Official Vizio M650VSE Owners Thread! - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got a call today, mine is being delivered tomorrow although its for Christmas so it will not be opened for a while.

Is banding normal?
If you have banding can a replacement fix the issue or Is it something that will be present on all?

Is there a delay in audio for general tv/bluray?
Nothing drives me nuts more then the words not matching someone's mouth.

Tia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 PM

Liked: 14
Mine has banding but I don't find it to be a big deal. It's only ever noticeable with solid color backgrounds, like on the Netflix loading screen from our Blu Ray player. So it's there, and based on previous posts it sounds like its a common issue with this TV. But I don't think it's that big of a deal and not something you even notice the majority of the time.
post #363 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 PM

I like my picture bright and vibrant
I also changed my Fios set top box setting to 720p to help with artifacting. Not sure if it helps
Picture mode Vivid with following adjustments:

Backlight -- 95
Brightness--53
Contrast-- 50
Color-- 57
Tint-- -1
Sharpness--9

Color temp.-- cool
Gains--- untouched

Motion effect-- off
Noise red-- Low
Mpeg. -- Low
Color enhance-- rich color
Adaptive luma-- medium(seems to help with darks)
Film mode-- auto
Backlight control-- off
Ambient light sensor-- off(allows for setting of backlight)

Still may teak. Trying to get it more sharp and less grainy without the artifacting
post #364 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM

I'm one of those who ordered the tv from Sam's Club right at 11pm Wed night (and credit card was charged), then received the "whoops, we oversold" email, then received the email Saturday saying "whoops, we fixed it, and we'll send you instructions on how to re-order for the same price early next week". Well, it's Tuesday night...past the point of being "early next weeK", and still no further instructions. Has anyone else gotten the re-ordering information?
post #365 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanteacher View Post

I'm one of those who ordered the tv from Sam's Club right at 11pm Wed night (and credit card was charged), then received the "whoops, we oversold" email, then received the email Saturday saying "whoops, we fixed it, and we'll send you instructions on how to re-order for the same price early next week". Well, it's Tuesday night...past the point of being "early next weeK", and still no further instructions. Has anyone else gotten the re-ordering information?

I haven't received my email yet either.
post #366 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 PM

anyone having lip sync issues with this set like the 60" and 70" versions? that is really scaring me away from these Vizios
post #367 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanteacher View Post

I'm still waiting too. I've never had so much trouble trying to buy something ever in my life. I hope they allow in store pick up, I'm tired of waiting.
post #368 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM

My M650VSE just isn't what I had hoped for.

Well... I'm one of the "lucky ones" that didn't get his SamsClub online order canceled.

However, when the TV arrived this afternoon, the box was a little beat-up. No punctures - just ruffed up looking. Inside the TV looked perfect until I powered it up. The lower left corner of the screen has what appears to be multiple internal fracture lines and running through that area are several vertical colored lines (top to bottom).

Not so "lucky" any more. This was my first online order from Samsclub so I'm not sure how to proceed. The "return item" option generates a message that says " Item cannot be returned, please contact customer care". It seems that customer care quits a 5:00pm, so tomorrow will tell the tale.
post #369 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 PM

Liked: 11
I had that problem. Go to menu > audio > lip Sync to adjust. Works great.
post #370 of 720 Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Well though I still love this TV I am now looking at this new 70" to see what issue this may have and if the banding is an issue on this set.

If this 70" is as good or better then the 60" that has gotten great reviews and has no banding issue and still looks good on sports and has no ghosting / Halo effect then I may be thinking about taking this 65" back and giving the 70" a go.

Guess I will keep watching to see. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1440682/vizio-e701i-a3-owners-thread
post #371 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myapplebuddy View Post

Mine has banding but I don't find it to be a big deal. It's only ever noticeable with solid color backgrounds, like on the Netflix loading screen from our Blu Ray player. So it's there, and based on previous posts it sounds like its a common issue with this TV. But I don't think it's that big of a deal and not something you even notice the majority of the time.

+1

I noticed vertical banding last night on my set. I don't notice it at all unless I am on a black no input screen. This isn't a concern for me.
post #372 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just received my Samsclub.com online order of this set yesterday. For the money, it certainly seemed quite the deal! I am replacing a M550NV in the family room because this set will perfectly fill the opening and I just couldn't pass it up.

Current setup - all run through the Denon for HDMI control and connection to TV
  • Denon AVR-891
  • M550NV (HDMI1 on TV, TV on Denon)
  • DirecTV HR24-100
  • PS3 (fat)
  • WII

With the M550NV connected, all is working great with respect to CEC, power on/off, switching between OTA and HDMI and sound via the Denon, ... Also have a exact setup in the game room using the 65" 3D of 2 years ago to make it easy on those technically challenged and it functions as expected!

