Vizio E601-A3 Owners Thread - Page 72 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2131 of 3929 Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
In their "special bulletin" on the chip problem that led to LCD panel failures, Vizio said that they were contacting customers with TVs in the affected serial number range. Has anybody received such a notice? I had one of the affected TVs, which I registered with Vizio, although I had already received a replacement before the bulletin. I just want to make sure that Vizio is following up on their promise to proactively inform affected customers of the problem and warranty extension.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2132 of 3929 Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Member
 
wb5dx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin3169285 View Post

Just got my tv delivered with serial#wap06. Looks great sounds great preloaded with 1.1.5 firmware. Even when fast forward or rewinding DVR seem a lot quicker wonder if it has a better processer.

I wonder if there is any way to test that theory. Or simply find out definitively.
wb5dx is offline  
post #2133 of 3929 Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb5dx View Post

I wonder if there is any way to test that theory. Or simply find out definitively.

How could a processor chip change in a TV, which I doubt has been done, increase the rewind/fast-forward speed on a connected DVR? Or am I misinterpreting something?

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2134 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Land of Cardinals
Posts: 5,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin3169285 View Post

Just got my tv delivered with serial#wap06. Looks great sounds great preloaded with 1.1.5 firmware. Even when fast forward or rewinding DVR seem a lot quicker wonder if it has a better processer.
Your DVR forward/rewinds faster because of your TV? It is all hallucinations.

It is all about quality. That is the picture.
JVC DLA-RS20, NEC XG-1352LC 8" CRT, 106" wide StudioTek 130 screen
CaspianM is offline  
post #2135 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Member
 
Umpire20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

In their "special bulletin" on the chip problem that led to LCD panel failures, Vizio said that they were contacting customers with TVs in the affected serial number range. Has anybody received such a notice? I had one of the affected TVs, which I registered with Vizio, although I had already received a replacement before the bulletin. I just want to make sure that Vizio is following up on their promise to proactively inform affected customers of the problem and warranty extension.

My TV is a " 46 " serial number, which fortunately doesn't have issues. BUT, Vizio has NOT contacted me regarding the issues they are having.

My set is working great and I just recommended to a friend in NJ that he buy one. He did yesterday through Amazon for $888.00.biggrin.gif Today Amazon has the price back up to $999.00. eek.gif
Umpire20 is offline  
post #2136 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Newbie
 
Aquasonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have a S/N 46 and have not been contacted by Vizio.

I have had limited problems up to this point, noted by my posts in this thread, with the voice sync becoming more noticeable recently. I'm riding it out for now.
Aquasonic is offline  
post #2137 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
RichardCarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquasonic View Post

I also have a S/N 46 and have not been contacted by Vizio.

I have had limited problems up to this point, noted by my posts in this thread, with the voice sync becoming more noticeable recently. I'm riding it out for now.

I doubt Vizio has any intention of chasing down every owner to hold their hand over this. The problem has not affected all units, most have failed in the first few months of service. I would guess if it's going to fail because of this defective chip it will do so sooner rather than later at which point most sentient beings will pick up the phone and call Vizio.

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
RichardCarver is offline  
post #2138 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

I doubt Vizio has any intention of chasing down every owner to hold their hand over this. The problem has not affected all units, most have failed in the first few months of service. I would guess if it's going to fail because of this defective chip it will do so sooner rather than later at which point most sentient beings will pick up the phone and call Vizio.

Vizio's "Special Bulletin" states otherwise:

"VIZIO is proactively communicating with its customers through direct contact with registered owners, through VIZIO’s retailers and through online and social media about the potential issue, what to look for, and how to reach VIZIO’s dedicated support team to receive help."

The "Special Bulletin" also states: "VIZIO has promptly notified its customers of the possible issue so that affected users can have their units repaired or replaced free of charge."

The definition of "proactive" is "acting in advance to deal with an expected difficulty; anticipatory"--not waiting until after the problem happens. I think all of this implies that they have notified all registered customers in the affected serial number range of the possible problem. Apparently, that is not the case.

I had a positive feeling about Vizio before getting my TV. My feeling went negative when my TV failed, and it became very negative after getting the run-around from their support department. Then, I was more optimistic when they released the bulletin, but my feeling has gone a bit negative again now that I realize they are not following through with their promise to inform affected owners. Very sad.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2139 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Senior Member
 
RichardCarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
through VIZIO’s retailers and through online and social media

Where does it say Vizio is going to pick up the phone and call you or write you a letter? You are aware of it what more do you want?

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
RichardCarver is offline  
post #2140 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

through VIZIO’s retailers and through online and social media

Where does it say Vizio is going to pick up the phone and call you or write you a letter? You are aware of it what more do you want?

Ummm, the six words before the part you quoted out of context: "through direct contact with registered owners". They have the email addresses and other contact information, as well as the serial numbers, for the customers who registered, and I think they are probably technologically capable of sending the special bulletin by email to everybody on that list. It just doesn't seem like a great deal of effort, particularly because they said they were promptly and proactively contacting registered owners directly.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2141 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Member
 
JeffKinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Had my Vizio for 90 days now (serial # 41) and in the past week or two I have been noticing clouding and pixelation (the best work I can use to describe, see photos) during black/dark scenes.

Contacted Vizio and sent them these pics as well, and they are sending me a new unit in 10-14 business day. Very easy to work with and they were very friendly. Glad they made it an easy process.


2013-02-21 19.12.26.jpg 688k .jpg file

2013-02-21 19.12.43.jpg 686k .jpg file

2013-02-21 19.20.32.jpg 732k .jpg file

2013-02-21 19.20.52.jpg 730k .jpg file

2013-02-21 19.28.12.jpg 996k .jpg file

2013-02-21 19.28.30.jpg 939k .jpg file


Photos taken during Dark Knight Rises.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-21 19.12.26.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	687.6 KB
ID:	67329   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-21 19.12.43.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	685.9 KB
ID:	67331   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-21 19.20.32.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	732.4 KB
ID:	67332   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-21 19.20.52.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	730.3 KB
ID:	67333   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-21 19.28.12.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	995.5 KB
ID:	67334  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-21 19.28.30.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	939.0 KB
ID:	67336  
saltwatersul likes this.
JeffKinslow is offline  
post #2142 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
RichardCarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

Ummm, the six words before the part you quoted out of context: "through direct contact with registered owners". They have the email addresses and other contact information, as well as the serial numbers, for the customers who registered, and I think they are probably technologically capable of sending the special bulletin by email to everybody on that list. It just doesn't seem like a great deal of effort, particularly because they said they were promptly and proactively contacting registered owners directly.

"through direct contact with registered owners through VIZIO’s retailers and through online and social media

OK if it helps you understand exactly what they are saying let's put those words in as well, still says the exact same thing.

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
RichardCarver is offline  
post #2143 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Member
 
Badfish740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Finally finished my basement renovation project-my 49 serial number Vizio is still going strong!



The lack of sharpness in the picture is the camera, not the TV-I wasn't using a flash because it was washing everything out and the motion capture wasn't that good as a result-I'm no pro photographer. The full writeup on the project is here for anyone who's interested:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1459690/three-year-family-room-project-finally-done
Badfish740 is offline  
post #2144 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Member
 
EvilCamaroSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got my replacement set today, S/N WAP07

The picture seems better than the 2x 46 and 2x 47 S/N I had previously. Significantly less clouding on the black screen, and these are right out of the box.

I haven't had a chance to put in some custom settings for picture yet, but I will report back.
EvilCamaroSS is offline  
post #2145 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

...OK if it helps you understand exactly what they are saying let's put those words in as well, still says the exact same thing.

This has devolved into a parsing or words, but from the bulletin: "VIZIO is proactively communicating with its customers through direct contact with registered owners, through VIZIO’s retailers and through online and social media about the potential issue, what to look for, and how to reach VIZIO’s dedicated support team to receive help."

I think any reasonable person (in the legal sense) would interpret that sentence as follows:

Vizio is using three methods to communicate with its customers whether or not their TVs have lost their picture yet: (1) through direct contact with registered owners of the TVs, (2) through the retailers that sell the TVs, and (3) through online and social media. And Vizio is providing three types of information with each of the three methods: (1) what the potential issue is, (2) what to look for to identify the issue, and (3) how to reach Vizio support for help.

