Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 720 Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill875 View Post

lorenzeami, Would you be so kind as to share the calibrated settings of your M650VSE? We would all be very grateful to have this information.
I second this request! It would be greatly appreciated for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzeami View Post

Your Denon + good speakers will be way better than most sound bars esp. since most are analog input.
I just ordered a set of MartinLogan MLT-2's to be powered by an older Denon.
So not true. Yamaha YSP's even their entry model that came out way back in 05 had both optical and coaxial digital input. Their newer models like the YSP 5100 have full HDMI switching with all the latest audio Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio. It even comes with a wireless module for the subwoofer.

I had a Denon with the amazing Kef KHT3005 black eggs and was very happy with them,.. that set up had a slight edge with music but for movies with the YSP 1100 and 5100 there was no comparison. They both had more ooph with a enveloping realism and more powerful sound stage. Sorry to bust your bubble but that $300 MLT-2 won't even cut the mustard with a YSP 1100 or 3000 that you could get on ebay for around $400 or less.
post #453 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mec360 View Post

Update - Last night, I did the "rub your clouds with a microfiber cloth" trick ... and they disappeared immediately! They are completely gone. AND, get this - I did a "technical tap" or 5 on my remote ... and now it works too! (Vizio has not yet responded to my email about it, though.).

What is the technical tap? I have a 651 that has a cloud in the center at boot up, but I never noticed it other than just a total grey screen.
post #454 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM

Can anyone suggest a good, inexpensive wall mount for this tv?

Thanks in advance...
post #455 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEARCH1990 View Post

Can anyone suggest a good, inexpensive wall mount for this tv?
Thanks in advance...
i have seen this one talked about http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=6527&seq=1&format=2
But I think this one is nice too and gives room to grow http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=6663&seq=1&format=2
But I don't like that it sticks out so far from the wall :/
It does allow for 3 stud coverage though
post #456 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look into those...

Anyone that actually has this tv hung on the wall with a mount they like?
post #457 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM

I just hung the television yesterday with the Cheetah mounts APTMM2B. It was $27.99 on Amazon with free shipping and includes all the necessary hardware. The mount seems very sturdy and meets my needs
post #458 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Liked: 13
Mine is hung with whatever mount they were selling at BJ's on black Friday. It's a basic tilting mount and it fits and works fine. Sorry I don't know the brand off the top of my head and I'm at work right now. I was able to mount to three studs using 6 screws so I feel pretty confident in how secure the mount is.
post #459 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Ok, TV has been fine. Why now is my wireless signal down to one red bar? It picks up the signal from my wireless printer with full green bars. The printer is in the same room as the router. It is literally the next room over. There is one wall between the TV and the router, and the door is always open. The wireless apps worked fine before....I reset the router with no change. I didn't want to reset the whole TV if I can avoid it because I don't want to lose my settiings. I'm no pro at this and I'm happy with how it is set so I hate to do a full reset to factory default. Any easy tips on getting the wireless to connect again?
post #460 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinders View Post

Ok, TV has been fine. Why now is my wireless signal down to one red bar? It picks up the signal from my wireless printer with full green bars. The printer is in the same room as the router. It is literally the next room over. There is one wall between the TV and the router, and the door is always open. The wireless apps worked fine before....I reset the router with no change. I didn't want to reset the whole TV if I can avoid it because I don't want to lose my settiings. I'm no pro at this and I'm happy with how it is set so I hate to do a full reset to factory default. Any easy tips on getting the wireless to connect again?

You might try going into the network settings menu and see if there is an option for testing or perhaps even "discovering" the available networks. You may be able to force it to reconnect that way.

Rick
post #461 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinders View Post

Does you router have an option to change the output powers? (mine does)

The first thing I would try is changing the channel that the router is using. If it is a 2.4 ghz router there can be quite a bit of interference in that range.

For what it's worth my TV shows a fairly weak signal in the menu screen but whenever I run the test connection option on the same screen it shows every bar lit up and gives a speed that is clearly limited by my ISP.
post #462 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_rock

Curious:
Do either of you have your WiFi (not an actual cable plugged in) on the TV configured to connect to your network?
Trying to isolate what is causing issues on the TV and wondering if it related to the built in WiFi and a weak signal.

Chris

Plugged in an ethernet connection (disabling wireless) and the remote works perfectly now. Now to see if that fixed my receiver issues.

Chris
post #463 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboothe View Post

Plugged in an ethernet connection (disabling wireless) and the remote works perfectly now. Now to see if that fixed my receiver issues.
Chris

I've disabled my WiFi too and so far tonight no receiver issue. Kind of pain to change. I had to change my wifi password, reconnect the TV, then change the password back for all my other devices to start working again.
I wonder if CEC will start working as advertised with WiFi turned not connected.

I did noticed that as soon as I changed my WiFi password (TV dropped connection) that my receiver kicked off and back on.
post #464 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Vizio contracted repair guy finally showed up. I had to diagnose with him. Turns out when the TV connects to the Internet, wired or wireless, the controls slow to a crawl. He brought a motherboard but after talking to someone at his home office, they determined that it was a software issue and I need to take it up with Vizio.
post #465 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderrx View Post

What is the technical tap? I have a 651 that has a cloud in the center at boot up, but I never noticed it other than just a total grey screen.

Banging it against the palm of my hand until it worked. biggrin.gif
post #466 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM

I'm loving this tv so far. Made a couple tweaks to myappleguy's settings using hd calibration wizard from monster and everything looks good. I'm having the same issue with no sound from my receiver (denon 3310) with apps but I have an idea I will try out tomorrow. I will share my settings and my fix for the audio tomorrow if it works. Thank you everyone for your help and not making me shell out the money for the sharp 70".
post #467 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM

whats everyones feeling on 2 stud mounting??
most mounts I found are only long enough to mount in two studs AND be centered on my wall
the bracket http://www.amazon.com/Tilt-Mount-42~70-Plasma-LCD/dp/B002AIGZOU is 36" long, the studs would be 9" in from each end of the wall bracket so that the center of the bracket is centered between two studs
if I go for the longer three stud mount the cost is doubled or the tv is not centered
tia
post #468 of 720 Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballkid4 View Post

So mine finally arrived. Plugged it in more for testing to make sure I don't have a lemon because this one wont get permanently installed until the basement is finished in a month. First impressions of HDTV was that it had an awesome picture right out of the box. Then I watched the Giants/Redskins game. I didn't notice any banding but one annoying feature that even the wife notices was that when a player went in motion, they looked "jumpy" as they went across the screen. Tried messing a little with the motion settings but it didnt help much. Also notice the same thing with the "crawl" at the bottom of the screen on ESPN. One other thing that really made me nervous was some "blocking" that happened when they gave an aerial view of the field from the blimp. The whole field looked like Minecraft Blocks. It didn't happen again even with another aerial view so I'm gonna chalk that one up to a possible bad feed as there were some audio/video issues during the broadcast. Overall I love the picture. I'll have to go back and check out some of the recommended settings to see if I can get the issue with watching football resolved. I'll post some pics of it sitting in front of (and below) my 47" Visio just because the contrast in size is crazy.
Thanks for all the information in this thread. It helped make my decision to pick this TV up at the great deal Sam's Club was offering. smile.gif

Anymore issues with the 'jumpiness' during sports? What about the ESPN ticker? Blocking? All valid issues and deal breakers as this set, for me, would be getting a good sports workout.
Curious what else you'd noticed.
Thanks for the input.
post #469 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post

Anymore issues with the 'jumpiness' during sports? What about the ESPN ticker? Blocking? All valid issues and deal breakers as this set, for me, would be getting a good sports workout.
Thanks for the input.

Turn on smooth motion with Precision and any imperfections on sports are gone. The only reason I need to do this is for football ... the game and everything is perfect (minus the banding this TV has) but the football blurs when thrown far ... Other than that this TV doesn't have this issue.

Remember ... most of these imperfections are due to your feed (cable, satellite, etc.) ... and sports look bad more than anything with a bad cable feed.
post #470 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 AM

Tcrebbs,

Thanks for the reply.
post #471 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 AM

hey everyone! Purchased this TV and looking forward to mount this. I need to check my stud measurements and decide on a TV wall mount.
post #472 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 AM

My mount is a "Level Mount" branded "Tilt Extra large flat panel TV" I guess you would say is the model (It's what's written on the box). I installed across three studs and the mount is not centered on the wall. The mount however is wide enough that I was able to mount the TV with an offset to make the display centered on the wall.

Also, this mount came with extension bars for the bracketry that goes on the TV but they were not needed as the main bracket was the perfect size for the tv already. This was purchased at BJ's and I don't remember the price but I don't think it broke the $50 mark (on Black Friday at least). I only see the fixed version of this mount online right now for $45.
post #473 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

When I first watched football I noticed some 'jumpiness' or blur when the ball was in the air for example. Once I got my set calibrated (which in my case doesn't include smooth motion) all of those artifacts are gone. Not sure which setting was causing the blur but I don't notice it now. Blocking is simply a result of compression that is used on the video signal along the chain to get it from a live venue like a stadium to your TV. Noise reduction settings can help a little with that but mostly just sitting back from the TV makes them mostly disappear to the eye. I actually love the image for football on my set now.
post #474 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_rock View Post

Curious:
Do either of you have your WiFi (not an actual cable plugged in) on the TV configured to connect to your network?
Trying to isolate what is causing issues on the TV and wondering if it related to the built in WiFi and a weak signal.

