OFFICIAL Samsung Smart Hub Fiasco Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 02-27-2014, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

so did you try the optical cable, does it work ? I am having the same issue with netflix on samsung TV, optical cable doesn't work on mine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 05-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I just bought a new Samsung 55" (UN55FH6200) and the Smart Hub doesn't seem to have a Youtube app...just a "link to Youtube" that redirects to the web browser. Unfortunately I can't find anything on the web about this. Weird. Do you guys have the Youtube app?
post #63 of 71 Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 PM

I was able to resolve this issue. I have a Samsung 55" (UN55F9000) with Denon AVR2313CI. By using the optical cable + I had to manually specify under AVR that when I m using the TV as the video provider to use the optoical cable. I have tried both Netflix and Youtube and I m getting 5.1. Under YouTube you can find surround testing 5.1 video

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
post #64 of 71 Old 05-09-2014, 04:44 PM

I just got the 2014 Un6500H800. Same issue. Absolutely unacceptable. Tv is going back if this issue is not resolved.

post #65 of 71 Old 05-09-2014, 04:47 PM

Un65H8000

post #66 of 71 Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So I just got a new receiver (marantz nr1403) to go with my samsung d8000 tv and you're not gonna believe this.

I GOT NETFLIX APP IN SMARTHUB TO OUTPUT DD TO MY RECIEVER!

Here are the settings I used to achieve this.

First I'm using a single hdmi cable from the RECIEVER to the ARC Hdmi port on the Tv. All my sources (cable, bluray) are connected to my RECIEVER.

On the RECIEVER:
Video - hdmi setup -
Hdmi audio out set to AVR
Hdmi control set to on
P off control set to off
Inputs - digital assign
TV audio set to none
Inputs - input select
Input mode set to auto
Decode mode set to auto

On the tv:
System - anynet+ hdmi-Cec set to ON
System - anynet+ auto turn off set to no
System - anynet+ RECIEVER set to On
Sound - speaker settings set to external (this May get disabled once you turn on anynet so not sure this matters)

The one caveat is that I don't have any speakers hooked up yet so I can't audibly confirm this is working but I can get the Dolby digital sign on the RECIEVER to go on and off based on whether I pick dd or stereo from the netflix audio and subtitles menu of the film.

On to try amazon prime and hbo go now!

Confirmed getting Dd from hbo go too!!

Last edited by Fant; 07-08-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Further testing
post #67 of 71 Old 08-23-2014, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm following this thread because I've just discovered a problem. I have been using my UN40ES6150 TV with a Yamaha RX-V663 amplifier, Netflix content with audio in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 is output via PCM over optical to the 663 just fine.

I just upgraded to an RX-V775 receiver, and the DD+ 5.1 soundtracks blank out for a second intermittently. The receiver identifies it as "Dolby Digital." ... Works fine with "Stereo" signal selected (the receiver claims this is still Dolby Digital 2.0). [Clarification: I've observed this both over optical SP/DIF and HDMI ARC.]

Playing Netflix through my Chromecast and Panasonic BDT-210 (connected directly to the amp's HDMI inputs), playing Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 has no issues -- and the amp identifies the streams as "Dolby Digital+". I'm convinced now that the problem is with my UN40ES6150 sending DD+ stream as PCM with the incorrect flag.

ADDENDUM: My Panasonic BDT-210 outputs in a format that my amp ID;s as DD+. DEFINITELY a problem with the TV.

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 10-03-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: addendum, more confirmation of the TV's issue
post #68 of 71 Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Post Did smarthub fix this for 2014?

So are you saying any content played through smarthub is not even close to 1080P, so how do you fix this issue? Do you just have to use another device like Roku3 or something to play 1080P content? Has this been fixed by Samsung in 2014 or is this still a problem?
post #69 of 71 Old 09-09-2014, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Post Anyone having issues with skipping sound

I recently bought Samsung TV Model: UN65H6350AFXZA with a Sound barModel: HW-H450/ZA. I have the sound bar connected with HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) built into the smart TV. I've been having issues with skipping sound through the sound every time I play any movie with HD 5.1 sound. I initially thought it was the sound bar so after replacing or trying 3 different sound bars I still have the same issue so my conclusion it has to be the TV.
After reading all these forums about skipping Sound I believe it is either the Netflix built in App into the TV through smart hub. Also I have read that HDMI ARC in Samsung TV does not output HD 5.1 sound on this forum as well.

