Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 735 Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAlfred View Post

Also, do we know if these sets are IPS panels? I noticed when I touched the screen that it "rippled" and I didn't think IPS panels did that.

Hey, thanks for your comments. I'm no HD TV Junkie, but I would appreciate a good picture (in my eyes) so learning about the issues that *could* be found is helpful.

Find out how to tell IPS panel here:

http://www.ronbenmultimedia.com/support/What-is-IPS-panel.htm

and here

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1268529/lg-le5300-how-can-you-tell-its-an-ips-panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 735 Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxp View Post

whats all this about?? Do you have a link to more information on how all this works? (Service mode via other remotes)
thanks.
there are hidden features via the service menu like adv. ez adjust etc that can be accessed using harmony remotes and a couple other cheaper remote brands.
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Access_hidden_service_menus_/_modes
post #273 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 06:02 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

whats all this about?? Do you have a link to more information on how all this works? (Service mode via other remotes)
thanks.

So what extra is available in the service menu? For a competitively priced TV the 60LM7200 offers enough controls for calibration. Now if the service menu had hacks available to assign some tasks (switch input e.g.) to the arrow keys I'd be up for risking entry into it.

Insert pithy comment here
post #274 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrr View Post

Hmm..so you can't order the TV if they say there are none available in your province? I ordered one online but wanted to pick it up directly instead. Tried to do it at one store at 6am and the price changed and they said they couldn't match the online price. Then went back to the store I first saw it and the sales guy had no problem giving it to me at the online price. So I got one from the store..haven't tried it out yet...was comparing it to 7100, then 7500...I think Samsung does have a slightly better picture as mentioned in the past...black and white is more defined...but just like you...I am not too keen on the active 3D. So hopefully this panel will be ok. Interestingly, when I read about the Samsung 7500...there seem to be quite a bit of problem where the TV died or do weird things on its own.

I went to the store last night to pick up the LM7200 and just take another look around. I got chatting to the sales guy and he was talking about the Samsung 7100 model being a great deal etc. but it was sold out. I said I was after a 60" TV ideally and for 3D passive tech. But then we were talking and I got thinking that I wont be using 3D a lot, maybe 1 or 2 times a month realistically.. and it would be for myself or wife. Our son is a baby so no 3D for many years.. so I was thinking that I maybe shouldn't factor in the Passive 3D being a big requirement.. and concentrate on the TV as a whole. Having said that we checked stock and there was a shipment in a few weeks, so they said they could give me the boxing week price on it. So the 60" ES71000 for $1999.

It sounds like the LM7200 is a "value model" and pretty good. But the Idea its a One off model throws me off it a little . I'm still letting things settle as I think about all this. I'm thinking the $300 difference in price for the samsung is probably worth it.

the decision:

60" Samsung ES7100 for $CA1999 vs 60" LG LM7200 For $CA1699

B.
post #275 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

So what extra is available in the service menu? For a competitively priced TV the 60LM7200 offers enough controls for calibration. Now if the service menu had hacks available to assign some tasks (switch input e.g.) to the arrow keys I'd be up for risking entry into it.

you can add things like dolby digital, access the engineer updates as well as have access to the calibration controls that the professionals use to calibrate your tv.
but if your happy with your tv as is, then dont bother...its just for people that wanna get the most out of their product, ie videophiles.
post #276 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:

It sounds like the LM7200 is a "value model" and pretty good. But the Idea its a One off model throws me off it a little . I'm still letting things settle as I think about all this. I'm thinking the $300 difference in price for the samsung is probably worth it.
the decision:
60" Samsung ES7100 for $CA1999 vs 60" LG 60LM7200 For $CA1699
B.

In my opinion, no TV is perfect. One just needs to determine which compromises he can most easily live with and then make the choice. Of course I'd suggest reading through the ES7100 thread to get more information (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread).

I recently had to make the decision between the LG 60LM7200 and the Sony 60EX645. I've owned both brands over the years so I was familiar with the features and general quirks of each brand. In the end, I chose the LG as being the TV that most closely met my needs. Part of my decision was also based on gut feelings of what I would truly be happy with. Past experience has also shown me that my first choice was almost always the correct one. Its easy to second guess one's self.

