Official LG XXLM7200 Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #331 of 735 Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Member
 
jmbreci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

By the way, it's not a deal breaker for me, but is anyone else really bothered by that sensor lump on the bottom right of the bezel like I am? It totally ruins the lines of the thing. LG makes something nice looking, and then tacks on something to make it look lopsided?

I think I'm a geometric purist. I don't even like that dew-drop in the middle of the bottom bezel of LG's latest models....

A little OCD, that's all. smile.gif I do understand your desire but to me it is not a big deal because I am going to reuse my articulating mount and have no need for it to be flush against the wall. If it was in my bedroom that would be a different story.

dsayad - The Vizio is plenty thin enough. Go compare that to the Samsung EH series. That's a huge difference. While I cannot get a direct comparison to the LG due to how BB has it mounted, I did not find the Vizio 601 to be significantly different than the Sharp 640u.

I did see something funny last night. BB has the 60" ES8000 hanging up and it has some defects. Sorry but I am drawing a blank but is it tearing when you see the thick blue lines instead of the picture? Anyway...on any motion scenes in the Dark Knight Rises there was a huge amount. Not sure how you are supposed to push that panel with that showing.
jmbreci is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 735 Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbreci View Post

A little OCD, that's all. smile.gif I do understand your desire but to me it is not a big deal because I am going to reuse my articulating mount and have no need for it to be flush against the wall. If it was in my bedroom that would be a different story.

No, no, no. I'm not talking about the speaker making it 2.5" thick. I'm talking about that little sensor on the bottom right of the bezel. TV could be a 1/2" thick everywhere and still that thing would be there and irk me. OCD it is.

Quote:
I did see something funny last night. BB has the 60" ES8000 hanging up and it has some defects. Sorry but I am drawing a blank but is it tearing when you see the thick blue lines instead of the picture? Anyway...on any motion scenes in the Dark Knight Rises there was a huge amount. Not sure how you are supposed to push that panel with that showing.

Yeah, I've seen broken TV's on the wall before. It happens. I'm surprised I don't see it more often.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #333 of 735 Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Member
 
jmbreci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh gotcha. I guess I missed that in reading your earlier response. To clarify my OCD comment was not a dig as almost everyone is over something. As a consumer you have every right to be OCD if you are thinking about purchasing the product. It is not like TVs in this price range are throw away items.
jmbreci is offline  
post #334 of 735 Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Member
 
rer420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sondlen View Post

Well my 7200 keeps turning itself on and off now. Luckily it's still under warranty but damn I was fairly satisfied with the flashlighting etc

have you tried turning plex off to solve the rebooting issue?
if not try that and or disconnect wifi.
rer420 is offline  
post #335 of 735 Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
This is sad.

There are very good reasons for this, I don't fault any customer at all for this, but nevertheless it's the case that over and over again I'm see people do the following:

Buy an expensive TV with high internal framerate and smart this-and-that.
Be turned off by the image artifacts from the interpolation
Be annoyed by a bug in the smartware

And end up turning off options left and right resulting in a 60Hz non-smart TV to be happy.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #336 of 735 Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803

AFAICT, The latest revisions of plex have completely tanked a number of LG tv's temporarily. It's only LG's fault in that they allowed it.

Here's the 43,234,198th related complaint I've read on this topic. From the plex forum: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/48080-plex-media-server-medialink-on-lg-smart-tv/

Basically, this thing is going to manifest itself in subtly different ways, and it always points back to Plex. Congratulations guys. As a software engineer/architect for decades, I sometimes have to marvel at how poorly tested things can be before they're released.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #337 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 AM
Senior Member
 
RiverSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

This is sad.

There are very good reasons for this, I don't fault any customer at all for this, but nevertheless it's the case that over and over again I'm see people do the following:

Buy an expensive TV with high internal framerate and smart this-and-that.
Be turned off by the image artifacts from the interpolation
Be annoyed by a bug in the smartware

And end up turning off options left and right resulting in a 60Hz non-smart TV to be happy.

This is true.. until we get rid of this notion that software interpolation can get us to higher frame rates we'd have these issues. We need hardware fixes, faster panels.. but of course that costs money to manufacture.. paying code jockeys from cheap labor regions is a wiser business decision every time.