Yes, my TV is currently connected to my home WiFi network...
post #475 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

Chief.... I've changed some settings based off recommendations in this forum. I'll be watching the Denver/Oakland game tonight and will let you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

Turn on smooth motion with Precision and any imperfections on sports are gone. The only reason I need to do this is for football ... the game and everything is perfect (minus the banding this TV has) but the football blurs when thrown far ... Other than that this TV doesn't have this issue.
Remember ... most of these imperfections are due to your feed (cable, satellite, etc.) ... and sports look bad more than anything with a bad cable feed.

Falconman.... I realize it may be the feed but I'm watching the HD channel and it's brilliant on everything else but the football games. My issue isn't when the ball is thrown. It's from the zoomed out view of the field and a player goes in motion (which is from the top to bottom or vice versa as you look at the screen) the contrast of the players jersey against the green field seems to make the player look "jerky" as they run. Maybe it's a refresh rate thing, maybe it's "smoothing" thing with the settings. I'll be messing with the settings while I watch. I'll try to take a video and post it too if it's still doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myapplebuddy View Post

When I first watched football I noticed some 'jumpiness' or blur when the ball was in the air for example. Once I got my set calibrated (which in my case doesn't include smooth motion) all of those artifacts are gone. Not sure which setting was causing the blur but I don't notice it now. Blocking is simply a result of compression that is used on the video signal along the chain to get it from a live venue like a stadium to your TV. Noise reduction settings can help a little with that but mostly just sitting back from the TV makes them mostly disappear to the eye. I actually love the image for football on my set now.

MyAppleBuddy.... thanks for the tips. It is true that I have this TV set up temporarily in my Living Room just so I could test it (it'll be a month before my basement is finished) and I am sitting very close (maybe 7-8 feet) from the TV. I'll take that into consideration. Maybe turn the set so I can move back some and see if that makes a difference.
post #476 of 720 Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM

^ ^ ^

Well unfortunately, the game was on NFLHD and I cancelled some of the HD channels to bring down the cost so I couldn't compare the "jump" or "jerk" I was seeing after changing the settings. I did however watch the "crawl" on at least 5 different channels and it was as smooth as could be. I have hopes that the game will look just as good this Sunday and will let you know.
post #477 of 720 Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mec360 View Post

Update - Last night, I did the "rub your clouds with a microfiber cloth" trick ... and they disappeared immediately! They are completely gone. AND, get this - I did a "technical tap" or 5 on my remote ... and now it works too! (Vizio has not yet responded to my email about it, though.)
I am a lot happier now. I fooled around with WOW and the basic color controls (only about 30 minutes or so) and ended up close to myapplebuddy's settings for my set. When I can block off some more time, I'll do the full WOW calibration, but after my short session last night, I got Futurama to look fine in streaming Netflix (I never noticed that Bender's eyes and teeth are sort of yellow, but they are; the tv is clearly showing the other characters' eyes and teeth as white, but Bender has smoker's teeth).

What is the "rub your clouds with a microfiber cloth" trick?
post #478 of 720 Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindKntrl View Post

This is interesting, I'm using mine with the 1020K and have had no issues to date..

Are you using CEC?
post #479 of 720 Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrahuge View Post

What is the "rub your clouds with a microfiber cloth" trick?
First turn the TV on and go to an input that has no signal active (i.e. go to your Bluray player input and turn off your Bluray player) so you just have a black screen. Then turn your backlight up to 100%. Look for "clouding" in the backlight and rub gently around those areas. I improved both clouding and "flashlights" coming from the corners of my set by doing this. The backlight is actually very uniform now and it seems to have improved banding as well. Just make sure to rub gently, and be aware that you'll see the areas around where you're rubbing get brighter as you are pressing the screen towards the backlight. Just keep trying rubbing in circles, up and down, side to side, etc until you see an improvement. I basically just rubbed down the whole screen a few times in various directions. Again, don't press too hard. Good luck!
post #480 of 720 Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 AM

Yes,. I hooked up Bose 901's and and the sound is awesome, but I do have a lip sync problem connecting the cable box directly to teh receiver
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 65 Inch Razor Led Smart Fhdtv M650vse , Vizio , Led Hdtv , Samsung 65 Inch Class Smart Tv 3d Slim Led Hdtv Un65es6500
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page