Display issue. Static lines flash on TV. LG 55LM7600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with static lines that flash on my TV for a split second. I dont know of a better technical term to go by unfortunately. I found a similar post for a samsung TV that has a youtube video where if you look close you can see the static lines flashing similar to mine.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1436974/1080-60p-is-jittery-and-has-static-lines

Mine don't flash as often but are much larger and more noticeable. I checked to see if it was the HDMI cord and it was not. I'm using a PS3 as a blu ray player that is wired directly to the TV.

I seem to see more of the lines flash while watching blu rays at 1080P/60Hz than 1080P/24Hz, but they are present in both. However, i dont see any static line flashes anywhere else, while playing games at 1080P/60Hz or any lower resolution or while watching cable TV at all.

Any help is appreciated. Lastly is this common among other LG 55LM7600s? I'd have to check but if if I'm in my return/warranty period would you recommend getting a replacement? I thought i read somewhere that this issue gets worse over time and my set is pretty new, few weeks.

Other than this issue, everything on the TV works great, PQ and 3d is exceptional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

bump. anyone have any thoughts? watched a 1080P/24Hz movie last night noticed several of the static line flickers throughout the movie. Could this be an issue with 3d?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

bump. still looking for some help.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 AM

I wish I could help, but I have the exact same problem. I bought a 55LM7600 a week ago and I can't get my ps3 to work with it either. When I try to change the resolution on the PS3 to 1080p i just get static and green lines all over the tv. 1080i somewhat works but I get the green static on the screen. The sound also keeps cutting out every 5 seconds or so. I picked up some component cables and those work fine, but I want to get HDMI working so I can watch 3d.

Just wanted to chime in and see if you ever found a solution.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

No I don't have an answer yet. I exchanged the tv and have the same issue so I figure it has to do with firmware or something? Not 100% on that though. I have an email in to lg and haven't received a response yet. Will update if I do.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 AM

Interesting. I can't even test to make sure it's not my ps3. I have the old fat model. Even when I do get it working in 1080i, the only bluray 3d movie I have still doesn't think the Tv is 3d capable. Pretty frustrating. I would have figured if this were a problem we would have heard a lot more people complaining about this, but I'm not finding much when searching about the problem.

Thanks for the update.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-22-2012, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

So I had a service tech come out yesterday. He replaced the main motherboard. Ill keep you posted to see if it fixes it. I tested a different 3d player and cable prior to the service and it didn't help. So it's definitely a tv issue. Will watch a 3d movie soon and post results.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page