Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread - Page 69 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2041 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Member
 
itsjustmeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

itsjustmeee and johaan444, while you both seem to be having audio-video sync issues, I think your different setups make them very different problems. If I understand correctly, itsjustmeee effectively had all devices hooked up to the TV to deliver both video and audio, and then the TVs optical audio output hooked up to the receiver to deliver audio to the receiver. However, the audio was delayed relative to the video. Yet, hooking the audio directly up to the receiver (not going through the TV first) seemed to fix the problem.

In contrast, johaan444 effectively had all devices hooked up to the receiver to deliver both video and audio, and then the video (and likely the unused audio) was hooked up to the TV via HDMI. This actually sounds like the approach that ended up working for itsjustmeee. Strange, indeed.

Splinke, you are correct. I have 2 devices going into the tv via HDMI ...... my comcast box which is plugged into HDMI 1 and my mac mini plugged into HDMI 2.

Here's one thing I've never gotten a straight answer for ..... does this Vizio ACTUALLY passthrough 5.1 from an HDMI input out to the optical output? Vizio and a lot of people here say it does but I've read in many other forums and threads that almost no TV's will do that (including this one). My point being that if this truly is the case and it doesn't, the optical output is a moot point and one would have to take the direct output of their cable box and go into the receiver, sound system, etc to get true 5.1.
itsjustmeee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2042 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee View Post

Splinke, you are correct. I have 2 devices going into the tv via HDMI ...... my comcast box which is plugged into HDMI 1 and my mac mini plugged into HDMI 2.

Here's one thing I've never gotten a straight answer for ..... does this Vizio ACTUALLY passthrough 5.1 from an HDMI input out to the optical output? Vizio and a lot of people here say it does but I've read in many other forums and threads that almost no TV's will do that (including this one). My point being that if this truly is the case and it doesn't, the optical output is a moot point and one would have to take the direct output of their cable box and go into the receiver, sound system, etc to get true 5.1.

Yes, the Vizio E610i-A3 passes through Dolby Digital 5.1 audio from its HDMI inputs to its optical audio output. Under the E601i-A3's "Advanced Audio" settings, there are three output choices: (1) Dolby Digital, (2) PCM, and (3) Off. When I am playing source material that contains Dolby Digital 5.1 audio through HDMI to the TV, then out to my receiver through the digital audio output, my receiver reports Dolby Digital 5.1 when "Dolby Digital" is selected, PCM when "PCM" is selected, and no audio when "Off" is selected. When I plug the same source directly into my receiver, it reports "Dolby Digital 5.1". Now, whether the Vizio is doing anything to the Dolby Digital (processing?) before outputting it, or whether it is simply passing it through untouched, I am not 100% sure.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2043 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This is probably a long-shot, but, for those with sync issues who do not use the audio output on the Vizio, perhaps turning the audio output to "Off" would prevent the TV from spending any of its processing power on unnecessarily processing audio, which could cause delays in video or audio? Also, at least for testing purposes, you may want to turn off all of the video processing crap to prevent any video delays due to that. I never spent a great deal of time doing hardcore testing before I received the 1.1.5 firmware update, and the sync is sufficiently good after the update that it is not worth the effort--at least for me.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2044 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here is a quick (relatively crude) summary of audio-video sync on my setup (firmware 1.1.5):

CABLE BOX >HDMI> TV >OPTICAL AUDIO> RECEIVER
CABLE BOX >OPTICAL AUDIO> RECEIVER

When I choose the input on my receiver that comes from the TV, the audio-video sync seems pretty dead on (looking at people talking). If I turn on the TV speakers, the sound from those speakers and the speakers connected to my receiver is also sync'ed up very well.

When I choose the input on my receiver that comes directly from the cable box, the audio seems to be ahead of the video by a very small amount--almost imperceptible. This is confirmed when I turn on the TV speakers. The audio from the TV speakers is just a bit behind that coming through the speakers connected to my receiver, creating a slight echo effect.

Thus, I am happy with my setup where all but one of my devices goes through the TV first. The exception is my DVD player, which uses component video and requires direct connection of audio to the receiver. In that case, I have to deal with the audio being almost imperceptibly ahead of the video. If I had audio delay settings on my receiver, I could probably fix this. However, if the delay was variable between inputs (or even different sources on a single input), that would be annoying.

