3D glasses compare. an3dg30 vs. an3dg20b - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-14-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In June I got my 60inch Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D tv. When I got the tv I also purchased some Sharp 3D glasses, model numbe AN3DG20B.

They've worked well, but I only got 2 pairs.

Today I went and purchased 2 more pairs of glasses, but all Best Buy had was AN3DG30. The box said they were compatible with Sharp AQUOS LCD tvs, but Mine is a LED/LCD.

So far they seem to work fine, does anyone know the difference between the two models? Maybe the 30's are newer? They are stiled differently, but seem to be the same quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 AM

Liked: 14
Is the ghosting/crosstalk on the new glasses any better? I have two of the 20-model glasses, they work fine but the amount of ghosting leaves room for improvement, plus I need a 3rd pair anyway. I don't know if it's possible for the glasses to be any better, or if they'll have to improve it in the next TV models.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post

Is the ghosting/crosstalk on the new glasses any better? I have two of the 20-model glasses, they work fine but the amount of ghosting leaves room for improvement, plus I need a 3rd pair anyway. I don't know if it's possible for the glasses to be any better, or if they'll have to improve it in the next TV models.

Well I watched Prometheus in 3D last night and it was probably the best 3D movie I've seen so far on Blu Ray. Anyway, I did look through both glasses and I felt the 30's had a better picture. But I'm not sure how much of that is real and how much of that is just in my head.

The glasses seem lighter, the 3D switch and light are also on top of the glasses, much easier to see. I prefer them over the 20B
post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 AM

Hello, I just want to respond for anyone else like me out there who was wondering this very same thing and googled it - and was directed here pretty much.

I prefer the 20B's over the 30's. As far as picture quality, I'm the opposite, I believe the 20B's looked better for picture quality, but that could be in my head as well. But one thing for sure is the cosmetics and comfort of the 20B's. The 30's are more narrow, and the lens frame is smaller. They stick out far from the face to me to. Like Cyclops glasses to me. When I first put them on it immediately noticed how uncomfortable they were compared to my Samsung 3D glasses. My Sharp 844U 80 Inch has a l o t of crosstalk. I don't know if its my model, or other people don't notice it. It's only in background though, the main character or scene looks great, but watching Prometheus for me was horrible at scenes, it was basically like watching the background scenes with no glasses at all, everything was double.

So I decided to get the 20B's (My original plan when I first started looking in 3D glasses) to see if just mmayybee it was the glasses. The 20B's are way more comfortable. The lens is big on it making it feel like REAL glasses. The viewing area just feels larger, and its closer to the face. So wit that being said, the quality seemed a little better, but who knows.

Hope this helps.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page