55LM9600 or XBR-HX950 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I've read separate reviews and threads of the 55LM9600 and the XBR55HX950. With online reviews having different results, I'm more comfortable getting verdicts from the forum.
I wanted to buy an XBR55HX929 last year but decided to hold off since i was kinda having doubts about the banding and blooming. But now the 950 is out and it looks like the technology hasn't changed much, and the problems are the same problems ( a little less based from the discussions ). I'm looking to buy it this year, and I have noticed that Amazon has listed it as the same price as the 929 which is $3000. The LG costs $2,364.00.

I tried searching the forums for some kind of comparison between the 2 sets but did not find any. With both brands using their own techno babble names, what I gather is that they are both full array with local dimming. But the Sony has gorilla glass. With a $600+ difference, I would appreciate some veteran inputs on the picture quality, problems and much more from you guys. Oh and the Sony does not include 3D glasses. LG has 6 glasses included. But they're cheap so that's why they're free i guess.

One more thing, wife doesn't watch 3D. It makes her dizzy. I'm not much into 3D either. If there were only full array local dimming 2D sets, it would be cheap. Recommendations on models which comes close would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
best bang for your money will be 55LM9600. Sony is pricey due to its brand name...
http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/11/xbr-55hx950-vs-55lm9600.html
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page