Good luck in your decision.
post #277 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:

the decision:

60" Samsung ES7100 for $CA1999 vs 60" LG LM7200 For $CA1699

B.

Looks like Best Buy has it -- if it's the exact same model, and cheaper than what he quoted you:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?q=10202370%2010202371%2010202372&lang=EN

Samsung 60" 1080p 240Hz 3D LED Smart TV (UN60ES7100FXZC) $1,947.99

read through the official thread before deciding what to do:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread

Meanwhile I am sitting awaiting delivery of the LG, absolutely pathetic service from FS. Phones don't work, supposed to give a window of 3 hours, only info at this time between 8 am and 6 pm. For the 55 dollars I could have rented a bigge vehicle and picked the thing up myself quicker and easier. Zero need for them to install it or even step foot in the house.
post #278 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBetaGuy View Post

. Past experience has also shown me that my first choice was almost always the correct one. Its easy to second guess one's self.
Good luck in your decision.

Yes, second guessing is where the stress comes in. Didnt sleep well last night - lol.
thanks
post #279 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

you can add things like dolby digital, access the engineer updates as well as have access to the calibration controls that the professionals use to calibrate your tv.
but if your happy with your tv as is, then dont bother...its just for people that wanna get the most out of their product, ie videophiles.

Hmm doesn't seem worth risking...We'll find out if access to the service menu is required for completing calibrations.. greyscale and CMS controls are available and not hidden in the service menu. Wondering what else would calibrators go in the service mode for?

post #280 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Hmm doesn't seem worth risking...We'll find out if access to the service menu is required for completing calibrations.. greyscale and CMS controls are available and not hidden in the service menu. Wondering what else would calibrators go in the service mode for?
my set was ISF Pro calibrated, and he didnt bother to access the service menu anymore. because it has already isf expert 1 and 2 modes and those modes they can calibrate youre set. and then after the calibration they will activate ISF Day and ISF Night Mode.

AVR: Denon 2112CI
post #281 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM

WOW !

All I got to say is WOW ! eek.gif

No complaints. Goodness me what a modern technical device.

Let me give a run down as follows (this Canada from Futureshop)

1. Bought the thing on sale as mentioned above, a lot less than what I paid for my 47 inch LG 2 years ago.

2. Supposed to be special delivery for 55 $ supposed to call you the day before to set a 3 hour window. They never did.

3. Totally lucked out being back inside at exactly the time the delivery guy arrived, read all the horror stories that they don't even bother checking for you and truck the thing back to their warehouse never to be seen again.

4. The box is massive actually measured it out 65 inches long around 68lbs had to manouver through the doors and up elevators etc. Could do it yourself but would be bagged afterwards.

5.Got the thing unpacked. Key is to slide the outer case up and off, then the tv sits on the floor with the styrofoam inserts holding it up, so you can access the back to put the stand on. Whole thing still covered in protective, lean it forward and prop up the underside. The stand to do by yourself is a pain, you need to line up the base with the bolted on back piece. Very hard to do when lying down, here with some one else to hold it up and on, it will be much easier as the screws will drop down and through to their respective placements on the stand.

5. Thing is massive, had to swap out my 47 inch LG's stand with something else.

6. Wiring is pretty simple, much less than the 2 y/o 47 inch LG. All straightforward. xbx hdmi, cable box hdmi is all I have/need.

7. Fired it up. WOW. Ignored all the toy prompts, set to 3 channel and got cable going instantly. Straight to National Geographic HD which is the best HD tv channel. Once again WOW. Unbelieveable. This thing makes the 47 inch look like a computer monitor. I got this set 10 feet away, totally and utterly enveloped in it. the bezel which for years has been my main crietria which is why I went with the 47 inch 2 years ago, is even thinner than that. Same screen matte finish mildly mirrored when the tv is off, none at all when it is.

