Official LG XXLM7200 Thread - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 737 Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Funny timing, I just did that the other day. Was reading that LG open source site, had an old harmony 300 remote laying around, went through a circus to update the software for it on Logitech's site, the service button showed up, drag and dropped it onto the remote (this via their software) and gave it a go. Code is 0413, however this is the EZ _Adjust menu only. Don't see anything related to audio. I'm also looking to switch the optical out, which is set at PCM, to 5.1. I think the menu required is the in_start menu, but this button doesn't show up anywhere. Unless one of the codes on the EZ_adjust represents audio somehow? Anyone know how to decipher it all?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 737 Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I understand what you're saying, and you're not strictly saying otherwise but I read the wrong thing from your tone. He is absolutely welcome to pose any questions regarding any connection, even RF coax or 300Ω twin-lead if he likes. The only problem is that the value of any feedback we give him will be horribly squashed by a few factors, not the least of which that many TV's that are spectacular at HD just do not handle SD very well.

Questions are always welcome and I was not trying to suggest to anyone not to ask one but I see what you are saying. If it was read as that I apologize. Maybe I should have said that without a component or HDMI cable it will be hard to judge the PQ of the television.

Time to go make a few minor setting adjustments and pop in a movie.
post #423 of 737 Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbook View Post

Funny timing, I just did that the other day. Was reading that LG open source site, had an old harmony 300 remote laying around, went through a circus to update the software for it on Logitech's site, the service button showed up, drag and dropped it onto the remote (this via their software) and gave it a go. Code is 0413, however this is the EZ _Adjust menu only. Don't see anything related to audio. I'm also looking to switch the optical out, which is set at PCM, to 5.1. I think the menu required is the in_start menu, but this button doesn't show up anywhere. Unless one of the codes on the EZ_adjust represents audio somehow? Anyone know how to decipher it all?

There is a lot of info regarding service menu in the XXLM7600 thread. You can start here first
post #424 of 737 Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:

check the edid option? change from pcm to ac3...it may be under one of the tool options...check number 5 maybe.
EDID_TYPE > DTS/PCM/AC3
post #425 of 737 Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM

Thanks! Found it, it's under Option 7. For the record the above pic is from the lg wiki site which I believe is older European models. Below is ours:

post #426 of 737 Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 PM

Help! I was playing around in the service menu and changed something I shouldn't have! Can someone post a picture of the default settings of "3. Tool Option4"? I did something that made me lose my ability to use the TV Tuner. I thought I changed everything back but apparently not. A factory reset did not seem to reset these options. Thanks in advanced! I will owe you!

Items are:
Local Dimming
Power Type
Digital Demod-S
Digital Demod-T/C
Analog Demod
Audio Amp.

I am pretty sure I did something with a combination of the bottom 4 settings.
post #427 of 737 Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM

Here smile.gif

tireddad13 likes this.
post #428 of 737 Old 01-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Here smile.gif

You are awesome! I owe you a virtual beer.
post #429 of 737 Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Okay, I just unpacked my vaporware and got it hooked up in the living room. So far, so good. Picture is wonderful, 3D is wow, the usual.

One question: How do I save the picture options? It seems that whenever I play something, it all goes back to defaults, with TruMotion and other features turned on, that I want turned off. I would have expected it to be done on a per-input basis, so everything from HDMI1 would be treated the same, but these are all things coming from my Blu-ray player, including normal 2D streaming, 3D streaming, etc, I'm having to change it every time. These are the "features" that keep coming back, my overall picture settings (color/brightness/contrast, etc) are all staying where they are.

Is this something that it will just "learn" over time? Is it changing because I'm feeding it different files (like 2D and then 3D)?

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #430 of 737 Old 01-27-2013, 12:08 PM

Each input saves 2 sets of settings, one with 3D on and one with 3D off. And I've found no way to copy these automatically either, except if you are using the Picture Wizard. Also be aware that if you do try out the Picture Wizard, that the results will save under Expert 1, so if you are just playing with expert settings, you might want to do so with 2.

If you find settings you really like please post. I tried out the CNET recommendations for the 47lm7600 and did not care for them. I am just using an adjustment of Standard right now, with backlight down to 70, tint to red 3 and tone to warm 10. I also changed local dimming to low.
Devil Dan likes this.
post #431 of 737 Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM

Liked: 14
Well we've made progress.. From not finding it in stores to doubting its a limited-run BFspecial to hacking into the service menu. What's left is some website or enterprising owner to calibrate grayscale and share.

Using various test patterns I've now moved to a different set of basic settings. Contrast around 84 to avoid color clipping, Brightness around 52, color around 52, tint slightly positive in green territory, sharpness no more than 20, gamma 2.2 for daytime, 2.4 for completely dark room. Everything else off.. Local dimming robs contrast, dynamic contrast crushes black, TruMotion causes artifacts, so does super resolution. Real cinema helps and sometimes if you are in Expert mode I have a funny feeling that it auto detects and turns itself on.

Insert pithy comment here
post #432 of 737 Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

Well we've made progress.. From not finding it in stores to doubting its a limited-run BFspecial to hacking into the service menu. What's left is some website or enterprising owner to calibrate grayscale and share.

....or calibrate with Disney's WOW. I don't have personal experience with it, but I hear it's really great. There are others too.

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-WOW-World-Wonder-n/dp/B0045ASBUC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359340775&sr=8-3&keywords=disney+wow

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!
post #433 of 737 Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM

I just back-lit my 7200. Hard to explain what it does, after watching it for a while you don't even notice until you shut it off. Makes a stunning difference in the picture. I don't know why or how but I like it. Bought a LED strip off Amazon for $28. You can change colors to about anything you want. The blue seems to suit me the best. Only problem I see is the shadows where the speakers are that block the light because it is setting right against the wall.

Devil Dan likes this.
post #434 of 737 Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Use of an ambient light (backlighting as you call it) is an excellent way to trick the eye and mind into perceiving blacker blacks which results in better color perception and draws the eyes to the panel and not the surrounding features. I use a 7W CFL (60W equivalent) with a temperature of about 5500k (CI unknown) on a neutral colored wall. Personally, I don't like the use of different colored lights because it takes away, IMO, from the panel calibration but it all comes down to personal preference.
post #435 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 AM

I have Disney's WOW. For the 20$ or so, it's very comprehensive and covers everything. The expert mode is quite serious but tedious something I don't have the patience for at the moment. The general mode caught only 2 corrections need out of the handful it performs, biggest surprise being that the aspect ratio is completely off. Default for me is 16:9. This is way out beyond the screen (larger). Setting it to "just scan" corrects it perfectly and while subtle actually cleans the picture up nicely. The only other correction was contrast (default 100%), correction to 80%, This all on default Standard User picture setting. For my needs it is now even better than before. If you want to tweak the Expert settings and got the time and patience the disc will allow for that for sure. Just very time consuming.

So far zero complaints with the set in the 3+ weeks I have had it. No surprises or problems at all. Only tiny niggling irritation is the timeout of the cursor. You'll move it, click on something, read, 5 seconds later you got to move your hand or arm to get it moving again. Bugs me a bit that. The other tip is while wireless is convenient it is slow as molasses and is always slower than wired, specially on a dumb computer like this (it's actually Linux) when browsing. I have 150 Mbps connection which runs at 40 Mbps wireless on my computer and 100 Mbps wired. I couldn't handle the TV being wireless and wired it back up which doubled its browsing speed to tolerable.
post #436 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

....or calibrate with Disney's WOW. I don't have personal experience with it, but I hear it's really great. There are others too.

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-WOW-World-Wonder-n/dp/B0045ASBUC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359340775&sr=8-3&keywords=disney+wow

It's a good beginner disk. What we need is proper grayscale adjustment and CMS settings which requires 0-100 IRE patterns and involve the use of a meter. My basic settings were accomplished using the free AVS patterns; an excellent reference for basic calibrations by eye. Contains several advanced patterns which are useful if one has a meter.

post #437 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM

eek.gif possibly the finest example of 3D. "Insects Talk" in particular the introduction. This in the LG 3D app. Had to look it up because it makes the 3D cartoon movies look like 2D. "3D educational film optimized for 4D special FX". Unreal.
post #438 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
While playing video through a USB source, is it possible to pause, rewind and fast forward using a universal remote with play, pause, rewind etc buttons ?
post #439 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 PM

Is anyone having problems with the ARC port (Hdmi port 1) on this set? I bought an arc compliant receiver and i get no signal when I plug into the arc port on the TV. I tried my blu ray player connected to that port and no signal there either. Is anyone here using the Hdmi no. 1 slot for anything? I think mine is broken.
post #440 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel danger View Post

Is anyone having problems with the ARC port (Hdmi port 1) on this set? I bought an arc compliant receiver and i get no signal when I plug into the arc port on the TV. I tried my blu ray player connected to that port and no signal there either. Is anyone here using the Hdmi no. 1 slot for anything? I think mine is broken.

Upon unpacking I hooked my PS3 up to HDMI 1 and now I have DirecTV hooked up to it and it works fine. Sounds like a defect with your set. I had an input problem on a set a number of years ago....really, really annoying. Best wishes for you on that.

Need this thing to go on sale in the next 6 weeks....c'mon BB.
post #441 of 737 Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Yeah it looks that way. Looks like that black tie warranty is going to start earning its keep early. Geek squad to the rescue!
post #442 of 737 Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxlee View Post

While playing video through a USB source, is it possible to pause, rewind and fast forward using a universal remote with play, pause, rewind etc buttons ?
Yes it's possible. I used my Harmony One to change the volume, 3D settings, control the built-in player, etc. You still need the "Wii" remote to change most of the TV settings though. You can't do everything with the Harmony
post #443 of 737 Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM

Question for you guys. Is there an app to view Netflix or is just through the TV browser?
post #444 of 737 Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel danger View Post

I am using HDMI1 connected to my AVR, which in turn all my devices (Uverse, PS3, Wii, DVD, AppleTV) are connected to my AVR and am not having any issues with sound from any device.
post #445 of 737 Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM

Since the only working option for me is using LG commander, I need the 3-4 digit number to access the svc menu BEFORE entering x413 or x018 or 0000. I can access my 60LM7200 via my PC but the codes that used to work are no longer valid for 2012/2013 models. I'm hoping someone out there is in the same boat and found a solution...
post #446 of 737 Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimp View Post

Question for you guys. Is there an app to view Netflix or is just through the TV browser?

There are dedicated apps for Netflix and Youtube.. No Amazon Instant yet

post #447 of 737 Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Need Recommended Settings For Light Bleed Test. Vivid, Standard, Cinema etc and Brightness, Back-lighting, Contrast etc.

Thanks.
post #448 of 737 Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxlee View Post

Need Recommended Settings For Light Bleed Test. Vivid, Standard, Cinema etc and Brightness, Back-lighting, Contrast etc.

Thanks.
user expert1 ...turn off local dimming, crank up backlight to 70....contrast at 70, brightness 50.
view various contents with black image, black bars and turn off the lights in your room and make sure the room is fairly dark.
that will give you an idea of how bad it is, but it should get much better as you tweak the settings and adjust your advanced calibration settings according to cnet guide.
you wont notice much light bleed if your in a well lit room and it doesnt affect most content, just stuff with dark images and black bars.
Devil Dan likes this.
post #449 of 737 Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

There are dedicated apps for Netflix and Youtube.. No Amazon Instant yet

Where are these apps at? I cannot seem to find them.
post #450 of 737 Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

user expert1 ...turn off local dimming, crank up backlight to 70....contrast at 70, brightness 50.
view various contents with black image, black bars and turn off the lights in your room and make sure the room is fairly dark.
that will give you an idea of how bad it is, but it should get much better as you tweak the settings and adjust your advanced calibration settings according to cnet guide.
you wont notice much light bleed if your in a well lit room and it doesnt affect most content, just stuff with dark images and black bars.

Thanks man, I run the tests this evening when I get home. I'm seeing some bleeding and cloudiness in the bottom corners. I'll upload some pics for the experts to evaluate.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es6500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread