Official LG XXLM7200 Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 737 Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One time, I wanted to buy home theatre set for my parents. Thyey moved back to Europe, where PAL system is a standard. So I asked the guy if this unit support pal. I was shocked when he took DVD out and start looking at back of the unit, and told me that he don't see "output for pal" smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 737 Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Is this a beat-frequency issue with the camera, or is there a TON of horizontal banding on that "PICTURE" menu's white background!!!!????

Must be an issue with the camera. I took it with my iPhone (too lazy to get the good camera out).

I will check with my own eyes when I get hom, but I have looked at the static gray background that comes up when the tv doesn't receive a signal many times for banding and didn't see anything. That menu is actually gray.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
post #393 of 737 Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Must be an issue with the camera. I took it with my iPhone (too lazy to get the good camera out).

I will check with my own eyes when I get hom, but I have looked at the static gray background that comes up when the tv doesn't receive a signal many times for banding and didn't see anything. That menu is actually gray.

Just make sure you check that precise menu, in case the background is subtly altered from what you thought you saw before. Sorry to raise an alarm----I hope it doesn't turn out true and rattle your faith in the TV. :-/

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #394 of 737 Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 PM

Yes I heard the snap that you mentioned. It freaked me out for a second but it fixed the problem. The other side worked out the same way and I'm now very pleased with the tv. Thank you for sharing your tip. I have two friends who have LG's also. They don't lerk around on the forems like i do so this will be a pleasant surprise for them. Thanks again. Mike

LG 60LM7200, Pioneer SC-05, Panamax M4300-PM, Oppo BDP-103, Paridigm Monitor7's (fronts and center), Velodyne F-1200, Infinity surrounds.
post #395 of 737 Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Roach, go back and delete the duplicate posts. Look for the red X.

In any case, I'm not sure that snap idea will work with the other higher LM models. They seem to have the bezel hidden under the facing glass plate, like the Panasonics and Samsungs, no? (<---Please correct me if I'm wrong). This would make it hard to press on the LCD array itself---the bezel would hold it up.

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #396 of 737 Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Roach, go back and delete the duplicate posts. Look for the red X.

In any case, I'm not sure that snap idea will work with the other higher LM models. They seem to have the bezel hidden under the facing glass plate, like the Panasonics and Samsungs, no? (<---Please correct me if I'm wrong). This would make it hard to press on the LCD array itself---the bezel would hold it up.

Wrong, the 8600, 7600, 6700....all have a bezel outside of the screen.
post #397 of 737 Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

Ah.....this is what you meant. Gotcha.

post #398 of 737 Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

No, I might be right after all. You're discounting the top and sides, which look *under* the glass. Please respond in the 7600 forum only until you and I get this sorted out. We're polluting the bejeebers out of two threads for no reason.

post #399 of 737 Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Is this a beat-frequency issue with the camera, or is there a TON of horizontal banding on that "PICTURE" menu's white background!!!!????

No, it's designed to look that way. It's supposed to look like brushed metal or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I have looked at the static gray background that comes up when the tv doesn't receive a signal many times for banding and didn't see anything. That menu is actually gray.

Yeah, I don't see mine on that screen either, but it's too dark a shade. If you want to check, try the following three solid gray slides. View them fullscreen on your set and see if anything shows up. If not, then I definitely have a lemon.

post #400 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sondlen View Post

Well my 7200 keeps turning itself on and off now. Luckily it's still under warranty but damn I was fairly satisfied with the flashlighting etc

Mine is doing the same thing.mad.gif Have you had it looked at yet?
post #401 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabor View Post

Turn off the wifi; it might be your Plex app. That thing is a weird one. Google around for it in here.

post #402 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:

Turn off the wifi; it might be your Plex app. That thing is a weird one. Google around for it in here.

which LG tv do you own?
post #403 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

which LG tv do you own?

I don't. I've been immersed in the LG line for so long that I feel like I know every problem by heart.

post #404 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmcasual View Post

This entire thread needs a preface...
The lg60lm7200 is vaporware at best and possibly discontinued. It was a small batch run as a promo by LG for black Friday..
Take note.. Best Buy is the only one that leaves a display model up for a non existent product.

just FYI. . .

stores seem to be getting a decent stock of this model TV in stores.

