Originally Posted by schex
yes I would like to figure out how to do this as well.
I have only one HDMI out from my receiver to the Viz - what else do I need to do??? Thanks
1. Make sure your HDMI cable is "HDMI version 1.4-compliant".
2. Attach one end of the HDMI cable to the "HDMI 1" port on the Vizio E601i-A3 TV (that is the one that supports ARC).
3. Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to the port on your receiver that supports ARC.
4. On your receiver, do the following:
4a. Make sure it is set to the output to which you attached the HDMI cable
4b. Make any other necessary settings changes on your receiver to activate ARC, including putting it in "discoverable" mode--check your manual (e.g., on some Onkyo receivers, set "HDMI Ctrl [RIHD]" to "On".)
5. On the Vizio E601i-A3 TV, do the following:
5a. Menu > Audio > Advanced Audio > Digital Audio Out > Dolby Digital
5b. Menu > Audio > TV Speakers > Off
5c. Menu > Settings > CEC Settings > CEC Function > Enable
5d. Menu > Settings > CEC Settings > System Audio Control > On
5e. Menu > Settings > CEC Settings > Device Discovery (your receiver should be found)
6. If there is a problem, try turning off both the TV and the receiver, turn them both back on, and retry step 5e.