All I got to say is WOW !
No complaints. Goodness me what a modern technical device.
Let me give a run down as follows (this Canada from Futureshop)
1. Bought the thing on sale as mentioned above, a lot less than what I paid for my 47 inch LG 2 years ago.
2. Supposed to be special delivery for 55 $ supposed to call you the day before to set a 3 hour window. They never did.
3. Totally lucked out being back inside at exactly the time the delivery guy arrived, read all the horror stories that they don't even bother checking for you and truck the thing back to their warehouse never to be seen again.
4. The box is massive actually measured it out 65 inches long around 68lbs had to manouver through the doors and up elevators etc. Could do it yourself but would be bagged afterwards.
5.Got the thing unpacked. Key is to slide the outer case up and off, then the tv sits on the floor with the styrofoam inserts holding it up, so you can access the back to put the stand on. Whole thing still covered in protective, lean it forward and prop up the underside. The stand to do by yourself is a pain, you need to line up the base with the bolted on back piece. Very hard to do when lying down, here with some one else to hold it up and on, it will be much easier as the screws will drop down and through to their respective placements on the stand.
5. Thing is massive, had to swap out my 47 inch LG's stand with something else.
6. Wiring is pretty simple, much less than the 2 y/o 47 inch LG. All straightforward. xbx hdmi, cable box hdmi is all I have/need.
7. Fired it up. WOW. Ignored all the toy prompts, set to 3 channel and got cable going instantly. Straight to National Geographic HD which is the best HD tv channel. Once again WOW. Unbelieveable. This thing makes the 47 inch look like a computer monitor. I got this set 10 feet away, totally and utterly enveloped in it. the bezel which for years has been my main crietria which is why I went with the 47 inch 2 years ago, is even thinner than that. Same screen matte finish mildly mirrored when the tv is off, none at all when it is.
8. Onlu setting switched which I know from my previous one, is to switch of the energy thing, that dulls the color and picture and scews up the picture no matter what other settings you try. So if anyone is struggling, disable auto energy to off. Biggest single difference. Otherwise straight out of the box, looks like mine before which suits me perfectly. Not seeing anything else to tinker with.
9. Wand device is quiet cool, pretty simple to use, very logical, for switching between inputs, that home button works, just hit it settings and whatever. for the xbox when it is switched on, the tv informs you that hdmi input on do you want to use it. That's faster than via settings.
10. Apps. this is the future, the previous 2 year old LG had all of a weather app, you tube and some baseball channel. this is a feast, web browser, and everything else. Critical for me, xbox has apps but last checking it doesn't support flash, previously I'd hdmi a lap top to the older LG to catch a live stream, this all built auto, book mark what you need, everything all in one. Fantastic. Forgot, wifi, easiest setup off all, lan or wifi, wifi without even searching had the router dialed in, password, connect done. Big update first which can be done in the background.
11. 3D. Never seen a 3D tv before. Never really interested me to, haven't even seen a proper 3d movie. So I'm interested in it, hit the 3D demo channel from my provider, nothing happening, just see 2 screens, figger something wrong. Fire up the XBOX to my game which has 3D, hit its options sit back nothing....then...HOLY F%$K, my god I almost fell out of the seat. Un real! Figger got to see what the tv looks like, some good movies on the 3D channel, watch a quick tutorial from the cable co, what to do and what to set, tinker with the tv settings, see nothing like what they say. Sitting on their demo channel nothing happening 2 screens is all I see. By chance I glance down at the control and note a 3D button, press that, presto, side by side and BAM, the screen comes to life. Totally and utterly blown away bu this 3D. Can't wait to watch a movie in it tonight.
Summary: happy as a pig in shirt. not less than my 47 inch LG bigger better modern, more of everything and better than everything. 100% perfect. All I can say if you're waiting for it, wait a bit longer, it's well worth it. For others looking at others, the differences are so trivial once its in your house you'll never know the difference. As far as colors and oddities, I don't see anything of note wrong I have to think that if there is a problem it will be noticeable. then again I don't do DVDs or Blue Ray, don't pipe the surround side thought hdmi, pretty much plug and play with minor adjustments if necessary. Even the remote, from the cable box is all I need. Other setup include xbox 360, Denon AVR 591 Klipsch 5.1 surround speakers, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's, DSS 5.1 Dolby Headphone decoder.
I think it is safe to say if you're upgrading from a 2 year old and absolutely older, LED tv, you will be blown away. Can't ask for more. Damn, if I had the room I would have seriously gone for an 80 inch, but that's for another day. One last note, I do eye level at 10 feet, I know people like to bolt it on the wall way up high and at distance, my enthusiasm is based on that as well.
Big thumbs up for this tv based on all the above. Pretty sure any brand once setup in your house will be just as good.