If it weren't for awesome 3D or the fact that Youtube, Netflix and media-streaming actually does work on many models, or that I spent half of what I'd have to pay four years ago to buy a 60" LCD TV, I'd agree that every new TV bought today is eventually being run like a 60Hz 'semi-smart' TV.

Insert pithy comment here
RiverSide is offline  
post #338 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

This is true.. until we get rid of this notion that software interpolation can get us to higher frame rates we'd have these issues. We need hardware fixes, faster panels.. but of course that costs money to manufacture..

Not quite...BIG topic this, so I'll be uber terse. The panels are plenty fast as is. Those internal refresh rates (except when playing the smoke and mirrors multiscanning game and related chicanery) are true frames being drawn (keep Plasma out of this particular loop----it's a differing set of rules). What we desperately need are higher FPS sources and have for years and years (hige industry wide overhaul), along with the panels allowing higher than 60Hz in (not a technological problem). Movies are only now starting to experiment with 48FPS releases, and frankly the world won't be quite right until all content is 120 FPS native. (And no interpolation).

As frame rate increases, the effective (perceived) resolution increases as well. Dramatically so. It's been time for this overhaul for decades, and now that we're fully digital in the world we can help push this better. And hands-down thanks to James Cameron and the other powerful purists for refusing to let their movies be released at less than HFR (currently 48). I view the Hobbit as a major concession to allow some theaters to display 24 FPS. Cameron in particular was initially stating that Avatar 2 would not be released to any theater not able to display it at 60 FPS, but has since backed down to 48.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #339 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Anyone try to mount this on a wall yet? I'd like to see how close they could get it, and would being too close hurt the sound? Seriously too bad that no one at LG thought to have the speakers be removable. A $1700 TV certainly sets a wide enough cost margin for this.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #340 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
RiverSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Anyone try to mount this on a wall yet? I'd like to see how close they could get it, and would being too close hurt the sound? Seriously too bad that no one at LG thought to have the speakers be removable. A $1700 TV certainly sets a wide enough cost margin for this.

Mine's on a console but there is a sound setting where you can tell the TV that its wall-mounted.. Probably changes speakers to down fire instead of rear projecting sound.

Insert pithy comment here
RiverSide is offline  
post #341 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Member
 
dsayed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the info folks. I'm going to wait for a bit. Masking out screen sizes on the wall and standing back t viewing distance is steering me towards a 65"!

The outer line is 65. The inner is 60.
dsayed is offline  
post #342 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Member
 
rer420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsayed View Post

Thanks for the info folks. I'm going to wait for a bit. Masking out screen sizes on the wall and standing back t viewing distance is steering me towards a 65"!

The outer line is 65. The inner is 60.

go for the 4k 84" eek.gif
rer420 is offline  
post #343 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Regarding TruMotion on the 7200 (since the topic came up just recently).. what sort of adjustments are there? I haven't been able to find the manual for download, and I won't be purchasing the TV for at least another month or so. I had a few questions about the feature:

First, at what effective framerate does it actually run? They like to say "120Hz", but I get the feeling the content never actually displays any faster than 60fps. Would I be correct in that assumption?

Is there a way to specify the output frame rate? I have software on my PC that has the option of using my displays native fps (60), or simply doubling the framerate of the content. Most of my content is 24p, so the result for these is 48fps (i.e. "Hobbit" framerate), and I found the output to be not nearly as "jarring" as 60fps, and seems to have a more natural feel to it. Switching back and forth shows a surprisingly noticeable difference between 48fps and 60fps. Does the LG have any options like that?

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Jedi2016 is offline  
post #344 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Member
 
dsayed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

go for the 4k 84" eek.gif

That'll be the bedroom set wink.gif
dsayed is offline  
post #345 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

Regarding TruMotion on the 7200 (since the topic came up just recently).. what sort of adjustments are there? I haven't been able to find the manual for download, and I won't be purchasing the TV for at least another month or so. I had a few questions about the feature:

First, at what effective framerate does it actually run? They like to say "120Hz", but I get the feeling the content never actually displays any faster than 60fps. Would I be correct in that assumption?