As I recall, when I had firmware 1.1.4 (and before), if I left a cable channel on for a long time, the audio coming out of the speakers connected to my receiver would often be delayed by a second or more (the longer I left it running, the worse it would get).

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2045 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Smithcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone414 View Post

does serial number that the number starts 02 have the lip sync problem. just got it last night. should i return it they had a 60" sharp at walmart same 888 price. should i return the vizio for the sharp?
It should not have the problem. Have you not hooked up your set to see if it has the problem?

SC

Display - Vizio E601i-a3 (WAP 05)
HTPC - 2011 i5 Mac mini 2.33 GHz
AVS Forum E601i-a3 User Settings Spreadsheet(ods)
Smithcraft is offline  
post #2046 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Member
 
itsjustmeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

Here is a quick (relatively crude) summary of audio-video sync on my setup (firmware 1.1.5):

CABLE BOX >HDMI> TV >OPTICAL AUDIO> RECEIVER
CABLE BOX >OPTICAL AUDIO> RECEIVER

When I choose the input on my receiver that comes from the TV, the audio-video sync seems pretty dead on (looking at people talking). If I turn on the TV speakers, the sound from those speakers and the speakers connected to my receiver is also sync'ed up very well.

When I choose the input on my receiver that comes directly from the cable box, the audio seems to be ahead of the video by a very small amount--almost imperceptible. This is confirmed when I turn on the TV speakers. The audio from the TV speakers is just a bit behind that coming through the speakers connected to my receiver, creating a slight echo effect.

Thus, I am happy with my setup where all but one of my devices goes through the TV first. The exception is my DVD player, which uses component video and requires direct connection of audio to the receiver. In that case, I have to deal with the audio being almost imperceptibly ahead of the video. If I had audio delay settings on my receiver, I could probably fix this. However, if the delay was variable between inputs (or even different sources on a single input), that would be annoying.

As I recall, when I had firmware 1.1.4 (and before), if I left a cable channel on for a long time, the audio coming out of the speakers connected to my receiver would often be delayed by a second or more (the longer I left it running, the worse it would get).

Interesting. Your setup (CABLE BOX >HDMI> TV >OPTICAL AUDIO> RECEIVER) was exactly the same as mine when I was having all of the problems before I got this digital splitter box and bypassed the tv optical audio. I wonder why my audio lagged so much? It will be interesting to see if it is indeed something wrong with the tv itself when the repairman comes out on tuesday.
itsjustmeee is offline  
post #2047 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
curtishd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What directv remote code did you all use? I can't get it to work.
curtishd is offline  
post #2048 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Member
 
Internet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

What directv remote code did you all use? I can't get it to work.

I don't have Direct TV..but did try a search to help you..my results of an answer isn't great but maybe will work for you:This is the reply from Direct TV.


Brand:Vizio Model: E601i-A3

There is no setup code indicated for your product
that links to the model number you entered.

You may still find a setup code that works for your device by stepping through the library codes in your remote. The following instructions will help you do this.

StepNSet

Set the "Mode Switch" to the desired mode such as TV for a Television.
Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
Enter the code "991" followed by the "device number"
1 for Televisions
2 for "AUX 1" devices - VCRs or DVDs
3 for "AUX 2" devices - Audio
You can step through the setup codes for this mode by pressing the "Channel Up" key to go forward through the codes or pressing the "Channel Down" key to go back to the previous codes.
You can try out each code by pressing one or more function keys such as power, volume or digit keys.
When you've found the setup code that works for your device, press the "Select" key.

Sorry can't help more.
Internet2 is offline  
post #2049 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Member
 
johaan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet2 View Post

Johaan444..since you got it from Costco and had only a month..I would return it for another. You seem to have more then one problem from what you decribed..and your TV is not even in the problem chip range of SN 38-48. Your TV is not working correct..return it..I have a sn 43 and it still works great had almost two months now never had a problem yet.

This is just my opinion to return it.

My Costco does not have any in stock since they recalled the lower serial numbers. I grabbed the highest one I could find when I got it. I still have a little time, 60 days is the Squaretrade limit, and that's what my personal deadline is so I have another couple weeks at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee View Post

I've had my TV for close to a month now and have been working on isolating this audio/video sync issue almost daily. I do have firmware 1.1.5. Here's what I know from my various experiments....

