Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 720 Old 05-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomer741 View Post

Bah Im going crazy. can someone please help me??

Power issues.... Short, Mother Board going out.... all points to power in my book. Utilize your warranty or extended which hopefully you bought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 720 Old 05-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Liked: 15
I am having trouble connecting to the internet with this TV and another Vizio upstairs.
My router was recently reset due to the not being able to access the password.

Now it is defaulted back to admin password on my netgear router wpn824 v2.
I think some security setting were changed.

Do these Vizio tv only work under a certain setting.
Right now I see my network under "brian" and the lock key. I select it and enter my password and it is not accessing the internet. I am trying to establish this to get my Netflix back online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Wii allows me to change the WPA2-PSk security setting and it is working fine. So I know the wireless LAN is turn on in the router settings.

The setting in the router for security are None, WEP, WPA-PSK- (TKIP) , WPA2-PSK (AES)
and WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK-AES

Right now it is on WPA2-PSK (AES) I though i remember it on WPA-PSK (TKIP).
So does this have anything to do with the TV picking up the wireless signal from the router.
I unplugged the power from the TV tried that nothing.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
post #693 of 720 Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I would call Vizio customer service and see if you can change the settings for the security on the Vizio. Otherwise you will probably need to change it at the router. Though that may mean you have to go back to other devices and change it as well.

Rick
post #694 of 720 Old 05-06-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomer741 View Post

Bah Im going crazy. can someone please help me??

Have you re-done your network set up? Or just reset the TV and start from scratch

It is all about quality...that is the picture

JVC & NEC 8" CRT with 106" wide Stewart screen. All NHT speakers driven by Pioneer Elite AVR and bluray

Custom dedicated 8 seat theater

post #695 of 720 Old 05-07-2013, 02:44 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandaniella View Post

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with this TV and another Vizio upstairs.
My router was recently reset due to the not being able to access the password.

Now it is defaulted back to admin password on my netgear router wpn824 v2.
I think some security setting were changed.

Do these Vizio tv only work under a certain setting.
Right now I see my network under "brian" and the lock key. I select it and enter my password and it is not accessing the internet. I am trying to establish this to get my Netflix back online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Wii allows me to change the WPA2-PSk security setting and it is working fine. So I know the wireless LAN is turn on in the router settings.

The setting in the router for security are None, WEP, WPA-PSK- (TKIP) , WPA2-PSK (AES)
and WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK-AES

Right now it is on WPA2-PSK (AES) I though i remember it on WPA-PSK (TKIP).
So does this have anything to do with the TV picking up the wireless signal from the router.
I unplugged the power from the TV tried that nothing.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Ok I fixed it myself. When my router was reset it must have change the security setting on it.
I selected the WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK-AES as mentioned above and that did the trick.
Once I went back to the tv at that point in the internet setting it show "WPA-PSK" Auto and then i input the password and wa la it worked. Good to know if anyone else resets the router or inputs the wrong security for there network.
post #696 of 720 Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Our tv's DLNA app is not very smart. You are encountering a file that has something in it that the app doesnt like. I have tried narrowing down that "it" is and it may be due to bitrate or the file's metadata. The TV will just crash when you open the folder that contains said video right? I have had some success re-encoding problem videos using h.264 & ac3 audio. I still run into problems with occasional lagging and audio/video sync issues. Here's to hoping someone will tell Vizio about this and we'll get a better app. The sharp dlna is much better IMO...
post #697 of 720 Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 AM
SLL

I’m finally getting ready to pull the trigger and upgrade my Sony Bravia 52” to the M650VSE and now I see that Costco has the new E650i-A2 at the same price. I know the E650i-A2 is a newer model (no much on threads and no reviews) and tried to compare the specs. I DONT care about Apps etc. I watch allot of sports and we watch allot of movies mostly via Blu-Ray.
Does anyone know the biggest differences between these 2 models and why I should get the M650VSE over the new E650i-A2?
post #698 of 720 Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM
SLL

Hey falconman515,

IS there a thread for the E650I-A2?
I’m ready to get upgrade from my Sony 52 and would like to pull the trigger this weekend.
1 of 3 Costco locations near me still has a few M650VSE left OR Shall I go with the E650i-A2 ?
Just looking at the specs side-by-side, the older M650VSE has better refresh and contract ratio.
Like you I watch a ton of sports and Blu-ray movies.

Any help I would appreciate very much.
post #699 of 720 Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I picked up this TV on Craigslist this weekend for $800, I had a projector previously and just wasn't satisfied with the picture quality I was getting. Wasn't horrible, but just didn't "pop" like I was hoping it would.

After reading a bit on here and deciding to give it a shot, I have to say I'm satisfied with it. I wanted a bigger screen, but I also just didn't feel too great about dropping 2 grand. I was willing to sacrifice some of the potential quality I'd get with other brands and try the Vizio, and so far I'd have to say I'm happy with it.

I definitely have the picture back that I like to see, and if anything it almost seems like it has more clarity than I was expecting/looking for. The whites especially just seem to jump off the screen. The other colors are solid as well though, and although the blacks definitely aren't as good as my PC Monitor, I'm also not expecting them to be. They're plenty suitable for what I'm looking for. I think I see a *tad* bit of the banding that's been discussed here, but nothing even close to making me feel bad about the purchase. The overwhelming majority of my viewing thus far, I haven't seen it at all.

Gaming lag so far seems to be my only potential question mark, so I'll mess with the gaming lag setting (also on my receiver,) to see if it helps any. I thought a gaming lag setting was supposed to mess with the colors...I have to say whenever I turn that option on it doesn't seem to change the picture at all.

The only thing I've really come to accept is that no matter what TV I read about on this site, it has issues. There are always seems to be SOMETHING that the TV has issues with and you just have to make a decision on what you're willing to accept. I love the information here, I love being able to research, but I also think that it's easy for us to dwell on the negatives because they're so front and center. I know there's something to being an informed consumer but at the same time, sometimes I think we allow the negatives to have a bit too much attention and at some point we become incapable of being satisfied with what we buy.

This TV isn't perfect, but I think I've offficially hit my end-game point in trying to find a TV that is because it just doesn't exist. Not in my price range at least. I'm just going to be happy with what I have and if I find an issue here or there with it, then so be it. The constant searching for perfect products is just getting a little tiring.
post #700 of 720 Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 PM

Hi, just bought this piece.
can someone share what type of audio formats are supported in audio files from USB?
curious if this plays flac, dts formats
post #701 of 720 Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nall256 View Post

Our tv's DLNA app is not very smart. You are encountering a file that has something in it that the app doesnt like. I have tried narrowing down that "it" is and it may be due to bitrate or the file's metadata. The TV will just crash when you open the folder that contains said video right? I have had some success re-encoding problem videos using h.264 & ac3 audio. I still run into problems with occasional lagging and audio/video sync issues. Here's to hoping someone will tell Vizio about this and we'll get a better app. The sharp dlna is much better IMO...

Has anyone had anymore luck on this?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #702 of 720 Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 PM

Just got a firmware update. Can't find anything on the net about it. Anyone know whats it does?
post #703 of 720 Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 AM

Just got mine as well. It scared me a little as when I turned on the tv it was stuck on the "V" screen. I ended up unplugging the tv because it wouldnt respond to the remote or power button. It turned out I just had to wait a few minutes for the firmware to update. It would have been nice if the tv gave me some indication that it was updating instead of acting like it was frozen. I'd bet that if I unplugged the tv at the wrong time it would have done bad things.
post #704 of 720 Old 12-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Has anyone found a universal remote that works with this t.v?  I read one review that said the apps worked quicker with a universal remote, but the one we got doesn't work at all!!!!  The remote that came with the t.v. has been getting worse and worse and finally went out and I don't want to order the same one again.  The keyboard on back seems to make it too easy to break.  So can someone tell me specifically which universal remote works.  Thanks.

post #705 of 720 Old 12-06-2013, 10:15 AM

I just got Logitech Harmony 650 from BF sales, and works like charm.
post #706 of 720 Old 12-19-2013, 06:26 PM

I was having issues with my remote not responding. Support had me take out batteries and push all buttons on remote , unplug tv and hold power button on tv for 30 sec. Remote started responding again. Few days later had same issue. Got back in touch with support and they had tech come out and replace it sensor in tv. Problem solved.
post #707 of 720 Old 12-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post

Just got mine as well. It scared me a little as when I turned on the tv it was stuck on the "V" screen. I ended up unplugging the tv because it wouldnt respond to the remote or power button. It turned out I just had to wait a few minutes for the firmware to update. It would have been nice if the tv gave me some indication that it was updating instead of acting like it was frozen. I'd bet that if I unplugged the tv at the wrong time it would have done bad things.
Just had that happen to me. Brother in law and I bought on Black Friday last year. I'm at 2.31.447 and he is at 3.68.312
?????
post #708 of 720 Old 12-20-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durb View Post

Just had that happen to me. Brother in law and I bought on Black Friday last year. I'm at 2.31.447 and he is at 3.68.312
?????

Not sure what firmware I am on. My TV is hardwired and not on the WiFi. I don't see where this would affect (effect?? I'm bad with that one) the ability to receive updated but I try to hardwire all of my stationary equipment. Now when My HD Youtube stutters I know it's either Youtube or my ISP.
post #709 of 720 Old 12-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
A little off topic but thought I'd share. I have this TV and loved it (yes past tense). 4 weeks ago we took a lightning hit. Funny things happen when high voltage finds a path to low voltage circuits, like Ethernet. I'll spare the details but everything I had hardwired ethernet is no longer. Things that were wireless are AOK. As a follow through, this provided a path to another low voltage network, HDMI. The receivers, PS3, DVD, ... and all other HDMI devices were also put to rest. I am still dealing with the insurance company as THEY want to attempt repairs ala the fly by night home warranty companies. As always, their goal is to wear you down. I'd tell you if I got this update but the set won't even power on. BTW, anyone know a source for parts? I want to follow up on the estimates when they arrive to make sure the $$ quoted represent NEW and not refurbs AND I want to see that NEW parts are even available.

EDIT: Forgot to make my point! If your wireless connection can serve your needs, use it and don't make a physical connection!

THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post

Not sure what firmware I am on. My TV is hardwired and not on the WiFi. I don't see where this would affect (effect?? I'm bad with that one) the ability to receive updated but I try to hardwire all of my stationary equipment. Now when My HD Youtube stutters I know it's either Youtube or my ISP.
post #710 of 720 Old 12-20-2013, 08:18 PM

Have still been having this issue for over a year...blue tinted blacks, along with a black/blue smearing on dark objects during quick motion. It's weird, the scenes below are from "42"...even though many others scenes look fine. It happens across a variety of sources from movies to games. Have tried every setting to no avail.

Two scenes where dark images that should be black are blue

Example on faint blue smearing on fast moving objects (sandbags and dark iron door frame)

Anyone else experiencing this??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #711 of 720 Old 01-28-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

A little off topic but thought I'd share. I have this TV and loved it (yes past tense). 4 weeks ago we took a lightning hit. Funny things happen when high voltage finds a path to low voltage circuits, like Ethernet. I'll spare the details but everything I had hardwired ethernet is no longer. Things that were wireless are AOK. As a follow through, this provided a path to another low voltage network, HDMI. The receivers, PS3, DVD, ... and all other HDMI devices were also put to rest. I am still dealing with the insurance company as THEY want to attempt repairs ala the fly by night home warranty companies. As always, their goal is to wear you down. I'd tell you if I got this update but the set won't even power on. BTW, anyone know a source for parts? I want to follow up on the estimates when they arrive to make sure the $$ quoted represent NEW and not refurbs AND I want to see that NEW parts are even available.

EDIT: Forgot to make my point! If your wireless connection can serve your needs, use it and don't make a physical connection!

THANKS!

I read something about this from a Tiger Direct communication, about how all his equipment was fried, despite being connected to a surge protector. It's super-important that EVERY connection to your equipment is surge-protected, including your cable TV/Internet. My connection is: Cable internet coax cable -> UPS backup -> modem -> equipment. All power cables are connected to either a surge protector or the UPS, all ethernet cables come from the protected modem. 

I'm curious, did you have a similar setup, or was your coax unprotected?

post #712 of 720 Old 01-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Surge suppressors will provide no protection from lightning. People often think they will. Even IF the surge suppressor could react quickly enough, the sheer magnitude of the lightning will jump any gaps and take things out.

ALL my connections were protected via UPS, ... as you indicate, some even double. The current skipped over it all leaving open circuits in its path. This is my second time through this wink.gif

For instance, FIOS -> ONT -> coax protection -> Verizon router -> UPS ethernet/power -> Wireless AP -> ethernet protection -> 24 port gig switch -> structured wiring connections -> equipment locations -> surge ethernet/power -> devices. EVERYTHING in this path put to rest, EVERYTHING

DO NOT read this as I'm against surge protection. I use it every place as we have very dirty and variant power around here. It just can't/won't be a factor in a lightning strike!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeabyte View Post

I read something about this from a Tiger Direct communication, about how all his equipment was fried, despite being connected to a surge protector. It's super-important that EVERY connection to your equipment is surge-protected, including your cable TV/Internet. My connection is: Cable internet coax cable -> UPS backup -> modem -> equipment. All power cables are connected to either a surge protector or the UPS, all ethernet cables come from the protected modem. 