8. Onlu setting switched which I know from my previous one, is to switch of the energy thing, that dulls the color and picture and scews up the picture no matter what other settings you try. So if anyone is struggling, disable auto energy to off. Biggest single difference. Otherwise straight out of the box, looks like mine before which suits me perfectly. Not seeing anything else to tinker with.

9. Wand device is quiet cool, pretty simple to use, very logical, for switching between inputs, that home button works, just hit it settings and whatever. for the xbox when it is switched on, the tv informs you that hdmi input on do you want to use it. That's faster than via settings.

10. Apps. this is the future, the previous 2 year old LG had all of a weather app, you tube and some baseball channel. this is a feast, web browser, and everything else. Critical for me, xbox has apps but last checking it doesn't support flash, previously I'd hdmi a lap top to the older LG to catch a live stream, this all built auto, book mark what you need, everything all in one. Fantastic. Forgot, wifi, easiest setup off all, lan or wifi, wifi without even searching had the router dialed in, password, connect done. Big update first which can be done in the background.

11. 3D. Never seen a 3D tv before. Never really interested me to, haven't even seen a proper 3d movie. So I'm interested in it, hit the 3D demo channel from my provider, nothing happening, just see 2 screens, figger something wrong. Fire up the XBOX to my game which has 3D, hit its options sit back nothing....then...HOLY F%$K, my god I almost fell out of the seat. Un real! Figger got to see what the tv looks like, some good movies on the 3D channel, watch a quick tutorial from the cable co, what to do and what to set, tinker with the tv settings, see nothing like what they say. Sitting on their demo channel nothing happening 2 screens is all I see. By chance I glance down at the control and note a 3D button, press that, presto, side by side and BAM, the screen comes to life. Totally and utterly blown away bu this 3D. Can't wait to watch a movie in it tonight.

Summary: happy as a pig in shirt. not less than my 47 inch LG bigger better modern, more of everything and better than everything. 100% perfect. All I can say if you're waiting for it, wait a bit longer, it's well worth it. For others looking at others, the differences are so trivial once its in your house you'll never know the difference. As far as colors and oddities, I don't see anything of note wrong I have to think that if there is a problem it will be noticeable. then again I don't do DVDs or Blue Ray, don't pipe the surround side thought hdmi, pretty much plug and play with minor adjustments if necessary. Even the remote, from the cable box is all I need. Other setup include xbox 360, Denon AVR 591 Klipsch 5.1 surround speakers, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's, DSS 5.1 Dolby Headphone decoder.

I think it is safe to say if you're upgrading from a 2 year old and absolutely older, LED tv, you will be blown away. Can't ask for more. Damn, if I had the room I would have seriously gone for an 80 inch, but that's for another day. One last note, I do eye level at 10 feet, I know people like to bolt it on the wall way up high and at distance, my enthusiasm is based on that as well.

Big thumbs up for this tv based on all the above. Pretty sure any brand once setup in your house will be just as good.
Devil Dan and psxp like this.
post #282 of 735 Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Tbook, thanks for the informative post. Whos your cable supplier? do you see soap opera effect? My wife and I loved Avatar in the Cinema in 3D and I hear on blueray 3D the film is amazing too. I hope to get a few other 3D titles for fun, but most of the viewing will be cable, blueray and streaming from a plex server. Oh, and Xbox 360.

Well, after the past 2 days of sleepless nights wink.gif reading this thread several times, posting etc, I went to FS and picked up this TV this evening. I just got it into my SUV - big box eh? At home, I only have time to read the manual tonight and check out the glasses.

Maybe have time on the weekend to check it out...
post #283 of 735 Old 01-05-2013, 06:05 AM

I'm with rogers. they got about 5 or 6 HD movies right now, spider man, MIB, tron or something and a few cartoons. I tried Men in Black last night, ouch! Actually started to feel woozy half and hour in, might have been the half bottle of vino, but man oh man, this is obviously something one has to get used to. It's insane. Its so clear and precise and life like your eyes or brain or whatever goes haywire. Very very impressed as its my first time with 3D anything other than years ago the paper glasses and monsters in swamp junk.