No, 120 Hz TV's are actually displaying 120 frames a second. The highest *input* it'll take is 60Hz. The extra frames are interpolative frames concocted as a kind of "in between" to help aid motion. BTW, a huge confusion among many shows up as soon as interlacing occurs. For the time being, a comcast STB will output nothing but 1080i at 60Hz, which is 60 half-frames a second, or 30 FPS. This is sometimes referred to as 30 Hz, but that's a colloquialism. TV's that display the input rate will display the number "60 Hz" in such cases.

Quote:
Is there a way to specify the output frame rate? I have software on my PC that has the option of using my displays native fps (60), or simply doubling the framerate of the content. Most of my content is 24p, so the result for these is 48fps (i.e. "Hobbit" framerate)

Clarify. What do you mean that the result is 48 FPS? If you have 24FPS source, then you can duplicate every frame all you want, you won't have the 48 FPS (HFR) effect of the Hobbit.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #346 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsayed View Post

Thanks for the info folks. I'm going to wait for a bit. Masking out screen sizes on the wall and standing back t viewing distance is steering me towards a 65"!

The outer line is 65. The inner is 60.

Maybe it is just the angle or something, but are you sure you measured those right? It seems to be a much greater then a 5 inch difference diagonally.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #347 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Clarify. What do you mean that the result is 48 FPS? If you have 24FPS source, then you can duplicate every frame all you want, you won't have the 48 FPS (HFR) effect of the Hobbit.
Software frame interpolation, it's creating the in-between frames (hence "doubling the framerate", and not "duplicating frames", I'm well aware of the difference). That's what TruMotion is, unless I've been misreading everything for the last year or so. I'm doing through software on my PC what the TV does internally through hardware.

My question is, what's the actual output framerate of TruMotion, and is it adjustable?

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Jedi2016 is offline  
post #348 of 735 Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

Software frame interpolation, it's creating the in-between frames (hence "doubling the framerate", and not "duplicating frames", I'm well aware of the difference). That's what TruMotion is, unless I've been misreading everything for the last year or so. I'm doing through software on my PC what the TV does internally through hardware.

My question is, what's the actual output framerate of TruMotion, and is it adjustable?

Ah. Still, I'd be careful of the supposed frame rate with interlacing, but I see what you're asking.

It's up to the TV of course, but most TV's I've heard of have a "game mode" where they can take up to 60 Hz and display it 1:1 with no tweening. This is important to mitigate the computational lag that shows up and drives gamers berserk. Otherwise you have the trumotion on which puts the interpolative frames in. I have no idea to what extent you can control if 120Hz or 240Hz is used.

BTW, I don't know for sure if the LG grunt that informed someone elsewhere in this or the 7600 thread that the 240Hz is only engaged for 3D. It doesn't make sense to me that that would be the case. Especially not for a passive set.

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #349 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
possibly fixed flashlight issue??

So my set has had some flashlighting in both bottom corners. It isn't terrible, but it bothers me to spend $1700 and have issues. I did an online search and found that some people said they have alleviated the problem buy massaging or tapping on the area. This sounds silly to me, but I figured why not try it. I started to press firmly on the bottom corners, enough to cause the rainbow effect where I was pressing. On the left bottom, as I pressed I heard a snap. Not like a breaking snap, but like something snapping into place. The flashlighting immediately went away. I tried it on the other side and the same snapping sound happend and the flashlighting was gone. I tried it on the upper corners that did not have a flashlighting problem and there was no snap. It seems that something was out of place. I am not sure what.....but there is a remarkable difference. I turned the tv on and off several times and it did not come back.

I will check it out tonight after work to see if it still looks good.

Do at your own risk!!!

--Ray
Devil Dan, Finsta and firpi8 like this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #350 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

possibly fixed flashlight issue??

So my set has had some flashlighting in both bottom corners. It isn't terrible, but it bothers me to spend $1700 and have issues. I did an online search and found that some people said they have alleviated the problem buy massaging or tapping on the area. This sounds silly to me, but I figured why not try it. I started to press firmly on the bottom corners, enough to cause the rainbow effect where I was pressing. On the left bottom, as I pressed I heard a snap. Not like a breaking snap, but like something snapping into place. The flashlighting immediately went away. I tried it on the other side and the same snapping sound happend and the flashlighting was gone. I tried it on the upper corners that did not have a flashlighting problem and there was no snap. It seems that something was out of place. I am not sure what.....but there is a remarkable difference. I turned the tv on and off several times and it did not come back.

