Sony HX850 Stand/Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm considering buying an HX850 and have been reading a lot of reviews. Something I'm a bit confused about is the frequently mentioned metal stand/soundbar. Some reviews say it's included with the set while other reviews talk about a regular plastic stand as standard. Is the metal stand/soundbar only included in the Euro version (I live in the U.S.)? And if that stand is not standard for U.S. customers is it available separately, and if so, where?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Yeah I think it was included in the European version. They are known as a bunchin stand.
But for some reason Sony USA stopped selling these on their website http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-TV-Stand-for-55-Inch-KDL-55HX850/en/p/SUB553S#features

I have one for my 55"NX810 and the bunchin stand I got is universal because it came with different power socket connectors for different regions. I'm assuming it's the same with this stand (but I could be wrong) and so you can try ordering it from out of the country. My stand was made in Malaysia.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 285
The HX750 was sold overseas with a metal stand as well but for some reason not included here in the U.S. Sucks really because I like the look of it and I even asked Sony Support about it and they didnt have a clue to what I was talking about or had no knowledge of it. What? But I guess Sony Europe is different from Sony U.S.A. All I know is if I could get my hands on one I would get it.

Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S6200 3D Blu ray Player.
Sony 5.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH540.
Center Channel Speaker: Tivoli Signature Series.
Tower Speakers: Sony SS-MF315's.
Surrounds: Pioneer Satellite Speakers.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10

As a (potential) HX850 buyer I do feel kind of snubbed by Sony. I'm sure they have their reasons for not including it in the U.S. version (maybe Sony believes Europe is more style conscious) but it's still disappointing. The plastic stand may be practical and useful (and perfectly fine) but it's a big step down from the metal version.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page