1. When routing the audio through my TV via an HDMI cable and out of the digital optical into a receiver or sound system, there's ALWAYS latency. I've tried every single setting on my Comcast cable box, my Sony surround system, and the TV itself. For me, the audio is actually behind. With just watching dialogue, it's hard to tell but I've really noticed it when someone is knocking on a door, or striking an object. I would say it's roughly 150 ms behind. I can still see it if I mute my surround system and use the tv speakers. It's quite a bit better but there's still some very slight latency. I would guess most consumers wouldn't even notice.

...

6. I do have a repair man coming out next tuesday to "repair the tv" as he says. They had to wait for a part from Vizio. I have no idea what the part is or what's going to happen. I would be surprised if he actually opens up the tv itself and replaces some board or some other part. My guess is that they would just swap it out for another tv. Mine is a serial # 50, and I won't accept anything below that number so it should be interesting.

itsjustmee, that was as informative as it is frustrating. I'm really curious what happens after your repair man shows up. The lack of consistency with the set is highlighted by the contrast with our experiences (as splinke pointed out). In my case the audio is more often ahead than behind (except perhaps with uverse), and that is consistent with what folks saw before the 1.1.5 patch IIRC.

Still, what I don't know is what of this I should blame on ATT or the HDMI connection or the receiver. Or if its just the tv and if I would face the same thing with another one (or if this is also an issue inherent with leds).

That said, flipping back and forth between QVC SD and HD (wife has tv right now). the SD has the a sound issue for sure and picture looks pretty bad. The HD does not seem to. Most of my recordings are still in SD. In this case though I may have to agree with itsjustmee, the audio is late. CNN does not have the issue on SD or HD. Nick2 does.

So great, some inputs and channels its too early, others its too late.... why is this so difficult? First world problems, but still annoying.

Still appreciate the opinions.
johaan444 is offline  
post #2050 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by johaan444 View Post

...Still, what I don't know is what of this I should blame on ATT or the HDMI connection or the receiver. Or if its just the tv and if I would face the same thing with another one (or if this is also an issue inherent with leds)...

Have you tried turning off the audio and all of the video processing on the TV, and/or do you have a small HDMI computer monitor you could hook up temporarily to see if the same sync issues are present (if they are not, then it is the TV).

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2051 of 3924 Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Member
 
johaan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

Have you tried turning off the audio and all of the video processing on the TV, and/or do you have a small HDMI computer monitor you could hook up temporarily to see if the same sync issues are present (if they are not, then it is the TV).

I did turn off all audio processing on the TV, not the video.

Hrm. No monitor, but I could move my 4-year-old 32" Samsung downstairs... not a bad idea. I guess first step is to get right up to the samsung and see if the sync issues are present while it is still plugged in upstairs. I don't watch QVC so it could just be a crappy signal on that channel. But if I hauled it down I'd then be able to test the receiver and audio. A pain in the neck, but less so than packing up the 60" for sure.

Side note, got caught watching history channel in HD on the Vizio. Some amazing detail in HD, will need to clean off the DVR and stop recording in SD. I really do like the picture on this set (light bloom aside)... the whole reason I got it was it was the first LED that I'd seen that convinced me it was finally time to get rid of the boat anchor. The Sony served me well for a decade, but it was overdue. Moving it out of the house almost killed me though.
johaan444 is offline  
post #2052 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Member
 
itsjustmeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The repair guy is coming out in a few hours.

I'll report back on my finding ASAP.
itsjustmeee is offline  
post #2053 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Member
 
BGNewB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sadieville,KY
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee View Post

The repair guy is coming out in a few hours.

I'll report back on my finding ASAP.

I had the repair guy come out about 2 weeks ago and swap my mainboard because of the lip sync issue also. It worked for a couple days then the sound began to lag behind more and more. i am up to 220ms on my onkyo. Vizio is sending me a new unit now.

Hope it works brother!!!

