Sharp LC-60LE600U Help. Picture is too dark, won't get brighter. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went and bought the 60 inch Sharp LED (LC-60LE600U) from best buy about a week ago and im having this issue with it. I originally bought a LCD tv from best buy but I was not to happy with the picture so I returned it for the LED I have now. My problem is that the picture is too dark and changing the brightness to a higher setting does nothing but give everything a grey look. I originally noticed this while playing Resident Evil 6 (a fairly dark game). I had no problems on the LCD in terms of brightness with the same game. (The reason I returned it was motion blur) Playing on the LED I can barely see anything. I bought a calibration disk of amazon (the Disney one) and tried calibrating the brightness with that but its the same problem. Even at max brightness I still can't see the squares that I should be seeing at normal brightness while calibrating. So whats going on? Is there a hidden darkness setting that I don't know about? I have the OPC turned off and its on USER settings so im not sure what im doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Use the Contrast setting to increase brightness.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the contrast set to max (40). Still no luck. The darks are way too dark, the whites are too bright. Horrible set, but you actually get what you pay for.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 37
what about Backlight? Should be able to get an extremely bright and reasonably acceptable picture with any LED-lit TV set to 50% backlight, 90% contrast and 55% brightness.. Unless the set severely crushes black., almost all current LED-lit models do to some extent to copy plasma blacks.. And fail miserably at that..

Insert pithy comment here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc60le600u Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread