Vizio 65" M650VSE or Vizio 60" E601-A3 for Black Friday? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
steven18179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So,

I've been mulling over these two options for the past week after the Black Friday ads leaked and was wanting to get this community's thoughts on the matter.

At Sam's Club they will have the M650VSE on sale for $998, while Walmart will simultaneously have the E601-A3 on sale for $688. Looking at the two sets, I do notice some differences that may affect which one to go after...

E601-A3 pros:
Has a more slim frame
Slightly better response time (4ms vs 5.5)
4 HDMI ins instead of 3
DLNA support
Price ($300 less)

M650VSE pros:
5" larger

In my mind, I'm thinking that I would like DLNA support for my Android devices, though I haven't seen it in action to know if it warrants seeking out the E601-A3 isntead. And maybe this is something that will be added to the firmware of the M650VSE down the road?

My real back and forth about this though is paying $300 for the extra 5" of viewability; I figure there are others on here who either made the jump on other comparable sets etc, and wanted to know their thoughts on whether its worth it for the more space.

-Steven
steven18179 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
steven18179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, I mean to say sorry if I placed this in a wrong subforum, or if it belongs in an existing discussion thread etc.
steven18179 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
 
TerrenceQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven18179 View Post

So,
I've been mulling over these two options for the past week after the Black Friday ads leaked and was wanting to get this community's thoughts on the matter.
At Sam's Club they will have the M650VSE on sale for $998, while Walmart will simultaneously have the E601-A3 on sale for $688. Looking at the two sets, I do notice some differences that may affect which one to go after...
E601-A3 pros:
Has a more slim frame
Slightly better response time (4ms vs 5.5)
4 HDMI ins instead of 3
DLNA support
Price ($300 less)
M650VSE pros:
5" larger
In my mind, I'm thinking that I would like DLNA support for my Android devices, though I haven't seen it in action to know if it warrants seeking out the E601-A3 isntead. And maybe this is something that will be added to the firmware of the M650VSE down the road?
My real back and forth about this though is paying $300 for the extra 5" of viewability; I figure there are others on here who either made the jump on other comparable sets etc, and wanted to know their thoughts on whether its worth it for the more space.
-Steven

Go bigger size M650VSE!
http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/11/m650vse-vs-e601i-a3.html
TerrenceQ is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Member
 
mandimeoutof10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have read elsewhere that they have the same board so the 60" might provide you with a slightly better picture. (Don't however, quote me on that.) With that said, if money was no option I would go bigger but since it is, I can't justify paying 300 for 5 more inches of diagonal. I will be buying the 60"er on Amazon or Wal-Mart (Backup plan) Sunday or Friday.
mandimeoutof10 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Member
 
TheLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
E60 is supposed to be $698 at Sam's Club this Sunday night for the early Black Friday event.
TheLight is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Newbie
 
bibliosandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I believe that the 60" goes on sale Thursday evening at 10 PM, in store only. Aye ! There's the rub. I did some scouting yesterday, they were NOT in the stores. So often, we do not have to make decisions, they are made for us. Happy shopping !
bibliosandy is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
steven18179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliosandy View Post

I believe that the 60" goes on sale Thursday evening at 10 PM, in store only. Aye ! There's the rub. I did some scouting yesterday, they were NOT in the stores. So often, we do not have to make decisions, they are made for us. Happy shopping !

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to try and go after the 65" wish me luck!
steven18179 is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
steven18179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was able to score one last night on the website, it crashed a few times when the deals hit at 8pm PST, but finally went through, just glad I don't have to wait hours in a line tomorrow
steven18179 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mr266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 617
you may want to double check and make sure your order didn't get cancelled. Seems to have happened a lot.

WDTV Live SMP with 5TB HDD & KDLINKS 3.0 5Gbps 7 Ports Hub
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB
Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR
Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Panasonic SA-HE100 AVR
Technics SL-B20 Turntable
mr266 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
steven18179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

you may want to double check and make sure your order didn't get cancelled. Seems to have happened a lot.

Yep it got cancelled, so glad they managed to charge my card though, WTF???
steven18179 is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 12-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Exfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have one of these E601-A3 still in an unopened box. If anyone in Cinci Ohio interested, PM me.
Exfer is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 65 Inch Razor Led Smart Fhdtv M650vse , Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E601i by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off