NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 37
My just under 2 year old 55" 3D series 7 TV that's hardly ever used, my projector is the main television, started experiencing the known strobe light effect that is associated with the power supply. The television has probably less than 500 hours on it. A quick internet search reveals that this is a known fault with Samsung televisions.

After a very frustrating telephone call to Samsung Canada Customer Service, Richard whom is the top dog, as he calls himself, he has no boss (that's what he told me) and I guess....he must own Samsung??? must be nice to have no boss and no one to answer to, I can't believe this arrogant F%#K represents this company! He told me my television model was not on the list of televisions with the strobe problem so tuff luck, fix it yourself or buy a new one. I asked him if he got 600 calls about the same issue it's still an unknown issue? "Yes sir, that's what I'm saying. Only the engineering department can make it a known fault and sir, they are not going to do that!"

Nice!

I will never buy a Samsung product again and recommend that people DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT, EVER!! the only way a company will fix their customer service and stand behind their product is if people stop buying them! send them a message and tell them that we as consumers dictate a companies success. If they want to be successful, they will have to provide a good reliable product and stand behind it when issues, no...known issues arise.

Thank god I have an Epson projector! I will forever be an Epson customer, their customer service is top notch!

BUYER BEWARE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ugh! I know exactly what that's like! I had something very similar with a Samsung 32" LCD. I used it for about a year and a half, stored it for another year after that, then decided to use it again, but when I plugged it in......

Not only did it not come on, but I saw SMOKE!!!!!!

It was still under warranty so I took it to Best Buy, but it was claimed unrepairable, so they exchanged it for a different Samsung 32". It hasn't bit the dust yet, but it could before too long. Samsung seems to be a popular brand, but I have heard they're known for not lasting long at all.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Liked: 12
Wow, you should feel privileged to have spoken with the boss of Samsung.
post #4 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 201
an excellent reason to buy an extended warranty (not from Samsung directly but from a retailer)
post #5 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 37
You know what, if the television was used more often this problem might have happened within the warranty period but unfortunately it is rarely used. It has probably fewer than 500 hours on it.

I think manufactures should have a wear and tear (hourly based) type warranty rather than a yearly based warranty. Maybe a 1000 hour warranty??? Still I think a company like Samsung should stand behind their product and deal with known fault issues, ALL companies should do this. This isn't something that went on it out of the blue, it's a KNOWN FAULT! But I guess if people keep buying there is no reason to improve customer service. I guess the lack of buying a certain product starts with one and I'm sure I'm just one on a long list of those who'll never buy from them again. Hopefully they start to lose market share and some door knob who works for them, making 100 grand a year figures out the problem...like that's tough to do, and starts with looking after their customer base.

They could have dealt with the known issue and had a Samsung customer for life. This customer would have recommended this company to all his friends who were looking to buy, now just a warning.

Fixing or allowing a recall outside the warranty period is nothing new in the retail world. Companies that have respect for consumers believe in this type of policy and yes there are a bunch of companies like this around, I thought Samsung would be a company like this because they seem very successful. Maybe they are believing their own hype and that might start to bite them in the end.

Well enough of my rant, fool me once..........
post #6 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 AM

Liked: 11
Welcome to the world of Samsung! Mine died after only 2 years (capacitors), died again during year 3 (capacitors), repaired again a couple months after that and now needs repaired again. The first 2 repairs were covered by the extended warranty I bought but it obviously wasn't long enough to keep a Samsung working. I would never buy another one.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Gee this topic is not surprising. I have always said Samsung was overrated and their customer service was garbage and that is why I avoid all their products.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page