So I'm really unhappy with the UN60eh6000 and need a different tv asap... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-27-2012, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all, most of this is my own fault. I thought I would be sitting further back than I actually am. Plus, by getting an entry level type of tv, it was even worse. My problem is that the tv looks nasty. NOTHING like it should. I have all the connections correct, through hdmi, and unless I stand 10 feet back (which looks gorgeous when I do), the tv, whether its movies or games, has issues with the clarity and sharpness of the picture. I also spent a great deal of time messing with the settings, and there is nothing I can do about it.

So, I need a new tv asap, for my big housewarming I'm having tommorow for football sunday.

I am sitting about 6 feet 8 inches from the screen at its closest point (for video game playing) When watching movies, the viewing range is between 7'2" and 8 feet. Could I pull off a 55 here, or should I suck it up and just get a 50 or a 52

I definitely want my tv to be big, but within reason as I don't want to see any of the graniness and artifacts and pixelization I do now.

3d and all that would be nice but not needed. Budget, IF I'm getting a great deal, can be in the $1600 range, but I'd prefer to spend around $900-$1300.

Some models I have been looking at so far have been the Panasonic PN55VT50, which Best Buy has open box for roughly $1600.
Others were some LG 55's LED, and Samsung both Plasma AND led.

I also need some suggestions of highly rated, non entry level tvs. anyone? Thanks a ton!

ps I do love the brightness of LED (although not needed as tv will be in a not too lit up room). It draws you into such a nice bright picture. However, I also like Plasmas realistic colors. If I could find a bright Plasma, I think that might end up being the perfect match.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60eh6000 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page