Need Help Finding a Tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I have been attempting to find a tv that suits my needs, and people kept recommending coming here to ask for help (so sorry if this is not the place). I am looking for a tv that will be around $500 (it can be more just sort of range, still want the best possible). I will mostly be using it for gaming on my xbox, my computer, and watching the four major sports (not in HD though) on Comcast. I will also watch regular tv shows like comedies, but I am not sure about how much movies I will watch on it. If I do watch a movie I would like to be great, but I suppose the others take precedence. I originally thought LED's were the way to go, but now I keep seeing how great plasma's can be with their response time, no soap opera affect, and great contrast ratio. I'm looking for about a 46" or 47" tv. I have been looking for a desk to hold to the tv and be able to do school work, but I can't really seem to find a desk long enough to fit the tv and my school (I don't know why but I can only find L-shaped desks!). So I have been thinking about mounting the tv, but I just found my wall has somewhat thin drywall so I am not sure how a plasma will fair on said wall ( could be completely off-base, never mounted a tv before. In conclusion, the search has just made me more confused and I sure could use some guidance! Also of note my laptop can play 3d, but it is not by any means a necessity. Also I willing to purchase a used or refurbished tv from a reputable site if the tv is great in quality and fits my price range. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I have had one of these for about a year now and I love it! I originally bought it to use as a computer monitor, but I also use it with my PS3 for 3D gaming, and with a Comcast HD-capable tuner for movies and TV shows. Onboard audio quality is lacking, but I now have it connected to a Sony soundbar and couldn't be happier.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E3D420VX-Class-Theater-Internet/dp/B004U5T2OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350306602&sr=8-1&keywords=Vizio+3D+TV
post #3 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Preciate it, and anybody else got other tips (just trying to look at all the options)?
post #4 of 6 Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 AM

Liked: 12
you may try cheaper alternative, Panasonic TC-L42U5.
Compare E3D420VX and TC-L42U5
http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/10/e3d420vx-vs-tc-l42u5.html
post #5 of 6 Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

I have had one of these for about a year now and I love it! I originally bought it to use as a computer monitor, but I also use it with my PS3 for 3D gaming, and with a Comcast HD-capable tuner for movies and TV shows. Onboard audio quality is lacking, but I now have it connected to a Sony soundbar and couldn't be happier.
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E3D420VX-Class-Theater-Internet/dp/B004U5T2OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350306602&sr=8-1&keywords=Vizio+3D+TV

Interesting you use it for gaming, I currently have a Vizio e420vl which has horrible input lag, which is noticeable when playing older games. I've been looking to replace it with a Panasonic TCL47E50, or a Samsung.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

I suppose a final bump for help. I am wondering if anyone has a specific models that they have seen are worthwhile. Thanks.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page