Vizio 70 LCD or Sharp 70? or should I go with a 65" LCD? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
70" for $2000 seems like the sweet spot. Should I go for 70 or go with 65"?

When is the Vizio 70 coming out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
70" for $2000 is a steal. where can you get that?
lc70le640u is a little over $2000.
lc70le745u is a little far away from your budget.
comparison here, http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/10/sharp-lc70le640u-vs-lc70le745u.html
post #3 of 5 Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 131
If the reviews for the new Vizio 70" are the same as the ones I've read on the 60" it will be a serious player in my book. Saw the Sharp 70LE632 for $1899 this week. Would love to see a head to head between the Sharp and the Vizio.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
70 in 6400 has been on sale at Costco all month for $1999 but just checking in the other day and they didn't have any in stock at my outlet. That has been my target TV - I'm in a very similar boat than Mysterious, But I have been a little hesitant in pulling the trigger on the Sharp 640 or 6400 because of a lot of picture quality issues that have been reported on its forums. However, I take a lot of those with a grain of salt - I just think when a TV gets to that size, uniformity of perfect picture quality is really hard and they have not perfected it. So you get uneven lighting, etc. At this size, I'm not sure the premium you will pay for the Samsung and higher brands is worth the tradeoff.

The 65 in Samsungs will get you a completely stripped down version for 2k without even internet access and with minimal bells. And I'm not certain the similar sized TVs at 50-100% premium have enough of a picture improvement to justify the price difference. For example, take a look at reviews of the higher end larger Samsung forums, or the higher series Sharps, and you still see enough complaints to confirm my theory that you can always pick large TVs apart on some level.

So that brings me back to Vizio. I've had a Vizio 55in 552. Been moderately happy overall, but extremely disappointed in one flaw, a smallish dark discoloration that I've never been happy with (but others can't even see). Swore to myself that I wouldn't get another Vizio but these new lines seem to be amazing and are right at the price point of $2k for the 70 in. I posted some more details on the Vizio 70 E701i-A3 forum. However most people say Vizio takes forever to get them to market so I wouldn't hold your breadth on when it will appear.

For my 2 cents, I'd go with the 70 Sharp 6400 from Costco today, and likely the Vizio assuming it comes out before Christmas and is as good as the review fro the 60 in that was posted recently. I wouldn't go smaller to upgrade in picture quality, as I think the size differential is much more dramatic than the picture improvement.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I would give a little more confidence to Vizio coming out with the 70' because they already came out with the 60" model. The $1899 price for the 70 Sharp was at Fry's. Unless I was in a hurry I would wait to see how the Vizio stacks up to the Sharp. As long as you buy either from Costco you're not taking too much of a chance thanks to their 90 day return policy and doubling of the factory warranty.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page