Locally, hhGregg has 6 in stock

Best Buy has 3 new, and 1 open box
post #405 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaturez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmcasual View Post

This entire thread needs a preface...
The lg60lm7200 is vaporware at best and possibly discontinued. It was a small batch run as a promo by LG for black Friday..
Take note.. Best Buy is the only one that leaves a display model up for a non existent product.

just FYI. . .

stores seem to be getting a decent stock of this model TV in stores.

Locally, hhGregg has 6 in stock

Best Buy has 3 new, and 1 open box

Yeah besides, he's misusing a term: "vaporware" describes would-be products that don't exist. Limited run products are real products. I have no idea what the fuss is all about.

post #406 of 737 Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:

Mine just started power cycling too, every 10 seconds or so. I don't even have enough time to get into the menus to turn anything off. Looks like this has to go back. Time for a Samsung!

On a side note, I tried the "snap corner" technique to minimize flashlighting. While it did seem to help a bit I'd advise to use caution when doing this. One of my corners ended up dark right in the immediate corner with flashlighting around it, which looked worse than the even flashlighting before I snapped the corner in. So be careful.

EDIT: Stand down! No need to return your TV! After some troubleshooting and research I've found the rebooting is 100% a Plex Server issue. Let me save you some time... just go to this thread:
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/54343-lg-tv-rebooting/page__st__200

Manually update your PMS version and you should be up and running again.
Devil Dan likes this.
post #407 of 737 Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 AM

hey all

I just got this tv on 1/19/13, huge fan of LG products. Upgrading living room tv from Viera Panny plasma 50". Panny was using S-video cable, so i at this time i'm just using the basic rear connections. So when i go to HDMI this issue i'm seeing might fix it, but you tell me.

I was skipping thru the cable channels trying to find a color rich movie to watch to check out new tv, i came across Pirates Carib. 3 and John Carter. So i'm watching John carter and when he starts jumping from those air ships man the screen was like sorta freezing. He wasn't clear after he takes off from spot till he lands, so looked like 8 bit nintendo crap...seriously Same similar issue was happening in pirates Carib, when they started fighting picture frames gets screwy..like tv can't process it. No i wasn't using 3d tech while watching it.

Again i know i'm not using HDMI.

any thougts
post #408 of 737 Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMisM View Post

Mine just started power cycling too, every 10 seconds or so. I don't even have enough time to get into the menus to turn anything off. Looks like this has to go back. Time for a Samsung!

On a side note, I tried the "snap corner" technique to minimize flashlighting. While it did seem to help a bit I'd advise to use caution when doing this. One of my corners ended up dark right in the immediate corner with flashlighting around it, which looked worse than the even flashlighting before I snapped the corner in. So be careful.

EDIT: Stand down! No need to return your TV! After some troubleshooting and research I've found the rebooting is 100% a Plex Server issue. Let me save you some time... just go to this thread:
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/54343-lg-tv-rebooting/page__st__200

Manually update your PMS version and you should be up and running again.

I've been trying to warn people about this as I see the complaints. I'd ask everyone to do the same. A *LOT* of posts on LG subforums, and I'm betting it's causing a *LOT* of returns unnecessarily. I saw one person try it out on a few different models, each with the same effect, each one returned.

post #409 of 737 Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM

I am not at home, so I cannot verify this yet. But looking at the link is confusing me. Is Plex part of the TV firmware?
post #410 of 737 Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:

I am not at home, so I cannot verify this yet. But looking at the link is confusing me. Is Plex part of the TV firmware?

No, the Plex that would be causing this would be running on another piece of equipment on your network. That would cause the TV to reboot. Do you have Plex installed on a PC?
post #411 of 737 Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM

No. Not installed anywhere. First I have heard of it.
post #412 of 737 Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:

No. Not installed anywhere. First I have heard of it.
If there isn't a Plex Media Server running on your network and your TV is rebooting constantly, then you may actually have a problem with your TV. To be absolutely sure, unplug your router and see if the TV stays on. If the problem goes away and your TV is fine without network, then your next step is to troubleshoot and figure out what app is causing the crash via network. Try disabling Smart Link on your TV too if you can.

