Anyone here use Sharp's OPC mode? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just wanting feedback to see if anyone here use the "OPC" mode that Sharp LCD/LED tv's have and your opinion on if it works good or not. When I use it on my Sharp LC-60LE832U either at night or during the day it must think my room light is very low or none because as soon as I turn it on it turns my backlight all the way to the lowest setting and shows all "energy" leafs on so I assume that the sensor isn't sensitive enough to know I have light's on in my home? The only way it will automatically turn up the backlight is if I shine a flashlight at the sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I use mine, though sparingly. I set the minimum at '0' instead of a negative value.
I set the maximum at full value on 'User' setting, but had to use a lower setting when on 'Standard' to avoid luminance clipping.
Setting the minimum below '0' results in muddying of the picture with inadequate 'drive' or contrast.
Mine is quite sensitive, but a room light is not nearly as powerful as daylight -- why do you want it to react to low-level light?
The purpose is to adjust the picture to the surroundings. A simple lamp is not going to make your eyes perceive the screen more dimly,
so the screen doesn't need to compensate for it. Have you tried different values of minimum and maximum? Also, shut off the visual display
and let your perception be the judge rather than the number of leaves displayed. That might be your problem right there.
Maybe you got a set with a faulty photometer? I doubt it...
post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not the way my setup is the ambient light does have a big impact to my perception. The way I have it setup you would think the TV sensor would pick it up. Here is my setup only difference is I have a Sharp now. With the two lamps on the TV still drops the backlight to the lowest and I would think that that's enough light to raise the backlight. This setup does work great for black perception, maybe it's just the way it's setup

1.jpg
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page