Vizio E601i-A3
Onkyo TX-NR609
Polk TSx 330t for L/R
Polk TSx 150C
Polk RM 6751 surrounds x 4
BIC F-12 Sub
BGNewB is offline  
post #2054 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
curtishd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone here using Directv and about to program the directv remote? If so how and what code?
curtishd is offline  
post #2055 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
crawdad62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greencastle, IN
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think the most common Vizio remote codes is 11758
crawdad62 is offline  
post #2056 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Member
 
montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone414 View Post

does serial number that the number starts 02 have the lip sync problem. just got it last night. should i return it they had a 60" sharp at walmart same 888 price. should i return the vizio for the sharp?

02 means it was manufactured the 2nd wk of Jan 2013....it should have the firmware 1.1.5 on it....if not it will soon update to the firmware which corrects the lip sync issues. I would stick with the Vizio.
montecore is offline  
post #2057 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Member
 
itsjustmeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGNewB View Post

I had the repair guy come out about 2 weeks ago and swap my mainboard because of the lip sync issue also. It worked for a couple days then the sound began to lag behind more and more. i am up to 220ms on my onkyo. Vizio is sending me a new unit now.

Hope it works brother!!!

The repairman just left. While he was installing the new circuit boards I really picked his brain about this issue. He's been repairing Vizio TVs for about 5 years now and gave me an earful. He actually has an older Vizio tv himself that has the same A/V sync problems. He said a good number of people don't notice it so it's no big deal. Others who don't use the internal speakers tend to see this problem a lot more and either complain and try to get it fixed or as he said "just live with it". He also said that replacing the main circuit board probably wouldn't help. He's right, it didn't. The audio latency is still there. He also said basically there's really not enough processing power with the set to deal with complicated audio and video signals together AND keep everything in sync. Bottom line for me is this, either keep this TV (I have 90 days to decide since I got it at Costco), and as he said just live with the issue which I basically have by getting the digital splitter and go directly out of the cable box and my mac mini and into my sony surround, or spend a lot more money, get a Samsung or another brand and hope that this problem isn't just something that plagues all smart TVs when you take the digital output from them. I'm leaning to just keeping this Vizio because the picture is so amazing and I'm totally fine with the audio splitter solution. It just bugs me because it SHOULD work the way it's described. But looking at it realistically, it's only a $880 dollar TV and it does have lots of positive things going for it.

And since I have a 5 year warranty, this tv will probably be ready to be replaced by then anyway.
itsjustmeee is offline  
post #2058 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Member
 
iautotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
.
POLL
.
Regarding the MENU>PICTURE>PICTURE MODE

How many of you E601i-A3 owners actually change the Picture Mode:

To MOVIE when you're watching a movie?

To GAME when you're playing a game?

To VIVID for whatever that's used for?

To FOOTBALL when watching a football game?

To GOLF when watching golf?

To BASKETBALL when watching B-Ball?

To BASEBALL when watching a baseball game?

I've been wondering about this since I find my personally tweaked CUSTOM settings seem to work for just about anything I might be watching without the need to switch to one of those other modes.

Just curious.

Thanks for your input and comments.

Gene smile.gif

VIZIO M602i-B3 SN: Q51 (MFR December 15-21 2014)
VIZIO E601i-A3 SN:WAN50 (MFR
December 10-16 2012)
NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual-Band Router
PLEX and TVersity Media Servers
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
iautotron is offline  
post #2059 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Member
 
Umpire20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

.
POLL
.
Regarding the MENU>PICTURE>PICTURE MODE

How many of you E601i-A3 owners actually change the Picture Mode:

To MOVIE when you're watching a movie?

To GAME when you're playing a game?

To VIVID for whatever that's used for?

To FOOTBALL when watching a football game?

To GOLF when watching golf?

To BASKETBALL when watching B-Ball?

To BASEBALL when watching a baseball game?

I've been wondering about this since I find my personally tweaked CUSTOM settings seem to work for just about anything I might be watching without the need to switch to one of those other modes.

Just curious.

Thanks for your input and comments.

