Is it possible to find a unit without flash lighting out of corners? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm returning my set this week. I noticed flash in all 4 corners of my unit. It's really only noticeable during no input or black screen while playing blackops or a little while watching a movie with black bars. I read forum and adjusted settings to no avail. Am I being too picky? For the money I spent I feel the tv should not have a flaw that bothers the he'll out of me. Is it possible to find a set with little or no light flash in corners? Thanks I love the tv otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Liked: 13
What set do you have now? I don't know of any LCD/LED tv's that have no issues. Backlight bleed, flashlighting, banding and clouding are still an issue. Most of the time you'll get a set that one issue stands out more then the rest. For example my LED has no flashlighting but noticeable clouding in some content

I remember before Full Array came out it was said that all our issues would be gone with the newer technology but even full array LED's are prone to have some issues as well. I personally don't believe we as a customer will be able to get away from these issues until technology is away from LCD. These issues we are all dealing with seem to be inherent to the technology
post #3 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

My set is lg7600. I like it otherwise. But really should all 4 corners have bleeding? The 6700 on display a bb didn't seem to have tis issue. They had no lm7600 on display. I realize no tv is perfect. I was just wondering if it's possible someone out there has one with no flash in corners or would I be wasting me time exchanging it.
post #4 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 PM

You said something that was a HUGE red flag for me. " The 6700 on display a bb didn't seem to have this issue" Please be aware that viewing a TV in a store with the very bright overhead lights will show none of the issues until you get it home and have a much dimmer ambient lighting.

You can help reduce your issue a bit with ambient lighting in your home when you watch TV. Try to have the lighting in front of you (possible next to the TV) and make sure you don't have the backlight up too high on your set. Ambient light will reduce what your eyes will perceive as darkness

For example here is my setup

1.jpg
post #5 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
I just brought an LG 47LM6400 home from Costco this morning and so far have seen no clouding or flashlighting (my previous Sony KDL-46EX710 had horrendous flashlighting on the whole right quarter of the screen) and almost indescernable dse or banding (I know what that looks like from the Sony too.) Maybe I just got lucky but I haven't had to drop the backllight down to really low levels to disguise anything like I had to with the Sony.

My particular Sony was noted for poor perfoemance as far as flashlighting--other models and othe sizes of the EX710 weren't as bad.

Steve S.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yea I was thinking same thing. I just want to know if someone owned this tv without these issues. Is it possible if I exchange for another it could be without these issues, or I'm wasting my time and should just live with it. Btw nice set up night.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM

Thanks! Well some of the reviews I saw on your TV did say there was issues with uniformity so it's a hit or miss. You could return your set and get another one with worse issues so keep that in mind. Can you post pictures of a black screen with no ambient light so we can all see how bad it is? Just make sure you turn off your camera flash
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page