I will check it out tonight after work to see if it still looks good.

Do at your own risk!!!

--Ray

Hey, that's FANTASTIC!!!! I saw the part where you were pressing on the part of the screen that had no flashlighting and said to myself "there's an engineer." We are forced to fault-isolate the issues even if it ends up making things worse. LOL.....

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #351 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
I am very anxious to check out the picture when I get home to see if it still looks good. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Not an engineer, but I do a lot of software testing at work smile.gif

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #352 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I am very anxious to check out the picture when I get home to see if it still looks good. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Not an engineer, but I do a lot of software testing at work smile.gif

Well maybe next time don't push on the part of the TV that *IS* working......not worth knowing. smile.gif

Beware the statistical correlations that sound like they're indicative of something. Drowning deaths are tightly correlated to ice cream consumption. In fact, be wary of any statistic that is stated as if it comes with a self-evident conclusion: there is no such thing.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #353 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Member
 
badyelloevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsayed View Post

Seriously thinking about this TV or the $1000 Vizio 60".
Is there a specific build date that I should be looking for and why on earth does it only seem to be available at Best Buy?

Just be aware that the 60" Vizio takes 18 seconds to turn on. It don't sound like much but it's really annoying. I took one back because of it and got the LG. Better picture on the Lg anyways.
badyelloevette is offline  
post #354 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Turned the TV on when I got home and there is still no flash lighting!

I am finally able to adjust the picture without worry of increasing the flashlight effect.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #355 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Well maybe next time don't push on the part of the TV that *IS* working......not worth knowing. smile.gif

I thought about that as I was doing it. The TV is still in the return period for a few more weeks. I was about to return it anyways.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #356 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Member
 
rer420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I thought about that as I was doing it. The TV is still in the return period for a few more weeks. I was about to return it anyways.

happy to hear of your discovery/fix.....so is there 0 light bleed anywhere on yer set now or is it just minimized to an acceptable level now...would be nice to see a pic or 2 so other users can compare to see whats considered good/fair/poor as well include the backlight and local dimming and brightness/contrast etc settings you are using.
ive heard of others doing things like loosening screws for a few days etc, but i havent had the need yet to play around with my set...but it is obvious that when you gently press on the edge of the panel that any flashlight or bleed is greatly reduced or eliminated......maybe its a flaw in manufacturing with such small bevels but im sure like yourself has, somebody will figure out a perfect fix which may mean slight modification of how the panel mounts inside to hold it in place better...i dont know, but after my warranty is done, its game on!! biggrin.gif
rer420 is offline  
post #357 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Newbie
 
breeze23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you use external speakers with the 3d videos on the app menu? If so, how do you turn that feature on?
breeze23 is offline  
post #358 of 735 Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Member
 
jmbreci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI....I think BB may stop stocking these. I got the last one in town tonight and was told that they cannot order any more in. I am not picking it up for a day or two and then I have to pull down my wall mounted 50" and replace it with this. I have one happy son and one annoyed wife. How does the phrase goes - you can please some of the people all of the time. smile.gif
jmbreci is offline  
post #359 of 735 Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

happy to hear of your discovery/fix.....so is there 0 light bleed anywhere on yer set now or is it just minimized to an acceptable level now...would be nice to see a pic or 2 so other users can compare to see whats considered good/fair/poor as well include the backlight and local dimming and brightness/contrast etc settings you are using.
ive heard of others doing things like loosening screws for a few days etc, but i havent had the need yet to play around with my set...but it is obvious that when you gently press on the edge of the panel that any flashlight or bleed is greatly reduced or eliminated......maybe its a flaw in manufacturing with such small bevels but im sure like yourself has, somebody will figure out a perfect fix which may mean slight modification of how the panel mounts inside to hold it in place better...i dont know, but after my warranty is done, its game on!! biggrin.gif

None that I can see in a moderately lit room. I will take a picture tomorrow evening and post it here.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #360 of 735 Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbreci View Post

FYI....I think BB may stop stocking these. I got the last one in town tonight and was told that they cannot order any more in. I am not picking it up for a day or two and then I have to pull down my wall mounted 50" and replace it with this. I have one happy son and one annoyed wife. How does the phrase goes - you can please some of the people all of the time. smile.gif

That seems strange since they just advertised it in their ad this week.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es6500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off