Soooooooo, I un-boxed and manhandled this beast into the enclosure, replugged the Coax, HDMI, ethernet, and power, then completed the initial setup. THEN went to bring up the menu to setup the CEC and oh my gosh was the response slow. 15-30 seconds and MORE at times between button press on the remote and activity for the menu. After finally setting the CEC, it was again SLOW. The TV will actually turn on, the sound will come through the TV speakers for 5 seconds or so and then you'll see the Denon turn on and take over the sound. WORSE yet, at times the TV will switch the input from SAT/CBL on the Denon to TV even though the input selected in the TV is HDMI, not TV (meaning it should not signal to change anything). And I hope you saw the "at times". That's even more scary that it seems random. Now to add one more scare, if the TV does properly power the Denon on with the right input (to be read do not instruct a change) and then you pull up the menu, the TV will instruct the Denon to switch to the TV input for ARC.

This behavior also occurs using the side buttons instead of the remote. Have also "played" with every combo of CEC settings I can. For instance, the 65 3D in the game room functions with CEC AND volume control set to on, the M550NV functions with CEC ON but volume control OFF, and the M650VSE works "best" with both ON, similar to the 65 3D. I also played around with audio out settings of OFF, PCM, and DD in the various CEC/Vol CTRL permutations.

I contacted Vizio support and after an hour, they want to schedule a replacement. Now I'm not too keen about a refurb at this point so I'm hesitant. I'm pretty sure when they call me to schedule I can take care of that (insist on a NEW product) as I did when I got the M550NV replaced. Had very similar CEC issues with the M550NV, they swapped me a NEW TV and still had the SAME problems until about a week later a firmware update came down the wire and everything was AOK. I explained that to the tech but he didn't seem to understand when I asked him when this firmware was released and are they working on any known CEC issues. When I get the call back, I'll try again. My current firmware is 2.31.447 (the tech had a lower rev listed as the most current. BTW - it just took > 2 minutes to pull up the menu to get this FW rev and the TV switched the input on the Denon as the menu displayed).

SO - was shocked to see no CEC discussion or sluggish behavior in this thread. As an owner's thread I would have expected much more of those topics than who has it on sale smile.gif

Is ANYONE successfully using CEC and if so, what are your experiences, setups, ....?
post #373 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30PlusRetlaw View Post

Yesterday while watching "The Walking Dead" My son notice that the screen was dimming and brightening by itself. I notice that also. Is like the brightening when you turn the TV on and off. Does anyone notice this also? or have seen something similar? This happen with a room completely dark at night..

I noticed this "random dimming" too and found out I failed to disable adaptive lumina AND ambient light sensor!!! HATE that "feature".
post #374 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM

So, I've had this TV for 2.5 weeks now. i love everything about it, except that I can't get my Harmony 880 to work with it properly. Since the TV takes a long time to start(load), it doesn't recognize my receiver, a Sony ES5300. So, therefore I have to turn the receiver off and then on again, or turn on each unit one at at time with the receiver being last to start. I've tried to charge the start times of the components among other things and have not been successful. I always thought my Harmony remotes were some of my favorite toys.. Any advise will be greatly appreciated
post #375 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Polk View Post

So, I've had this TV for 2.5 weeks now. i love everything about it, except that I can't get my Harmony 880 to work with it properly. Since the TV takes a long time to start(load), it doesn't recognize my receiver, a Sony ES5300. So, therefore I have to turn the receiver off and then on again, or turn on each unit one at at time with the receiver being last to start. I've tried to charge the start times of the components among other things and have not been successful. I always thought my Harmony remotes were some of my favorite toys.. Any advise will be greatly appreciated

I dumped Harmony YEARS Ago .... I won't use anything other then URC Universal remote controls. Works perfect on these

Here are two that can control anything and are within a regular consumers budget:

http://www.universalremote.com/products/retail/remotes/urc-digital-r50 (the one I have ... can be found for around $70 ... I go to eBay and find em around $50)

http://www.universalremote.com/products/retail/remotes/urc-r40 ($120 on amazon ... this will be my next one)
post #376 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imonarock View Post

I haven't received my email yet either.

I also received an e-mail order confirmation, then an e-mail cancellation and then an email informing me to wait until this week and then order it online using emailed instructions. I still have not received that follow-up e-mail. Has anyone else gotten theirs?
post #377 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM

Can anyone tell me how I can play something through my laptop and have teh audio come through teh TV. there is no audio input. I used the VGA input, but there was no sound coming out of the TV?