Haven't watched anything that would invoked the opera effect as of yet. Mainly watch quality HD channels but do recall possibly dumbing down the motion on the previous model I had. Some HD channels are lower quality than others which is evident from the get go. Never had a problem previously with any movies. But based on all the settings should there be an issue, it can be rectified I am sure.

As far as 3d movies, cursory research while waiting for delivery, xbox doesn't have any (I watch a lot via that vs. movies on demand from rogers), netflix doesn't either (supposed to be "soon"). there is one streamer out there in the US VUDU, browsing there selection looks like they have everything ever made in 3D. However it appears not accessible from Canada, but can be bypassed with a US VPN and billing address which can also be achived with a virtual CC. If rogers 3d movies don't change per month like the normal movies, I may go that avenue. But so far I am still trying to get through one 3d movie.

Only tip I can offer is absolutey switch off the eco engery switch from the get go, no. 1 source of all problems imo. Otherwise, eye level view, this where your eyes are level with the middle of the screen, and as close to the screen as is comfortable, 10 feet +. I may even push it back a bit to 12 feet unless I get accustomed to it. You're totally enveloped in the big screen this way. Buddy's got a samsung 60 inch, 10 feet up on the wall 20 feet from the couch, had to ask him when watching his what size is it. that kind of set up you may as well have a 32 inch at arms lenght.

Try and fire it up this weekend of you can, I expect you will be pleasantly surprised. In my view problems people have, have to be sought with these things, unless it fails straight out of the box i.e. defect wise. I've had good luck with LG, switch out my computer monitors from Samsung which I didn't like, originally, to getting the 47 inch 2 years ago, to this one now. Out of the box for me they work as is by default, save for the energy setting which is a waste of time. Which reminds me the previous LG controller, you could accidentally hit a button or sit on the thing, and activate it unknowingly, where after a while you wonder why the hell is the picture so poor all of sudden. Doesn't look like this is the case with the new one. Similarly, if you do have rogers and use their stb controller like I do, they have that stupid zoom button, which again, you can accidentaly hit or sit on, and without knowing the picture looks terrible, until you realise it. Other than that, LG's awesome so far. Nice toy to have right now while hibernating in the winter. wink.gif
Devil Dan likes this.
post #284 of 735 Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

my set was ISF Pro calibrated, and he didnt bother to access the service menu anymore. because it has already isf expert 1 and 2 modes and those modes they can calibrate youre set. and then after the calibration they will activate ISF Day and ISF Night Mode.

It would be nice if you can share your settings so we all can take advantage since there are no other settings available on the net for this set
post #285 of 735 Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 AM

Liked: 10
Second to ovexi's post.
post #286 of 735 Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovexi View Post

It would be nice if you can share your settings so we all can take advantage since there are no other settings available on the net for this set

caloyzki has the 55LM7600 not this model. Someone get a meter please before I burn another $250 smile.gif

post #287 of 735 Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:

caloyzki has the 55LM7600 not this model. Someone get a meter please before I burn another $250 smile.gif

I didn't know that. For XXLM7600 we have C/Net's calibration/settings here
I don't know how good those settings are for LM7200 but it's worth a shot
post #288 of 735 Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovexi View Post

I didn't know that. For XXLM7600 we have C/Net's calibration/settings here
I don't know how good those settings are for LM7200 but it's worth a shot

Not that good, I've tried smile.gif

All we need are the grayscale settings; even for the LM7600 there are several out there but none work better than my own calibration by eye using test patterns.

post #289 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Got a 60LM7200 a few weeks ago. Definitely vaporware as the only ones appearing available are at Futureshop in Canada. Flipside - very pleased - good picture (used 7600 calibration one expert 2 mode and looks bearable but not quite right, used their built in calibration for expert 1 and pleased.) Will be picking up a calibration DVD as have read that these work well.
Dual play works well although there is some ghosting if you sit too close. Passive 3D works very well and can be adjusted from the menu to the point of making it ridiculous for the kids.

Lightweight, slim for wall mount, decent picture quality (as good as the 7600 when compared side by side in the store), and good price.
post #290 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 24
It does seem to be a hit or miss deal. Wondering if the typical Super Bowl sales will see this back in stores?

