theybhad shipped all of the 60 inch sets back to Vizio because there was a "recall due to bad power supplies." I'm not so sure he was completely informed about the reasons the units were sent back, but they were definitely sent back. He didn't know when they would be getting a new shipment in, but until they did, they were not selling any from the stock they had. I'm thinking mine is going to stay in the box and get replaced when they get a new shipment.

The plot thickens. Glad they are getting this straightened out. I have a replacement set on the way from Vizio, I wonder if that is why they were so quick to offer to send me a new TV. Curious to see what serial number I get!
post #1910 of 3878 Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkster View Post

take it out and watch it until they get the new ones in....costco doesnt need the box to be returned....
post #1911 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post

take it out and watch it until they get the new ones in....costco doesnt need the box to be returned....
I'm tempted to do that, but it's going to get mounted on the wall, and the mount I ordered won't be here until next week, so I think I'm going to at least wait until then. I wonder what the failure rate on these things really is related to how many sets they sold overall? I saw someone mention 3 percent, but that statistic came from a Vizio rep. I would think it's got to be more than that for Costco to ship them all back.
post #1912 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 AM

Dont know if this was posted yet

VIZIO has released a bulletin about the E601i-A3 E701i-A3. Please click the following link for more information https://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/962/kw/special%20bulletin

https://twitter.com/VIZIOsupport/status/300289550847180800
jetfxr27 likes this.
post #1913 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Nice, they are doing what they can to aid the issue. We all have 2 year warranties from Vizio now, which is nice! Vizio customer support was great when I worked with them about a week ago.
post #1914 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericwilley View Post

VIZIO has released a bulletin about the E601i-A3 E701i-A3. Please click the following link for more information https://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/962/kw/special%20bulletin

FInally VIZIO wakes up and admits a recall for defective supplier components......this is very consistent with my tracking thread and failure within 60 to 90 days. Out of the 11 serial numbers 38-48 reported by VZIO there were only 4 not reported with BSOD's in the tracking thread. Now they are saying 500 hours which is difficult to track. It's time to take this back to Costco and swap it out for a model manufactured in 2013. So far this 46 has been perfect and there is no guarantee that you will get the same quality and picture with a recent manufactured set.
post #1915 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:

Incredible customer service, there are manufacturers who would be fighting tooth and nail to avoid responsibility. My E60 is affected (39) but my E70 is not (50). Everything about my 60 is superb, perfect panel, no app problems, hope it doesn't fail, love this set!

post #1916 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecore View Post

FInally VIZIO wakes up and admits a recall for defective supplier components..

Why do you have such a hard on for Vizio? When have they not replaced an affected set? I have never seen such a commitment to service from any company before, why do you dog them?

post #1917 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the link!

I'm happy to see Vizio being pro-active and getting this issue resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio 
In a small percentage of units with serial numbers in the ranges of LFTRNWAN3800001 to LFTRNWAN4805300 for Model E601i-A3

So, this affects only sets manufactured in 2012 the weeks from:

(WAN38) Week 38--->>> September 17, 2012 - September 23, 2012
to
(WAN48) Week 48--->>> November 26, 2012 - December 2, 2012

I escaped it by two weeks (WAN50)....(so far at least).

Vizio truly does stand behind their product!

I like this part also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio 
In addition, VIZIO is also extending its standard one-year limited warranty to two years from the date of purchase for this specific issue to ensure that customers who purchased the E601i-A3 or E701i-A3 can continue to enjoy their TV with full peace of mind.

Gene smile.gif

VIZIO E601i-A3 WAN50
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
post #1918 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 AM

Mine is a LFTRNWAN48107XX just past the LFTRNWAN4805300. Hope the defective models really stopped after that serial number. Looks like there is no 2 year warranty for my 48. Oh well if it fails its gonna fail quick and I'll get a new one.
post #1919 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM

I just had a 60" delivered and setup today. The serial number is WAN27 which seems pretty old. This is outside the range Vizio posted about. I haven't yet read this entire thread but has anyone with a 27 serial number had any problems?

Thanks.
post #1920 of 3878 Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Liked: 14
That's being a very good company what Vizio is doing from what I read in their special bulletin.

I have SN 43 and never had a problem yet since I connected it back on 12/27/2012, my TV works great/looks great, I tried everything VIA dock app's/media for thumb drives/media for DLNA/ color settings even though I like the factory setting better/sound..never had that lip snych problem even with firmware 1.1.4/upgraded to 1.1.5 firmware easy/no problems with remote. I'm not a gamer so I don't have those gaming systems connected to my TV..only a DVD player and that works fine with the TV.

I have no intentions to return my TV unless something goes wrong of course...works great why would I? I only average 25-30 hours use per week so that possible 500 hour issue will fall around my fourth month of use...if still ok covered till December 2014 now.

Glad I cancelled my square trade warranty within a day. I didn't get my TV from Costco so the square trade warranty cost me around $95 but it starts on the day you purchased the TV..thats a lost of one year on a three year square trade warranty ( first year TV has it already). Now Vizio gives two year warranty if a problem...that would mean I paid square trade warranty $95 for just one year....wasn't worth it to me with two years now square trade warranty is really one year.

If it last two years with no problems should last a few more until I buy a OLED TV in future.

WTG VIZIO
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page