Gene smile.gif

I never change my picture mode. I use VIVID (although at this point it is CUSTOM, because I've changed the settings) and it seems to work for everything. I believe I have your settings but have not yet tried to use them. Since it is Saturday and there isn't much on TV I think I might go try them right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umpire20 is offline  
post #2060 of 3924 Old 02-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Member
 
TomGallopavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I use three settings, custom that I worked on for some time that we use at night. Standard I adjusted for daytime viewing as the tv is in a very bright room though I do not have it quite right yet because we do not watch too much during the day. The last is game mode that my wife and kids use for the wii.
TomGallopavo is offline  
post #2061 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 AM
sls
Member
 
sls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the market for the 60" and I'm thinking this weekend I could find a deal...
so far I've found Costco reduced to $890, Best Buy will match this but I'm still waiting ...
any thoughts where to get it?
sls is offline  
post #2062 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Newbie
 
gbusick7157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Costco all the way. You get an additional year warranty plus the 3 year square trade warranty is only 59.00 to get you a full 5 year warranty.
gbusick7157 is offline  
post #2063 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
sls
Member
 
sls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, that's a good point...any other thoughts on where to get a better price?
I keep thinking about the Black Friday prices...frown.gif
sls is offline  
post #2064 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Member
 
johaan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post

I use three settings, custom that I worked on for some time that we use at night. Standard I adjusted for daytime viewing as the tv is in a very bright room though I do not have it quite right yet because we do not watch too much during the day. The last is game mode that my wife and kids use for the wii.

Tom, Curious about your wii connection. What type of hookup do you have? Composite looks absolutely horrible with this set.

Still have not had time to test my Sync or move my other TV downstairs. had another thought. Will enable passthrough on some of the other connections and see what happens. Found today that the BR player was 20 MS off what it was last time my kid used it. I find that all kinds of weird. Was at 130 today to look right with SW Clone Wars -- but it was a new season so perhaps the mastering was off?
johaan444 is offline  
post #2065 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
 
RichardCarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls View Post

Yes, that's a good point...any other thoughts on where to get a better price?
I keep thinking about the Black Friday prices...frown.gif

Well, you could hang on another couple of months when all these failed sets surface as refurbs. I would think a Woot deal at 650 or less is certainly a possibility.

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
RichardCarver is offline  
post #2066 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
sls
Member
 
sls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yea, I guess...
but, I'm just like my kids...
I want it ...when I want it...now...!!
sls is offline  
post #2067 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Newbie
 
Mater4978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johaan444 View Post

Tom, Curious about your wii connection. What type of hookup do you have? Composite looks absolutely horrible with this set.

Still have not had time to test my Sync or move my other TV downstairs. had another thought. Will enable passthrough on some of the other connections and see what happens. Found today that the BR player was 20 MS off what it was last time my kid used it. I find that all kinds of weird. Was at 130 today to look right with SW Clone Wars -- but it was a new season so perhaps the mastering was off?

double post, see below.rolleyes.gif
Mater4978 is offline  
post #2068 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
Mater4978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johaan444 View Post

Tom, Curious about your wii connection. What type of hookup do you have? Composite looks absolutely horrible with this set.

Still have not had time to test my Sync or move my other TV downstairs. had another thought. Will enable passthrough on some of the other connections and see what happens. Found today that the BR player was 20 MS off what it was last time my kid used it. I find that all kinds of weird. Was at 130 today to look right with SW Clone Wars -- but it was a new season so perhaps the mastering was off?

I did this with my wii and it made a improvement....http://www.brighthub.com/electronics/home-theater/articles/69065.aspx
Mater4978 is offline  
post #2069 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Member
 
Warbucks79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question for the audio gurus here. I have this tv hooked to my Vizio VHT510 via toslink. Should my tv setting be on PCM or Dolby Digital ? Also should the soundbar be set with SRS Tru volume on or off and SRS Trusurround HD on or off?
Warbucks79 is offline  
post #2070 of 3924 Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Member
 
montecore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

.
POLL
.
Regarding the MENU>PICTURE>PICTURE MODE

How many of you E601i-A3 owners actually change the Picture Mode:

To MOVIE when you're watching a movie?

To GAME when you're playing a game?

To VIVID for whatever that's used for?

To FOOTBALL when watching a football game?

To GOLF when watching golf?

To BASKETBALL when watching B-Ball?

To BASEBALL when watching a baseball game?

I've been wondering about this since I find my personally tweaked CUSTOM settings seem to work for just about anything I might be watching without the need to switch to one of those other modes.

Just curious.

Thanks for your input and comments.

Gene smile.gif

Set it and forget it.....do not change modes.
montecore is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off