Obviously a good product and a good price point.

Best Buy by me had a few and they were gone quickly. Still can order them for in store delivery. Have not so not sure how long it would actually take to be available at the store. Can not order them for home delivery.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #291 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter12345 View Post

very pleased - good picture (used 7600 calibration one expert 2 mode and looks bearable but not quite right, used their built in calibration for expert1 and pleased.

Yeah, one of the less discussed but very useful tool. The Picture Wizard gives a remarkably good picture as you can tailor it to taste.. I keep Expert 1 empty for when I need a rich punchy picture quickly in any light setting using the PW.

post #292 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 AM

Picked up a 60LM7200 yesterday at HH Gregs. Advertised price of $1699 rang uo at $1649 had a 10 percent coupongot it for $1499 before tax. They had three of them. Just incase anyone's looking.
Register on their web site to get the coupon.
post #293 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM

so after a few more posts and thinking about.. I got the LM7200 as mentioned in a previous post.

Last night I took it from the box and placed on a bed to do the stand installation. I love the sturdy stand and its design. Makes the ES7100 I was considering look tacky I think. ;-)

While putting on the stand, I didn't think the screen was too big from looking at the shape of the back but when I set it up on existing TV Stand it looked huge! smile.gifsmile.gif It really made the 42" Toshiba Regza look tiny! It was like going from a 17" to a 24" monitor on my computer

I had a quick play and was surprised to see how the set top box can be controlled from the magic remote. nice.

I have all my devices (XBOX, Cable Box, Bluray) hooked up to the Receiver and then to the TV (HDMI 1)

Heres some points:

Picture
Great picture to me out of the box - I guess I have nothing to compare against? ;-) I did go through the Picture wizard thing though and have it set on those settings. Someone mentioned to turn off the power saving mode? Is this a good idea?
I did notice clouding or bleeding light in the top right corner.. but when content is shown its not really noticeable. Screen is quite reflective when turned off.

Remote
I actually like the Magic Remote so far. Like that the Cable Box (Rogers PVR) can be controlled by it too. I will program my Harmony one later today for it.

3D
When I tried the 3D, I looked at the trailer for BRAVE. WOW.. it was clearer and sharper than I was expecting and way better than an LG passive demo I saw a few months ago in a store which has a ton of ghosting. Much more vibrant then the Active 3D demo I saw on a Samsung as well. Glasses are very light and will be perfect for what I need it for. I ordered the Titanic 3D Bluray for the wife. smile.gif
I tried 2D->3D conversion. Not sure I can see it, but there seems to be some "depth" to it.
Oh, I tried that side by side mode.. not sure whats that for, but looking though one lens on the glasses I see a totally different footage from the other lens..

Style
I love the bezel and the suttle LG logo on the bottom. The style of the stand really gives a "floating" appearance of the screen smile.gif I dont like the bright red LED that's on when the screen is off. Too bright . EDIT: - There is an option to turn this off! Happy with this.

Oh, and I find the screen very reflective when the unit is off. During viewing its good.

So far I'm pretty happy with it. 55" would be ok, but the extra 5" makes for a great home theater screen which is what I wanted. I'm looking forward to viewing my new BluRay collection - Raiders of the Lost Arc, Star Wars Saga, Back to the Future, Toy Story(s) etc smile.gifsmile.gif
Devil Dan likes this.
post #294 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM

For the folks here in southwest Ohio, Morris Home Furnishings had the 7200 on display and in stock just a few days ago. I ordered mine at Best Buy, however, because they price matched Morris and offered free delivery. Its scheduled to be delivered Tuesday.smile.gif
post #295 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:

Style/I dont like the bright red LED that's on when the screen is off. Too bright .

I don't have my 7200 yet to check, but some previous LG LED sets I've had included an option to turn off the red power light. It was kind of buried somewhere in the setup menus.
post #296 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM

I've got a quick WIFI question ...does the 7200 come with a WIFI dongle of some sort that needs to be plugged in to a USB port or is the WIFI just "built in" to the set without need for a dongle? Thanks!
post #297 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:

I've got a quick WIFI question ...does the 7200 come with a WIFI dongle of some sort that needs to be plugged in to a USB port or is the WIFI just "built in" to the set without need for a dongle? Thanks!

