OFFICIAL Samsung Smart Hub Fiasco Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2016, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post
hey jhardaway , was wondering if you get any sound with the receiver out of the pic , not connected ?

Do you set the receiver to av1 ? when using amazon ?

That's what I have to do , on my yamaha 665 receiver, set it to av1 for sound to be heard via
optical cable with receiver on.....
I have a Samsung UE55JU6400 and Yamaha RX 675 receiver. I finally managed to get sound on av1, but it wasn't DOLBY surround sound. I have only tested Amazon so far.

The Yamaha menus are not great to be honest and I'm thinking this may not be worth the effort involved, but I'm going to try resetting all my settings and see if I can get it working with the help of some of the suggestions on this thread.

Most of my content is coming from consoles or my VirginMedia box. I was only wanting to test the 4K content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have samsung UA40D6600 and everything works fine. If I play any movie / video (mkv etc.) directly through USB, my TV outputs 5.1 DTS / DD whatever is there in the movie / video to my AV receiver via HDMI ARC. But smarthub apps, Netflix in particular, only outputs 2 channel pathetic sound. I don't think its 2.1 even cuz I have seldom heard the woofer. Any ideas on this.

Further to this, some people have complained about the skipping sound problem, in my reckoning, it happens when the sound input to your receiver or output from your TV is different and you have enforced a different sound mode on your receiver. For example, your tv is outputting 2.1 channel stereo and you have set the sound mode as Neo 6 cinema or whatever on your receiver. Just change it to 'direct' or original and it would be fine.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerRied View Post
I have samsung UA40D6600 and everything works fine. If I play any movie / video (mkv etc.) directly through USB, my TV outputs 5.1 DTS / DD whatever is there in the movie / video to my AV receiver via HDMI ARC. But smarthub apps, Netflix in particular, only outputs 2 channel pathetic sound. I don't think its 2.1 even cuz I have seldom heard the woofer. Any ideas on this.

Further to this, some people have complained about the skipping sound problem, in my reckoning, it happens when the sound input to your receiver or output from your TV is different and you have enforced a different sound mode on your receiver. For example, your tv is outputting 2.1 channel stereo and you have set the sound mode as Neo 6 cinema or whatever on your receiver. Just change it to 'direct' or original and it would be fine.
No matter how ridiculous it may see but my 2011 old Model has suddenly started outputting Dolby Digital on Netflix. Watching 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' right now in 5.1 DD. Amazing. This defies any logic. My firmware version is 1017, no updates, no nothing and this is here I am. I will share I come to know of any logic behind this.

Btw, that direct / original setting on receiver isn't the solution to sound skipping problem.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
No matter how ridiculous it may see but my 2011 old Model has suddenly started outputting Dolby Digital on Netflix. Watching 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' right now in 5.1 DD. Amazing. This defies any logic. My firmware version is 1017, no updates, no nothing and this is here I am. I will share I come to know of any logic behind this.
It depends upon the movie. In my tests, I compared the audio stream from what the Samsung SmartApp reported and what I got from my Chromecast, Panasonic BD player, etc.
Quote:

Btw, that direct / original setting on receiver isn't the solution to sound skipping problem.
Yep. I determined that it was not that the TV was outputing an audio stream that my AVR couldn't handle. My RX-V775 could handle all. Netflix movies with 5.1 tracks were outputting DD+ 5.1 from my Chromecast. Same movie, same audio track would be reported as DD 5.1 coming out of the Samsung TV.

Posted somewhere before, HDMI-ARC and SPDIF can only output PCM 2.0 and DD 5.1. Isn't meant for DD+ 5.1. IIRC.

β€œHey, Jenny Slater. Hey, Jenny Slater. HEY, Jenny Slater.”
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Samsung Un46es7500 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv