edit: double-post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 735 Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Some screenshots from day-time TV, source is an outdoor antenna. Room has multiple windows and is quite bright in the morning; some reflections are visible in the glossy screen in some pictures. All taken from my iPhone 4s.. just e-mailed them to myself and downloaded to computer to embed here. No retouching expect flipping them; they were all upside down.

First an SD image from a PBS broadcast.

NBC daytime

This one is ABC perhaps

PBS - animation

Insert pithy comment here
post #183 of 735 Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragaimeena View Post

http://www.rcaware.com/#2904

Thank you, but I think I'll wait. Just read about possible jb for my atv3 that might come out by end of december(finally). Xmbc on atv would resolve my lack of pc remote. I do use "hipporemote" for now but actual phisical remote is what I prefer.
Btw have you guys already tried that dual play feature. The first time I put dual play to test - its just blowed my mind.
Don't even need to buy special glasses, very simple to make them from 2 regular ones. Just need small philips screwdriver, scissor and some patience.
post #184 of 735 Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM

One more thing. Does any one knows how to access ez adjust (service menu) on lm series?
post #185 of 735 Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 AM

Liked: 11
How is the clouding and flash-lighting on everybody's 7200? I had one and returned it it was so bad but can't find anything else I would rather have. Thinking about trying another. Has anybody tried to remove the speakers? Didn't look possible when looking at the one I had but it would be nice to mount against the wall.
post #186 of 735 Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Thanks a lot for those pictures. Could you please also post some pics from side and back of the TV. LG site mentions the depth of 1.7 inches however some of the posts suggested that it is more than 2.5 inches. Did you try connecting the Widi display from your laptop?
Thanks in advance.
post #187 of 735 Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushikesh View Post

Thanks a lot for those pictures. Could you please also post some pics from side and back of the TV. LG site mentions the depth of 1.7 inches however some of the posts suggested that it is more than 2.5 inches. Did you try connecting the Widi display from your laptop?
Thanks in advance.

The speakers at the bottom are 2.5 inches thick. One reason I took mine back.
post #188 of 735 Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM

Liked: 13
I still can't find this TV available anywhere. Best Buy has nothing for me... The last store I called said it has been discontinued. That would be crazy seeing as they only sold it for a few weeks.
post #189 of 735 Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM

This entire thread needs a preface...
The lg60lm7200 is vaporware at best and possibly discontinued. It was a small batch run as a promo by LG for black Friday..
Take note.. Best Buy is the only one that leaves a display model up for a non existent product.
post #190 of 735 Old 12-14-2012, 07:36 PM

Hi

I am downgrading from a Sony 65HX950 due to a sub dead pixel and was disappointed for the price I paid. I love the TV and i fear that it will be a big step down from Sony to LG but for the price I think this will be pretty good.

My question for you guys is does the LM7200 have Dual Play ? It seems to say it on LG's website under features but not under techincal specs although for LM7600 it says in both features and technical specifications.

Can someone please confirm this ?

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60LM7200-led-tv

Thank You
post #191 of 735 Old 12-15-2012, 06:49 AM

IF you don't already own one, the question is moot.
The LG607200 is a discontinued product LG is using as a vaporware promotion tactic. LG made a small batch run at a low price point for Black Friday to generate interest in the company. They will have an iteration of the 7200 in 2013 at a different price point. Untill that happens, they will continue to list a fictional vaporware product. This is an underhanded dishonest vaporware sales tactic and they need to be called out on it.
post #192 of 735 Old 12-15-2012, 08:31 AM

That might be the case. My best buy said they have 2 at the warehouse and it will be delivered Tuesday. So lets see what happens on Tuesday.
post #193 of 735 Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 AM

Anyone ? Does this TV have dual play ? Or if I can buy those LG Game Glasses...would the side by side 3d work that way ? Is there any difference between doing it that way and the LG Dual Play ?
post #194 of 735 Old 12-15-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazi00 View Post

Anyone ? Does this TV have dual play ? Or if I can buy those LG Game Glasses...would the side by side 3d work that way ? Is there any difference between doing it that way and the LG Dual Play ?

It has dual play. It works pretty well too. I've used over under but haven't had the opportunity to try side by side. You do have to buy the dual play glasses separate though. There is a little distortion to the image in the form of squishing the image on games that don't display spit screen in full screen and some ghosting, but for the most part it does the job nicely.

Living Room:
LG 60" Lm7200
Onkyo TX-NR616
Klipsch KF-30 floor
Klipsch C-20 center channel
Klipsch QUINTETIV surround
Xbox 360
Xbox One
PS3
PS4
WiiU
HP Pavilion dv7 with IR
post #195 of 735 Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 AM

Anyone calibrate this set yet? If so, could you be so kind to post it. I've used the cnet calibration for the 7600 with some good results.

For those posting about not finding them, HH Gregg in Chicago have a bunch.
post #196 of 735 Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHarmony View Post

Anyone calibrate this set yet? If so, could you be so kind to post it. I've used the cnet calibration for the 7600 with some good results.

I'll second the request for some calibration results. I didn't find the 7600 settings to map well onto this unit and for the obvious reasons. I'm sure calibrated settings for the unit in a dark room should replicate fairly well, regardless of what naysayers may believe about porting calibration settings across units.

post #197 of 735 Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

@RiverSide: Off topic here but...if you take iPhone photos in landscape orientation with the shutter button to the RIGHT side, your photos will turn out right-side up. Another way to think about it is to use the volume button to take pictures, the volume buttons should be on the bottom. Same thing for videos with the iPhone. Thought I would chime in and hopefully help out.
post #198 of 735 Old 12-20-2012, 06:30 AM

Thanks for the post jsamples01. I learnt the hard way rotating several dozen videos. Apple allows the volume buttons to be used as a shutter but it leads to these orientation problems for Windows users.

post #199 of 735 Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Not sure if remaining stock is being cleared out or what but I do know these are available at the Best Buy's here in Phoenix, AZ.

So the absolutely certainty that these are vapor ware and can't be purchased is not true.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #200 of 735 Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM

They are selling these in Canada for Boxing day sale.

I am trying to decided between this and the Samsung 7100. The LG 60inch will be $1599+tax....while the Samsung 7100 will be $1499 for 55 inch or $1999 for 60 inch. Unfortunately, I haven' t been able to see the LG live anywhere. Any advice as to which is better to get? I know many on here have mentioned the LG is not as good picture quality as the Samsung...but it's better value...with these prices now...which would you guys get? Anyone looked at both of theses? I am open to active / passive 3D but I tend to lean more towards passive since it may be more convenient and no worry about the glasses ever stop functioning.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I need to decide very soon!

Thx
post #201 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrr View Post

I am trying to decided between this and the Samsung 7100. The LG 60inch will be $1599+tax....while the Samsung 7100 will be $1499 for 55 inch or $1999 for 60 inch. Unfortunately, I haven' t been able to see the LG live anywhere. Any advice as to which is better to get? I know many on here have mentioned the LG is not as good picture quality as the Samsung...but it's better value...with these prices now...which would you guys get? Anyone looked at both of theses? I am open to active / passive 3D but I tend to lean more towards passive since it may be more convenient and no worry about the glasses ever stop functioning.
Thx

The Samsung has a dual core processor and possibly a higher software frame interpolation rate.. If you can live with active and $400 more, it'll be a solid choice.

post #202 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 AM

Any idea if the picture quality is much better with the Samsung compare to the LG? How much do the dual core or higher software affect things? Also, I understand active is often supposed to be better 3D effect...but is it a "dying" or older technology that may last if passive is gaining more leg?
post #203 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Any idea if the picture quality is much better with the Samsung compare to the LG? How much do the dual core or higher software affect things? Also, I understand active is often supposed to be better 3D effect...but is it a "dying" or older technology that may last if passive is gaining more leg?

I didn't get a chance to view the ES7100, it was Active 3D and over my budget so I passed. I'm sure the picture quality is on par with all edge-lit LED displays in the market. IF (and it's a big IF) you get the right panel, Samsung is still the leader in contrast ratios.

The dual core probably helps in the frame-interpolation computations plus the smart TV features.

I could never understand how people found active to be "better". Theoretically, maybe. To my eyes there is no way but passive to experience immersive theater-like 3D at home. The generous viewing angle of the LG LM7200 also helps where everyone can enjoy the same quality even off-axis.

post #204 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Thx

I replied to you in another post also and I think the LG is too good of a deal to pass up. I had always thought that I was a fan of active 3d with my GT50 Panasonic, but imho the LG has the best 3d I have seen yet. There is some light that gets through on the corner but that is normal with edge lit LED's.
post #205 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

I didn't get a chance to view the ES7100, it was Active 3D and over my budget so I passed. I'm sure the picture quality is on par with all edge-lit LED displays in the market. IF (and it's a big IF) you get the right panel, Samsung is still the leader in contrast ratios.
The dual core probably helps in the frame-interpolation computations plus the smart TV features.
I could never understand how people found active to be "better". Theoretically, maybe. To my eyes there is no way but passive to experience immersive theater-like 3D at home. The generous viewing angle of the LG LM7200 also helps where everyone can enjoy the same quality even off-axis.

With that said...do you find the lack of the dual core chip affecting the LG function? Someone mentioned the connection is really slow? Any problems with streaming or watching videos from web?
post #206 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:

With that said...do you find the lack of the dual core chip affecting the LG function? Someone mentioned the connection is really slow? Any problems with streaming or watching videos from web?

Frankly I wasn't expecting much on the "Smart" front. I have a PS3 which does everything. However I'm impressed by LG's efforts. Netflix works just as well and streaming from my laptop is flawless. Youtube is surprisingly good, and surfing works great if you download the LG app and use the tablet as the keyboard. All this on Wireless G, not even N, or wired. Best part is that changing channels doesn't take eons as it did on my old LCD TV. I can't imagine how a dual core would help, maybe displaying pages and rendering images in web surfing would be faster.. but don't think I'll be willing to pay more or part with passive 3D for that.

Hope that helps, and here's an example of that wider viewing angle I mentioned earlier.

post #207 of 735 Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 PM

well my 10 year old sharp aquos finally bit the bullet this morning...luckily ive been ready for it and trying to research a decent replacement, but now my hand is somewhat forced and i had hoped to wait another few weeks so i didnt make to rash a decision.

where i live up in canuck land, the debate is lm7200 vs. lm8600....60" vs 55"...right now futureshop is offering the lm7200 for 1599+tax and ship and BB is offering the lm8600 1799+tax and free ship
both sets come to around 1999.00 when the dust settles.....the only advantage on paper the lm7200 has is the extra 5" size....other than that the lm8600 seems like a much better product, it has the dual core processor and a couple other slightly better features like contrast ratio etc.

problem is i dont live in a town near either store so have to pretty much rely on these review forums and ive learned a lot reading all the pro's and cons...but still have to buy set unseen.

from other forums ive learned or so it was said anyways that when you buy LG true motion that 240 is really 120hz native but with the enhanced it is a simulated 240hz which may explain why a lot of users complain about it when watching fast sports?? i dont really know tho.

im not really sure whether the bigger size of a sooon to be discontinued 7200 is really worth it when the 8600 seems like the "better build"......
and all that said there is the 55lm7600 to make things even more confusing which has great reviews for most part, aside from the usual edge-lit problems that will be appaent in all 3 i would assume?

so if you were me and you had to make a quick decision to get the sale price on the 7200 or 8600, which would you choose, or is the 7600 still the winner which is not much cheaper unless i went down to 47" model.

any input is helpful, thanks
post #208 of 735 Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 AM

Liked: 12
Well I was considering this tv as well up in Canada

I finally decided to go through with the purchase tonight and was just about to make the purchase on Futureshop

Only to find out that they raised the price from $1599 to $1699 even though the webpage still states $1599 once the tv is added into the cart it is $1699; so forget that :/

post #209 of 735 Old 12-26-2012, 01:15 AM

yeah i guess the price went up at midnight pst....oh well....
this "new" samsung looks interesting...
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-1080p-240hz-3d-led-smart-tv-un55es7050fxzc-un55es7050fxzc/10228571.aspx
but the sammy 7100 is slightly cheaper and probably better:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-1080p-240hz-3d-led-smart-tv-un55es7100fxzc-un55es7100fxzc/10202370.aspx?path=e03c31396a2f581a4d0958f3043864e9en02

if you can get into a store to buy it cause online is sold out frown.gif
post #210 of 735 Old 12-26-2012, 04:44 AM

Liked: 12
was thinking about the sony hx750 instead AVForums in the uk gives it great reviews

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-bravia-55-1080p-240hz-3d-led-smart-tv-kdl55hx750-black-kdl55hx750/10195731.aspx?path=d2c5ad863b59efb8350fb664b7312cb6en02

but i think its price went up too (thought it was 1499)

ah well maybe i'll just wait for the OLEDs to come out and hopefully push the prices of these down even more :/

was looking to increase my screen space (60+")

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es6500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page