Its built in. There is a sticker on the back of the unit showing the Wifi board's details. Also one for Bluetooth... which I guess is for a keyboard??

Update: Keyboard list: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1384030/wireless-keyboard-for-lg-smart-tv
post #298 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:

I don't have my 7200 yet to check, but some previous LG LED sets I've had included an option to turn off the red power light. It was kind of buried somewhere in the setup menus.

update: Thanks!!! I found the option in the Setting menu (Suitcase icon), just above the pointer style option.
post #299 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:

so after a few more posts and thinking about.. I got the LM7200 as mentioned in a previous post.
Last night I took it from the box and placed on a bed to do the stand installation. I love the sturdy stand and its design. Makes the ES7100 I was considering look tacky I think. ;-)
While putting on the stand, I didn't think the screen was too big from looking at the shape of the back but when I set it up on existing TV Stand it looked huge! smile.gifsmile.gif It really made the 42" Toshiba Regza look tiny! It was like going from a 17" to a 24" monitor on my computer
I had a quick play and was surprised to see how the set top box can be controlled from the magic remote. nice.
I have all my devices (XBOX, Cable Box, Bluray) hooked up to the Receiver and then to the TV (HDMI 1)
Heres some points:
Picture
Great picture to me out of the box - I guess I have nothing to compare against? ;-) I did go through the Picture wizard thing though and have it set on those settings. Someone mentioned to turn off the power saving mode? Is this a good idea?
I did notice clouding or bleeding light in the top right corner.. but when content is shown its not really noticeable. Screen is quite reflective when turned off.
Remote
I actually like the Magic Remote so far. Like that the Cable Box (Rogers PVR) can be controlled by it too. I will program my Harmony one later today for it.
3D
When I tried the 3D, I looked at the trailer for BRAVE. WOW.. it was clearer and sharper than I was expecting and way better than an LG passive demo I saw a few months ago in a store. Much more vibrant then the Active 3D demo I saw on a Samsung as well. Glasses are very light and will be perfect for what I need it for. I ordered the Titanic 3D Bluray for the wife. smile.gif
I tried 2D->3D conversion. Not sure I can see it, but there seems to be some "depth" to it.
Oh, I tried that side by side mode.. not sure whats that for, but looking though one lens on the glasses I see a totally different footage from the other lens..
Style
I love the bezel and the suttle LG logo on the bottom. The style of the stand really gives a "floating" appearance of the screen smile.gif I dont like the bright red LED that's on when the screen is off. Too bright .
Oh, and I find the screen very reflective when the unit is off. During viewing its good.
So far I'm pretty happy with it. 55" would be ok, but the extra 5" makes for a great home theater screen which is what I wanted. I'm looking forward to viewing my new BluRay collection - Raiders of the Lost Arc, Star Wars Saga, Back to the Future, Toy Story(s) etc smile.gifsmile.gif

In 3D mode...u can adjust. When u do 2d to 3d it defaults to standard which is minimal... U can choose other modes n also adjust to make it more 3d. Definitely turn off the energy mode n just adjust the brightness....I find the picture wizard gives av pretty good adjustment.
post #300 of 735 Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 PM

So I'm trying to set my devices up.. Going to have an option for cable using tv speakers and another option for tv with sound from the receiver.

I guess I connect cable box to HDMI 2 and use HDMI 1 to receiver. I then turn on the Arc option.

With this setting, I should get sound from the tv going to the receiver right who. I choose that option.. I am talking about tv and also sound from the "3d world" demos etc

Update: Having some issues working the ARC mode from the TV to Receiver. If I play audio from the TV the AVR receiver switches to the TV input to which is the ARC channel, but when I am finished and go back to cable tv, the receiver auto switches on the Bluray. I have to manually switch off the bluray and on the AVR receiver select it to cable.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es6500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page