Even if you remove commas and context and try to twist that sentence into something you wish it says, there is no way that "direct contact with registered owners" can be carried out through retailers and online media. If Vizio did not intend to proactively directly contact registered owners about the potential issue, then they should have just left that part out of their bulletin.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2146 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
RichardCarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

This has devolved into a parsing or words, but from the bulletin: "VIZIO is proactively communicating with its customers through direct contact with registered owners, through VIZIO’s retailers and through online and social media about the potential issue, what to look for, and how to reach VIZIO’s dedicated support team to receive help."

I think any reasonable person (in the legal sense) would interpret that sentence as follows:

Vizio is using three methods to communicate with its customers whether or not their TVs have lost their picture yet: (1) through direct contact with registered owners of the TVs, (2) through the retailers that sell the TVs, and (3) through online and social media. And Vizio is providing three types of information with each of the three methods: (1) what the potential issue is, (2) what to look for to identify the issue, and (3) how to reach Vizio support for help.

Even if you remove commas and context and try to twist that sentence into something you wish it says, there is no way that "direct contact with registered owners" can be carried out through retailers and online media. If Vizio did not intend to proactively directly contact registered owners about the potential issue, then they should have just left that part out of their bulletin.



I'm pretty sure it means what it says. wink.gif I don't think you'll be getting a letter or a phone call from Vizio. But there's a good chance you'll get it through a Vizio retailer, or online or perhaps through social media. biggrin.gif

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
RichardCarver is offline  
post #2147 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
iautotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

Vizio is using three methods to communicate with its customers whether or not their TVs have lost their picture yet: (1) through direct contact with registered owners of the TVs, (2) through the retailers that sell the TVs, and (3) through online and social media. And Vizio is providing three types of information with each of the three methods: (1) what the potential issue is, (2) what to look for to identify the issue, and (3) how to reach Vizio support for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

I'm pretty sure it means what it says. wink.gif I don't think you'll be getting a letter or a phone call from Vizio. But there's a good chance you'll get it through a Vizio retailer, or online or perhaps through social media. biggrin.gif

Is this a possible solution:
Why not just pick up the phone and call THEM and get yourself and your set on record instead of waiting for them to contact YOU, insuring to some degree that you haven't "fallen through the cracks"?

VIZIO:
PHONE: (877) 698-4946 (1-877-69-VIZIO)


Gene smile.gif

VIZIO M602i-B3 SN: Q51 (MFR December 15-21 2014)
VIZIO E601i-A3 SN:WAN50 (MFR
December 10-16 2012)
NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual-Band Router
PLEX, SERVIIO, TVersity Media Servers
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
iautotron is offline  
post #2148 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It is not reasonable to think that retailers like Costco, let alone Walmart and the rest, would be willing to send Vizio's bulletin to all of the customers who bought the TVs at their stores, even if it were possible. How many here have received that bulletin from the retailers where they bought their TVs? I haven't and don't expect to. The extent of the retailer portion of the initiative was likely the exchange of defective stock that has been widely reported here, which I give credit to Vizio for doing.

I (and others on this forum) know about the bulletin, because somebody (I believe iautotron) posted a link to Vizio's Twitter announcement of it. However, that tweet has long ago fallen off the bottom of their Twitter page, and I see no evidence of it on Vizio's Facebook page. Also, Vizio has only ~146,000 followers on its Facebook page and ~12,000 on its Twitter feed, and how is Vizio going to use other online media to magically find their customers? That's all silliness.

The other 99% of Vizio's customers are not aware of the bulletin. If their TVs fail within the (known to them) one-year express warranty period, they will get their TVs repaired like any other problem TV during that time. However, for the TVs that fail in the second year, it is only a proportion of customers who will be resourceful enough to discover that there was a warranty extension due to the defective chip assembly.