Thanks.
post #378 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM

VGA does not carry audio, only Analog video from the computer. To get audio in using the VGA connection, use the 3.5mm PC Audio Input Jack by obtaining a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable. Even Walmart sells them. Check out Page 16 of the user manual for more info: http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/M650VSE/UM_M650VSE.pdf (It's actually page 22 of the PDF file).
post #379 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 PM

Well, I've had this tv set up since black friday and I'm pretty impressed with the cost to quality ratio.. Using tips from this forum I've dialed in the picture well for my tastes, game mode works awesome for black Ops 2,there was minimal lag before and 0 now. turned off the automatic back light and set my Motorola dvr to output video in native then set the tv to panoramic, makes hd channels appear correctly and fills up the screen with sd channels. I have noticed that most if not all tv channels are slightly fuzzy around outlines and in backgrounds and there is some banding as well. sitting back 12 ft its not super noticeable but worth the trade off for great hdmi performance on games and movies.
post #380 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 PM

How do you set the Motorola DVR to output native video? Thanks.
post #381 of 720 Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM

Finally got my M650VSE hung on the wall! biggrin.gif

I'd like it to have been down a bit lower on the wall, but this was the only option provided to my by the Mrs.

To give perspective, the fireplace is 81" wide and over 9' tall at the roof. When powered on the lights aren't that big of a distraction but we'll definitely have them turned off when viewing. It is large, but doesn't overpower the wall like a 70 or an 80 would.

Can't wait to get the full system setup this weekend when I have more time... now, what movie to watch first?!?!
post #382 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh5348 View Post

Definitely changed to "Game" mode under settings and still experiencing slight input delay on bo2 for xbox360. Any additional suggestions to correct or is it time to return to store and get different TV? Vizio customer service was nit helpful and said that this is an issue for all 120hrz TVs because the xbox is 60hrz. Also checked my xbox settings and confirmed it is set on 1080P. Thanks again for the assistance!!!
Are you using hdmi or component? Like I said I didn't notice lag with my laptop and trackpad. I won't be able to test input lag with my Xbox for a while as im at school. Unfortunately I have one of the first 360's that don't have hdmi, so VGA it is. All I can tell you is to make sure you're changing it in the "settings" menu. Otherwise there's really nothing else you can do. Make sure your Xbox is set to output in 1080p.
post #383 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkohlssonov View Post

So let me ask all of you, what should I do. Should I take the $300 hit now or wait till black Friday and try to buy this thing. I have no idea. I mean honestly $300 is not huge but still a significant amount. Should I just return the T.V. from Amazon and wait it out?
Help me out...I'm going Crazy10.gif

Ummmm ... a year is a long time to wait tongue.gif

Black Friday was last week bro ... ya kinda missed the boat. LOL
post #384 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

I just received my Samsclub.com online order of this set yesterday. For the money, it certainly seemed quite the deal! I am replacing a M550NV in the family room because this set will perfectly fill the opening and I just couldn't pass it up.
Current setup - all run through the Denon for HDMI control and connection to TV
  • Denon AVR-891
  • M550NV (HDMI1 on TV, TV on Denon)
  • DirecTV HR24-100
  • PS3 (fat)
  • WII
With the M550NV connected, all is working great with respect to CEC, power on/off, switching between OTA and HDMI and sound via the Denon, ... Also have a exact setup in the game room using the 65" 3D of 2 years ago to make it easy on those technically challenged and it functions as expected!
Soooooooo, I un-boxed and manhandled this beast into the enclosure, replugged the Coax, HDMI, ethernet, and power, then completed the initial setup. THEN went to bring up the menu to setup the CEC and oh my gosh was the response slow. 15-30 seconds and MORE at times between button press on the remote and activity for the menu. After finally setting the CEC, it was again SLOW. The TV will actually turn on, the sound will come through the TV speakers for 5 seconds or so and then you'll see the Denon turn on and take over the sound. WORSE yet, at times the TV will switch the input from SAT/CBL on the Denon to TV even though the input selected in the TV is HDMI, not TV (meaning it should not signal to change anything). And I hope you saw the "at times". That's even more scary that it seems random. Now to add one more scare, if the TV does properly power the Denon on with the right input (to be read do not instruct a change) and then you pull up the menu, the TV will instruct the Denon to switch to the TV input for ARC.
This behavior also occurs using the side buttons instead of the remote. Have also "played" with every combo of CEC settings I can. For instance, the 65 3D in the game room functions with CEC AND volume control set to on, the M550NV functions with CEC ON but volume control OFF, and the M650VSE works "best" with both ON, similar to the 65 3D. I also played around with audio out settings of OFF, PCM, and DD in the various CEC/Vol CTRL permutations.
I contacted Vizio support and after an hour, they want to schedule a replacement. Now I'm not too keen about a refurb at this point so I'm hesitant. I'm pretty sure when they call me to schedule I can take care of that (insist on a NEW product) as I did when I got the M550NV replaced. Had very similar CEC issues with the M550NV, they swapped me a NEW TV and still had the SAME problems until about a week later a firmware update came down the wire and everything was AOK. I explained that to the tech but he didn't seem to understand when I asked him when this firmware was released and are they working on any known CEC issues. When I get the call back, I'll try again. My current firmware is 2.31.447 (the tech had a lower rev listed as the most current. BTW - it just took > 2 minutes to pull up the menu to get this FW rev and the TV switched the input on the Denon as the menu displayed).
SO - was shocked to see no CEC discussion or sluggish behavior in this thread. As an owner's thread I would have expected much more of those topics than who has it on sale smile.gif
Is ANYONE successfully using CEC and if so, what are your experiences, setups, ....?