It would be nice if there was an option to disable apps on your TV and make it a dumb panel if you choose. I don't use any of the "smart" crap on my TV, but I wanted 3D so had to get it. Still a great TV for the price.
post #413 of 737 Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone23 View Post

hey all

I just got this tv on 1/19/13, huge fan of LG products. Upgrading living room tv from Viera Panny plasma 50". Panny was using S-video cable, so i at this time i'm just using the basic rear connections. So when i go to HDMI this issue i'm seeing might fix it, but you tell me.

I was skipping thru the cable channels trying to find a color rich movie to watch to check out new tv, i came across Pirates Carib. 3 and John Carter. So i'm watching John carter and when he starts jumping from those air ships man the screen was like sorta freezing. He wasn't clear after he takes off from spot till he lands, so looked like 8 bit nintendo crap...seriously Same similar issue was happening in pirates Carib, when they started fighting picture frames gets screwy..like tv can't process it. No i wasn't using 3d tech while watching it.

any thougts

I feel you are wasting your money if you buy a $1700 TV and use s-video.

I don't even own an s-video cable any longer to try it.

Do you not have a blu ray player or even a DVD player that has hdmi to test with?

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
post #414 of 737 Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM

had my tv for a week now still playing around with it so far im very pleased,
did any of you guys purchase an extended warranty for it if so who did you go with as im looking to purchase one and want the best coverage from a good company
post #415 of 737 Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just got this tv on 1/19/13, huge fan of LG products. Upgrading living room tv from Viera Panny plasma 50". Panny was using S-video cable,

I personally love S-video for CRT tv's and the like. It's how I'm driving my CRT now, and it's more crystal clear than anyone can ever imagine. Surprises many people.

However.....

You're UPGRADING from an HDTV that was using S-video all along? How many years were you not using HDMI? That amazes me.....your plasma hasn't been doing half of what it could have been.

post #416 of 737 Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:

hey all

any thougts

Mind boggling is the phrase that comes to mind. You are using a cable that does not even support full bandwidth of a DVD and you are wondering why you are getting crappy graphics on your new HDTV. Does it look something like Doom (original) does on your computer monitor? 20 year old cable standard vs 20 year old game - which looks better? You are running Doom (okay, maybe Doom 2 or even Quake) graphics in a Mass Effect 3 world (take your game pick - Halo 4, Borderlands 2, etc...)

Unless you get a HDMI cable you cannot make any valid comments about the television picture. While a composite cable will do, you will probably spend more at this point.
post #417 of 737 Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbreci View Post

Mind boggling is the phrase that comes to mind. You are using a cable that does not even support full bandwidth of a DVD

Back when it was the only game going, I'd have argued the opposite to this point to death.

Quote:
Unless you get a HDMI cable you cannot make any valid comments about the television picture. While a composite cable will do, you will probably spend more at this point.

I understand what you're saying, and you're not strictly saying otherwise but I read the wrong thing from your tone. He is absolutely welcome to pose any questions regarding any connection, even RF coax or 300Ω twin-lead if he likes. The only problem is that the value of any feedback we give him will be horribly squashed by a few factors, not the least of which that many TV's that are spectacular at HD just do not handle SD very well.

post #418 of 737 Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Tone23, please consider upgrading both your old set (if it's not gone yet) and your new set with HDMI (and DON'T spend a lot). You'll get a true sense as to what we're talking about and understand the before and after.

As far as fault-isolating any picture quality issues now, it'll be impossible for you to discover where the bodies are buried without HDMI, so do that ASAP.

post #419 of 737 Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM

...still looking for the service code to enter the service menus on my 60LM7200. frown.gif
Anybody have any luck with this yet? I've scoured the net and have tried multiple ways to access but it seems none of the ways work for this model of tv. I can pair up with the tv via lg commander but can't bring up the menus... Anybody have success. All I want to do is enable 5.1 ac3 sound through the optical port so I can get 5.1 sound via my a/v receiver.
post #420 of 737 Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 45
^^^^^ use a universal remote to get access to the service menu and enter the code, 0000 for old models and 0413 mostly for newer models.

Panasonic 60VT60
Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es6500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page