If Vizio would just do what they said they would do biggrin.gif and directly contact all registered customers (e.g., send them an email with the bulletin), then the customers would know they are covered in the second year. And Vizio could probably send that email using less man-hours of effort than we have expended debating it here. biggrin.gif

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2149 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Member
 
austin3169285's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb5dx View Post

I wonder if there is any way to test that theory. Or simply find out definitively.[/quoteAlso I saved all my picture settings and when I put them in the new tv they looked nothing like before.Got different a settings in now and it looks better then ever.
austin3169285 is offline  
post #2150 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
iautotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinke View Post

I (and others on this forum) know about the bulletin, because somebody (I believe iautotron) posted a link to Vizio's Twitter announcement of it.

Giving credit where credit is due splinke, that link was posted by forum member EricWilley in his post a couple of weeks ago, which I myself responded to here.

Bottom line, it's communication like this that keeps us all abreast of what's going on within our Vizio 60" E601i-A3 community, so thanks goes to EricWilley for the heads-up.

Gene smile.gif

VIZIO M602i-B3 SN: Q51 (MFR December 15-21 2014)
VIZIO E601i-A3 SN:WAN50 (MFR
December 10-16 2012)
NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual-Band Router
PLEX, SERVIIO, TVersity Media Servers
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
iautotron is offline  
post #2151 of 3929 Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
splinke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

Giving credit where credit is due splinke, that link was posted by forum member EricWilley in his post a couple of weeks ago...

Thanks for correcting that and to EricWilley. I guess I remembered your reply rather than his original post. We may disagree about what Vizio should do to inform its customers, but we can all agree that forums like this are very valuable to share information and help others...and perhaps even hold Vizio's feet to the fire a bit? smile.gif

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
splinke is offline  
post #2152 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
rickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post

Finally finished my basement renovation project-my 49 serial number Vizio is still going strong!

The lack of sharpness in the picture is the camera, not the TV-I wasn't using a flash because it was washing everything out and the motion capture wasn't that good as a result-I'm no pro photographer. The full writeup on the project is here for anyone who's interested:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1459690/three-year-family-room-project-finally-done

Looks like a real nice job!

rick
rickie is offline  
post #2153 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Member
 
jeffloby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Caryville,Tennessee
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Vizio went black last night. S/N 44, bought at Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving Day. Called Vizio, 5 minutes on phone. New set in 8-11 business days. No run around on their end.
jeffloby is offline  
post #2154 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM
sls
Member
 
sls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got me Vizio today at BB...very good deal, they matched the $799 price this Pres week at BJ's...
set up was simple, picture wonderful....

QUESTION - My S/N is LFTRN WAP0217189...does anyone know what this means?
I thought all the numbers were in the 40's???
sls is offline  
post #2155 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Member
 
lankadragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls View Post

Just got me Vizio today at BB...very good deal, they matched the $799 price this Pres week at BJ's...
set up was simple, picture wonderful....

QUESTION - My S/N is LFTRN WAP0217189...does anyone know what this means?

I thought all the numbers were in the 40's???

Serial WAP 02 means that your TV was made in 2013 on the second week of January. The 2012 TVs were made with the WAN designation.
lankadragon is offline  
post #2156 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
sls
Member
 
sls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks...any known issues with this production?
sls is offline  
post #2157 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Member
 
jason2799's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys I'm having trouble getting mine to show 1080p. I have my PS3 hooked up via HDMI 1.4 and every game I play or blue ray I watch, if I hit info while the movie is playing it says 1080i. I was watching Avengers this morning and I know it's 1080p, so i hit info on my Vizio remote and sure enough it says 1080i. Am I missing something??? How do I get it to say 1080p!!
jason2799 is offline  
post #2158 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i noticed lip-sync with my WAN49 i just got from amazon. Note, it was only on netflix that i have noticed. i went to +3 and it was ok.\

latest firmware too
Morphx2 is offline  
post #2159 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Member
 
shaft103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone else had to adjust their horizontal and vertical size to +2? I noticed today that without that there was a tiny bit of screen not being used on all sides.
shaft103 is offline  
post #2160 of 3929 Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Member
 
jason2799's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yeah when I put in the Dark Night rises on bluray there was a green line all the way across the bottom. I had to go in and adjust the horizontal size.
jason2799 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off