Anyone?????? Has this forum deteriorated into a sales flyer since the "conversion"? smile.gif
post #385 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM

Has anyone had a problem with the remote having horrible range? I put new name brand batteries in it and I still have to point it directly at the TV and it doesnt work well sideways when I try to use the QWERTY keyboard. Trying to point the end of the remote and type kinda sucks.
post #386 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

I just received my Samsclub.com online order of this set yesterday. For the money, it I can take care of that (insist on a NEW product) as I did when I got the M550NV replaced. Had very similar CEC issues with the M550NV, they swapped me a NEW TV and still had the SAME problems until about a week later a firmware update came down the wire and everything was AOK. I explained that to the tech but he didn't seem to understand when I asked him when this firmware was released and are they working on any known CEC issues. When I get the call back, I'll try again. My current firmware is 2.31.447 (the tech had a lower rev listed as the most current. BTW - it just took > 2 minutes to pull up the menu to get this FW rev and the TV switched the input on the Denon as the menu displayed).

I have the M3D651SV. I only have one component that has CEC, I tried it out just to see what it would do and didn't note any issues, I don't recall having the delays you describe. But since this is the first TV I've had that has CEC, I'm not sure that I would recognize any issues.

Rick
post #387 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM

HI, I'm new to the forum and bought this Black Friday for 998$ at Sams. Let me start by saying I fully believe this to be the tv deal of the year, not a perfect tv but well worth even the 1500$ price tag. Black levels are fair to good, colors are great and features are on par with many more expensive televisions. This is coming from a guy that this moving up from a 50 inch THX Panasonic Plasma. Comparing the two I would actually call the picture pretty close in satisfaction with the Vizio being more Vibrant.

My settings are

Standard pic mode
Backlight: Blacked out for TV (50 for Blu Ray)
Brightness: 51
Contrast: 55
Color: 50
Tint:0 (awaiting Blue Filter Glasses)
Sharpness: 6
Soap Opera Effects On but I constantly switch from show to show
Color Enhancement: normal (rich for gaming input)
Adaptive Luma: Medium
Flim mode: off (on for Blu ray)
Backlight: OPC
Ambient Light Sensor: Medium (off for Blu ray)

Also Gaming lag is apparent but can be greatly improved by going to settings in menu and cutting game mode on. If you don't believe, hook up a pc/laptop to Vizio through HDMI and go to www.humanbenchmark.com and take the benchmark test, do it on a monitor and check your average times, then do it looking at your Vizio with game mode off, you will notice a difference in response time even though it's not completely accurate. Then cut on the game mode and you will see a speed increase much closer to on your pc monitor. I couldn't get below 400 with game mode off.

Anyhow hope this helps a few, this forum is what i used in my decision making process to buy the tv since nobody really has any good reviews out there to read.
post #388 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Troxell View Post

Are you using hdmi or component? Like I said I didn't notice lag with my laptop and trackpad. I won't be able to test input lag with my Xbox for a while as im at school. Unfortunately I have one of the first 360's that don't have hdmi, so VGA it is. All I can tell you is to make sure you're changing it in the "settings" menu. Otherwise there's really nothing else you can do. Make sure your Xbox is set to output in 1080p.

I was using HDMI and confirmed all settings in TV and Xbox was correct. I called Vizio and went through every and all possible settings to no avail. The input delay is not terrible and unnoticeable from looking at it, but has a huge effect when playing fps. Ended up returning to the store and going with a Panasonic plasma that has no input lag.
post #389 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM

If you've been in a holding pattern (like me) and waiting to hear from Sam's Club, check your email...looks like they sent a message to all of us this afternoon. You get until Dec 10 to order it at the $998 price. And there doesn't seem to be too much of a shipping delay. I already called and confirmed my order, and they said I'll received it by Dec 10, so 1 1/2 weeks isn't bad.
post #390 of 720 Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 PM

I've seen lots of people complaining about the sturdiness (or lack thereof) of the factory-shipped base/stand for this TV. We intend to put ours on an entertainment console (already own it) rather than hanging it on the wall. So, are there any suggestions about how to improve the flimsy base?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 65 Inch Razor Led Smart Fhdtv M650vse , Vizio , Led Hdtv , Samsung 65 Inch Class Smart Tv 3d Slim Led Hdtv Un65es6500
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page