I'm curious, did you have a similar setup, or was your coax unprotected?
post #713 of 720 Old 01-28-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

Surge suppressors will provide no protection from lightning. People often think they will. Even IF the surge suppressor could react quickly enough, the sheer magnitude of the lightning will jump any gaps and take things out.

ALL my connections were protected via UPS, ... as you indicate, some even double. The current skipped over it all leaving open circuits in its path. This is my second time through this wink.gif

For instance, FIOS -> ONT -> coax protection -> Verizon router -> UPS ethernet/power -> Wireless AP -> ethernet protection -> 24 port gig switch -> structured wiring connections -> equipment locations -> surge ethernet/power -> devices. EVERYTHING in this path put to rest, EVERYTHING

DO NOT read this as I'm against surge protection. I use it every place as we have very dirty and variant power around here. It just can't/won't be a factor in a lightning strike!!!

Ouch!! In that case, I think I'll convince some of my neighbors to put lightning rods on their roofs! 

post #714 of 720 Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

That's a whole other kettle of fish, along with whole house suppression. My head spins when I research as it's as well agreed to as global warming, or was it cooling, or, ...

BTW, all the barrel connectors were melted as well AND the FIOS ONT was properly grounded to earth as were the entry connections for the COAX. Remember, it's path of least resistance..... Your lightning rod just may be that attractive lady at the bar wink.gif

In a nutshell, if lightning wants to, it will......
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeabyte View Post

Ouch!! In that case, I think I'll convince some of my neighbors to put lightning rods on their roofs! 
post #715 of 720 Old 02-02-2014, 08:33 PM

So what is the latest firmware on this one?
post #716 of 720 Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua1ung View Post

I just received 3.68.321 this morning.

SD

post #717 of 720 Old 04-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipdit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua1ung View Post

I just received 3.68.321 this morning.

SD

Thanks. Got it myself a few weeks ago. Finally!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
post #718 of 720 Old 05-02-2014, 11:01 PM

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/upgrade-firmware-vizio-television-57285.html

I have the M550SVE (why? because I love Skype)

So here's my problem and if anyone knows how to fix this, I'll be eternally grateful.

1) Left the house - tv was on (which it normally is since I have kids)

2) I got home and the tv will not POWER on -  Yes, the Vizio Icon comes up, then the Vizio name plate flickers and goes out - and the tv sits there, turned off.

2.5)  yes, I tried the unplugging, plugging, thing in multiple times.

3) I called Vizio Support - nice gal -  they said "it must have been turned off during a Firmware Update and so now it's in a loop...and they are replacing the tv ----- IN 8 - 10 DAYS ----- (did I mention I have two kids 8 & 7 years old?? the TV is never off - I was out of the house for maybe 2 hours - yes, tv was on when I left)

So I started Googling. Found the Link I put above - about booting the tv from a USB port - so (drumroll here)

WHERE DO I FIND, or does anyone have, or can anyone GET, the firmware for this tv set? I'll try just about anything. I'm even considering buying a new motherboard (or whatever is already programmed) from EBay for $20 and slapping it in the tv set to see if that'll work -(I'm not even sure what part would have the programming on it, is that the motherboard?)-

Thanks in advance - feel free to email me directly at gmail - john j blank (at) <---no spaces inbetween name

post #719 of 720 Old 05-11-2014, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all. I just installed a Synology NAS to store my movies on. I noticed that from my Visio M650VSE I can access the NAS as a DLNA device and I see the movies but it won't let me play any of them. It says in orange letters "Audio CODEC not support", "Video CODEC not support". All the movies are MP4. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
post #720 of 720 Old 05-13-2014, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballkid4 View Post

Hi all. I just installed a Synology NAS to store my movies on. I noticed that from my Visio M650VSE I can access the NAS as a DLNA device and I see the movies but it won't let me play any of them. It says in orange letters "Audio CODEC not support", "Video CODEC not support". All the movies are MP4. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Page 48 in the manual.

Playing USB Media
To play USB media, you must first save your music or images onto
a USB thumb drive.
Remember:
• The USB thumb drive must be formatted as FAT32.
• Files on the USB thumb drive must end in a supported file
extension (.mp3, .jpg, etc).
• The player is not designed to play media from external
hard drives or mp3 players.

Third bullet point applies here. If it were my NAS the first bullet point would prabably apply as well.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 65 Inch Razor Led Smart Fhdtv M650vse , Vizio , Led Hdtv , Samsung 65 Inch Class Smart Tv 3d Slim Led Hdtv Un65es6500
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page