So how do you fix this problem? I know my soundbar is a 2.1 channel so does that it's not capable of playing HD 5.1? Is this why it's skipping sound?
I'm guessing you have to use another device to play your Netflix content, like Roku3 or another smart device that has Netflix app. If Samsung TVs are really not putting out 5.1 HD surround sound through HDMI ARC then it is a serious design flaw by Samsung and I'm thinking that itself is good enough reason to return the TV?
Any suggestions or solutions anybody came up with so far to solve this issue?

Last edited by Azeem00; 09-09-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: clarify
post #70 of 71 Old 09-11-2014, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeem00 View Post
I recently bought Samsung TV Model: UN65H6350AFXZA with a Sound barModel: HW-H450/ZA. I have the sound bar connected with HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) built into the smart TV. I've been having issues with skipping sound through the sound every time I play any movie with HD 5.1 sound. I initially thought it was the sound bar so after replacing or trying 3 different sound bars I still have the same issue so my conclusion it has to be the TV.
After reading all these forums about skipping Sound I believe it is either the Netflix built in App into the TV through smart hub. Also I have read that HDMI ARC in Samsung TV does not output HD 5.1 sound on this forum as well.

So how do you fix this problem? I know my soundbar is a 2.1 channel so does that it's not capable of playing HD 5.1? Is this why it's skipping sound?
I'm guessing you have to use another device to play your Netflix content, like Roku3 or another smart device that has Netflix app. If Samsung TVs are really not putting out 5.1 HD surround sound through HDMI ARC then it is a serious design flaw by Samsung and I'm thinking that itself is good enough reason to return the TV?
Any suggestions or solutions anybody came up with so far to solve this issue?
The Netflix app on my UN40ES6150 definitely outputs 5.1 to the amp. But it is not identified as DD+. This is possibly the problem, the decoder in my Yamaha RX-V775 is thrown off by the PCM signal from the TV.

Try switching to a "Dolby Stereo" (really DD 2.0) audio track if you can. (Not all movies have this option.)

Addendum: I tried this on Netflix with I KNOW THAT VOICE, and even the DD 2.0 tracks were dropping out.

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 10-03-2014 at 10:35 AM.
post #71 of 71 Old 10-26-2014, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
So I just upgraded from a 46es7100 to a 55f8000 and it would appear that I, too, am having issues with the Smart hub receiving Dolby Digital on the Netflix app and sending it over HDMI ARC. The app itself shows it's only receiving a stereo signal even on 5.1 enabled content when I press the info button or go to the audio settings. Previously, I never had this problem with my es7100 which was set up the same exact way, it was able to send 5.1 from Netflix through ARC to my receiver which was great.

I truly believe this is a Samsung app-related problem on this model of the TV not receiving 5.1 signal. When I watch the same content through my Sony blu Ray player I get 5.1 no problem, and like I said, the TV displays "stereo PCM" when you click the info button so I don't think this is ARC-related (when I watch 5.1 content from my media server through the TV it gets outputted as DD over ARC no problem).

After reading more into the issue, it would seem that this is purely a smart hub issue (hence what thread this is being posted in). The thing that really makes me angry is that my 2011 model es7100 had no problem getting 5.1 from Netflix through the smart hub. When I bought this 2012 f8000, I was under the impression I was upgrading the TV, not downgrading. Now why would I have a silly thought like that?

I'm not sure why Netflix and Samsung would not have addressed this issue by now, this an older TV and has recently been updated to the latest firmware. It would just seem that Netflix is not receiving a 5.1 signal on this specific model through the smart hub. It's a bummer.

Last edited by yanquiuxo; 10-26-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7500 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page